• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III Drop Speedo/Tacho Bracket

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
I just finalized the drop and center speedo bracket (for those with OCD like me) for the V7 III single gauge models. The single gauge is a sealed unit, so the backing cover is not used, and the headlight can stay in place and not be lowered unless wanted. The twin clock version is now done as well, and now posted below or click here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-v7-iii-speedo-drop-bracket

70FF9AD7 BDD8 46C1 AE9D 85542E75097E

EF759956 3994 4F5F ACFF 78CE2B9C0107

I'd have to see what it looked like, but I'd be interested in one for the dual gauges on the V7III Racer. I find that the stock configuration reflects sunlight into my eyes a bit much occasionally; a lower, flatter angle would reduce that, I think.

Dual gauges drop bracket below (prototype only). It is shown with an aftermarket headlight and brackets (@Godfrey - JWS adaptive version), but this will of course work with the factory headlight/turns. Any interest here?

B3CD9AF0 C093 465E ACF4 609D136739E8
6E920C50 1773 4B62 AADD 70E17E0C9DA9

That'll look good once it's finished and painted, Todd!

It remains a thought, but for the moment I'm satisfied with the way the instruments, the Dart Piranha, the turn signals, etc, are all fitting, working, and looking. So I'm not inclined to go in and change things there for the moment.

I remain interested in the JWS Adaptive LED headlight .. but I'd really rather not go the route of changing the stock bracketry and turn signals. The stock headlamp, even with an uprated bulb, doesn't have a very good pattern on high beam ... it's only adequate on low beam. I'd prefer to solve that problem without modifying too much of everything else. If I go for one of the JWS units, I want it to fit inside a stock or modified-stock headlamp bucket housing. :D

Thanks and understood. My next step is to see how it fits with the Dart and stock headlight/brackets.
I hear you on the retro-fit. I’m sure it can be done. The owner of the bike above did it direct with MD.

Looks great. Have you considered trying to add gauge cups to clean up the exposed inner housing? Something like this might work out of the box, depending on the width/depth: mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=276&products_id=4431

Something else that crossed my mind. Assuming there was some magical way to attach the gauge cup bottom plate securely to the gauge itself, it might also allow you to run the console plate to the top of the gauge(s) instead of the bottom, if desired — by sandwiching everything together (which I believe is how the gauge cup was designed to work?). E.g. Some variation on this for example: mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=276&products_id=4432 Honestly, I don’t know which I would prefer aesthetically.

Regardless, adding gauge cups might really clean things up.

Last edited:
I personally don’t mind the exposed gauge body. The cup idea might work (and of course adds to cost), but the bottom certainly will not.
You do NOT need to lower the headlight on any of my designs. The whole concept is to put the gauges close to what the old style on the second link you posted, however with the newer gauge design, my solution is the only thing that will easily achieve this.

I personally don’t mind the exposed gauge body. The cup idea might work (and of course adds to cost), but the bottom certainly will not.
You do NOT need to lower the headlight on any of my designs. The whole concept is to put the gauges close to what the old style on the second link you posted, however with the newer gauge design, my solution is the only thing that will easily achieve this.

I agree... not having to move the headlamp is critical — which is why your solution works so well. But I do think that issue could be solved by angling the console plate slightly up instead of down, (and/or adding spacers underneath the two fork plate connection points so the console plate started out level with the top of the fork top plate) — the gauges could stay in the exact same place. Don’t get me wrong, I love your design as is ... was just brainstorming the options that adding a gauge cup might open to you. My mind wanders like that :)

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong, I love your design as is ... was just brainstorming the options that adding a gauge cup might open to you. My mind wanders like that.
Thanks, I always appreciate input... it helps the design evolve. The flat angle I have works really well (tested).
More parts = more cost. I considered the gauge cup idea, but didn't know where to find one, thanks for the link. I'll put a caliper on the stock gauges today.

Do you own a V7III?

I currently own a 2001 V11 Sport. But am in the process of upgrading (downgrading?)— waiting for the v7 Milano to arrive. Just getting excited and reading up/mapping out my wish list. Thanks for the forum... learning lots thanks to you and the great community.

Did you ever make one for the v7II?
Did not, but we can mod the one I sell for the older bikes for you if you want one for some extra $. It just needs some tabs to hold the cover with the ABS/TC lights, or you can relocate those as a few have done also.

Hello there from the bottom of the world.
Does the single bracket fit a V9.
I agree with one of the previous posts that the off centre position of the speedo drives me crazy
cheers
Stephen

I've read this thread just out of interest. My question hasn't been covered here. Why do some want to have their instruments lying flat(ter)? The instruments on my special are at (or very near) the perfect alignment for viewing from the normal riding position.

Back