• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

guzzisti91

Tuned and Synch'ed
So, about a week ago i did both the tyres & with them off i decided to do the forks as well. In a prevoius post concerning the forks, the left fork was jammed on, thanks to encountering rust that was flaking the chrome off. I have since taken the blinker off & pressed it out using a scissor jack, & the rest was easy! I sanded it with wet & dry, causing the rusted part to turn silver. Stanchion is still strong. Pumped until there was nothing left. About 400mL came out, but boy, did it stink! Washed it out with carby cleaner, which pumped out of the stanchion clear before swabbing it with a clean rag. Left it to drain more overnight before reinstalling it.

The right fork was a bit easier, only when it reached it's rust band, i had to tap the bottom tree a bit before it would press out. Otherwise, same story as the left. Same strength. Same amount of oil. Same smell. Reinstalled both flush with the upper tree using a flat piece of wood across the top before putting in Dexron III (reccomended by a lube guide), levelling, & reinstalling the caps.

Now, after riding it a few times, i noticed a few things. Firstly, the handling is sharper. Secondly, it grips better (because of the new Lasertechs?). It's also more stable, suspension is stiffer, yet i feel less bumps & no longer hear any rattle. & since fixing the carbs & changing to a home made filter, the fuel light came on with the tripmeter at 283km. I filled the tank 5 minutes after fixing the carbs. The screen was removed for 10 of those km.

Now, previously, the most i could get was 294km out of it's 14 litre tank. But this time, after 283km, it needed 10.74 litres. The light came on 5km prior. I am puzzled by these improvements, but i suspect it's because this 2-wheeled tank has fallen into the hands of someone who actually looks after it.

But that's not my question. I had to remove the screen to do the forks, & decided to leave it off while tested the forks. Does this thing look better with or without the screen?
Tmp 1467 20180204 164355 HDR972792864 That's it to the right, screen on
Tmp 1467 20180221 191130190094034 This is how it looks now

I like the look without but I like "basic" bikes best.

I have a '89 Guzzi Mille GT that looks best without the screen but I need to wear a full face hat to be comfortable for any ride over an hour.
Longer or cold/wet weather or if I want to wear the old 3/4 Bell open face I put the screen back on.

I like the look without but I like "basic" bikes best.

I have a '89 Guzzi Mille GT that looks best without the screen but I need to wear a full face hat to be comfortable for any ride over an hour.
Longer or cold/wet weather or if I want to wear the old 3/4 Bell open face I put the screen back on.
Yeah, buffeting can be an issue but i'm used to it. I only have a THH T-373 open face with full face shield. Safest open face on the market, apparently. Can be quite noisy in certain situations, but otherwise, no issues. My only gripe is without the screen, the wind twists the flag

Back