• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Eldorado Initial Setup of User Code

saranao

Just got it firing!
Hello everybody, this is my first post on this forum, I hope that this is the right place. I just got a (barely) used 2016 Eldorado from a former Guzzi dealer, and the "Code" message appears in the odometer section for a few seconds when I insert the key. After reading around (the manual is no use) I concluded that I need to pick a code for each key (I have two, one has a red protective sleeve) and program it on the system.
Do you have any pointer to a document that I can read to understand the details of what to do to enter the code? Do I need a code for each key? Should the code be the same for both keys? Any pointer is much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Hello everybody, this is my first post on this forum, I hope that this is the right place. I just got a (barely) used 2016 Eldorado from a former Guzzi dealer, and the "Code" message appears in the odometer section for a few seconds when I insert the key

Get your dealer to do it for you. Have them enter a code "11111" for you and set your spare key to work.

I attempted this, with advice from the good people here, and have not yet been able to find a dealer who has the competence to reset the computer and re-do my screw up.

My strong recommendation is to use the Service Code posted at the first of this thread. Generic numbers make it a difficult or impossible guessing game (then costly for reset) for any/all secondary owners down the road.

Yes, but a very costly one by pulling the dashboard and sending it to the Netherlands (Carmo).

That is insane. What is in the Netherlands that can not happen any other place in the world?

I have experience that replacing the dash with a new one does not "reset" anything. Therefore I propose that the dash is not the issue. The programming code that determines and/or retains that key code must reside in another computer on the bike. I have got to believe that it is possible to strip out the original program and reload, essentially a reload, starting from "zero".

My strong recommendation is to use the Service Code posted at the first of this thread. Generic numbers make it a difficult or impossible guessing game (then costly for reset) for any/all secondary owners down the road.
Thanks for the recommendation. Shall I use the same code for both keys? Do you now of any instruction on how to do it? Thanks again.

Thanks for the recommendation. Shall I use the same code for both keys? Do you now of any instruction on how to do it? Thanks again.

I was in a similar situation. Bought a used 2014 California Touring, bothered by the word CODE that appeared every time I put the key in. Bugged me. Read the Owners Manual and followed the procedure to add a unique 5 digit code. Everything worked great. Now the CODE doesn't flash. I called the dealer that sold the bike (Moto International) and told them to document the 5 digit code. I also added it to the folder of documents I have for the bike. I don't think losing that code is an issue.

What scares me now is what to do with the spare key. Roadventure describes a situation which indicates the spare key isn't as simple to program. Reading what he did, I would have likely followed the same procedure. However, I believe his main key had already been programmed because he was only getting CODE when his spare had been entered (unlike you and me, both keys had never been programmed). Now he's got a key-related warning light on the dash that won't go away.

I'll try not to lose my key thus never need to spare. I'm pretty far from a dealer but when I go see a dealer I'm planning to take the spare along and inquire how to get both programmed properly.

Last edited:
I picked up my slightly used 2016 Eldorado and am having similar issues. The warning light stays on and the icon indicates there is a key issue. I have played around with it using the info on this forum and have both keys working, hooray! But the problem is, the warning light has remained on with the icon now showing a picture of the key with the word 'code' beside it. I can get to the point where it asks me to enter a new user code, but when i put hat in I wait forever and nothing happens. Is there an enter button? Am I supposed to turn the bike on after? Any advice? And why is it so difficult to get an owners manual for this bike? Thanks.

I know this is going to sound messed up, but I can't seem to find where the Km's on the motorcycle are displayed. I scroll through the mode selector and can't find it. I see the fuel level, outside temperature, gear I am in, the fact that I am on veloce setting(not sure how to change) and underneath that can scroll through to see MGCT, menu, an inaccurate time I cannot change, battery power, fuel consumption,a number 1 with fuel consumption, a number 1 with a clock?, a number 1 with a km(assume it's a trip odometer, and a reading of O'Donnell that shows 0km. How do I find the true mileage?

To change the Engine Mode from VELOCE, the engine has to be running. Press the start button (with engine already running) and VELOCE will appear in the display. You can toggle through TURISMO and PIOGGIA by pressing the start button repeatedly. It will stay in the last mode you select. From memory, if you are riding while doing this, you have to be on a steady throttle.

Stephen

I know this is going to sound messed up, but I can't seem to find where the Km's on the motorcycle are displayed. I scroll through the mode selector and can't find it. I see the fuel level, outside temperature, gear I am in, the fact that I am on veloce setting(not sure how to change) and underneath that can scroll through to see MGCT, menu, an inaccurate time I cannot change, battery power, fuel consumption,a number 1 with fuel consumption, a number 1 with a clock?, a number 1 with a km(assume it's a trip odometer, and a reading of O'Donnell that shows 0km. How do I find the true mileage?

The total kilometers should be the next display after the time display when you push the mode switch to the right and next should be the trip odometer, to reset the trip hold in the mode button while it is displayed until it resets to 0km.
Instant fuel consumption will only be displayed while the bike is moving.
To set the clock, while the clock is displayed press and hold the mode button in until the hour starts to flash change up or down by pushing mode button left or right, when correct push in mode button and minutes will flash repeat as for hour.
To change from Veloce, start the bike, give it a couple of seconds then press the start button again, you will see the Veloce highlighted with a black background, quickly press the button again while it is highlighted and it will change to the next engine mode, leave it for a few seconds and it will reset to that mode. To change it while riding the throttle must be fully closed and then the procedure is the same, don't touch throttle until new mode resets, i.e. the highlight disappears.
Hopefully that all makes sense.

The total kilometers should be the next display after the time display when you push the mode switch to the right and next should be the trip odometer, to reset the trip hold in the mode button while it is displayed until it resets to 0km.
Instant fuel consumption will only be displayed while the bike is moving.
To set the clock, while the clock is displayed press and hold the mode button in until the hour starts to flash change up or down by pushing mode button left or right, when correct push in mode button and minutes will flash repeat as for hour.
To change from Veloce, start the bike, give it a couple of seconds then press the start button again, you will see the Veloce highlighted with a black background, quickly press the button again while it is highlighted and it will change to the next engine mode, leave it for a few seconds and it will reset to that mode. To change it while riding the throttle must be fully closed and then the procedure is the same, don't touch throttle until new mode resets, i.e. the highlight disappears.
Hopefully that all makes sense.
I can't get it to read the total Km's, I was thinking it was because the key icon with the word code is in the main box and preventing it. It is keeping me from getting the motorcycle registered in Ontario as they cannot confirm mileage.

When I first got my slightly used Eldorado it had a warning light with the key icon visible on the dash. At this point only one of the two keys I got with it worked. Through a lot of trials I was able to key both keys working and the warning red light went away, the key icon was still present, but now with the word code beside it. I can find the area that requests for me to put in a new user code, but when I scroll through and input a code it doesn't seem to accep it. Is there a process I have to do after all 5 numbers are in?

When I first got my slightly used Eldorado it had a warning light with the key icon visible on the dash. At this point only one of the two keys I got with it worked. Through a lot of trials I was able to key both keys working and the warning red light went away, the key icon was still present, but now with the word code beside it. I can find the area that requests for me to put in a new user code, but when I scroll through and input a code it doesn't seem to accep it. Is there a process I have to do after all 5 numbers are in?

After you enter the last number, try pressing in and releasing the mode button.

Back