• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

H&B center stand vs original for V7iii

The H-B works fine on my V7 III and it seems others use the OEM stand without any issue. Can't comment on the other, seems it's not available in the US.

Paul

I can't say which is better, but my dealer has the Guzzi original in a box waiting for me to get down there to install it. They spoke highly of it as being a robust and easy to install/use part. Plus they cannot get H&B parts anymore.

I can't say which is better, but my dealer has the Guzzi original in a box waiting for me to get down there to install it. They spoke highly of it as being a robust and easy to install/use part. Plus they cannot get H&B parts anymore.
Can it be used with original side stand, the curved one...?

Would the OEM Guzzi center stand be compatible with the V7 III Stone as well? The website only said compatible with V7 III Special and Carbon. I can't think of anything difference; would be nice to be able to put it on the center stand and check the oil level that way.

Would the OEM Guzzi center stand be compatible with the V7 III Stone as well? The website only said compatible with V7 III Special and Carbon. I can't think of anything difference; would be nice to be able to put it on the center stand and check the oil level that way.
The Guzzi stand only lists as compatible with the Special on their web ite, but it's the same one the dealer got in for my Anniversario. So I would "think" it would fit. I do know the H&B center stand works for all V7 III models (Stone, Special, Anniversario and Racer). so I can't imagine the Guzzi one would not.

I do have a vague memory of reading somewhere that the H&B center stand required removal of the side stand. But I cannot verify that.

The U.S. stand has an additional bend that causes issues with most centerstands. Unless specifically noted that it will work with a US-spec side-stand, I would say plan on buying the euro version to fit and work properly. They just hiked up the Euro stand price for the newer bikes to ~$2XX. Ouch.

Do Moto Guzzi actually offer a stand for the V7-III? When I was looking to buy one, H&B was the only option. It's probably the V7-II that MG can supply.

Do Moto Guzzi actually offer a stand for the V7-III? When I was looking to buy one, H&B was the only option. It's probably the V7-II that MG can supply.
Apparently there is an original stand now, that is not the h&b one.
Chech the guzzi accessory site, and also ebay

In a different era of my life, I wouldn't consider buying a bike without a center stand.

But nowadays, well, I have a ride-on wheel chock to hold the bike upright in the garage for parking and light maintenance, and a work stand if I need to do more involved maintenance which includes removing front/rear wheels or suspension. I always used the side stand when out riding or traveling anyway. Why carry around the additional weight of metal that I don't need?

Apparently there is an original stand now, that is not the h&b one.
Chech the guzzi accessory site, and also ebay

Your call, but the situation hasn't changed since I purchased my H&B one; any genuine Guzzi stand will be for an earlier model and will not fit the V7-III.

The ebay listings I found were all for the H&B, Good luck trying to fit anything else.

In a different era of my life, I wouldn't consider buying a bike without a center stand.

But nowadays, well, I have a ride-on wheel chock to hold the bike upright in the garage for parking and light maintenance, and a work stand if I need to do more involved maintenance which includes removing front/rear wheels or suspension. I always used the side stand when out riding or traveling anyway. Why carry around the additional weight of metal that I don't need?

I agree with you sentiments, and do not have a center stand for my Cali 1400 Customs, my 1200 Sports or my Griso 1200SE. But the V7-III is different, and will not accept the standard pump up style lift due the the exhaust pipes being lower than the frame rails, And I couldn't find anywhere under the engine flat enough to use the smaller scissor style.

I agree: you can't use a standard pump up type of lift easily. However, there are other options that fit the bike well. Two that I'm aware of:
  • The Pit Bull Motorcycle Rear Stand for the V7 and V7II also fits the V7III. It picks the bike up via the cross member just below and in front of the exhaust crossover pipe. The only detail is that you have to unbolt and push the V7III EVAP canister out of the way (or relocate it permanently, or remove it altogether), since Guzzi relocated the canister such that it interferes with the Pit Bull stand's operation. https://www.pit-bull.com/moto-guzzi...moto-guzzi-v7-motorcycle-rear-stand-f0096-000
With either of these, if you want to work on the front end or remove the front tire, use a floor or scissors jack (with a block of wood to protect the sump casting) to lift the front of the bike once the bike is securely lifted at the rear with the stand.

A centerstand is most convenient when traveling and you need to have the bike held upright for light maintenance, like oil level checks and changes, but this is something I almost never found myself needing to do since the 1990s with any of my bikes. None of them ever consumed enough oil between service intervals to worry about it, or leaked; if the occasion arose that I felt I had to check the oil, I just ask someone to sit on the bike and hold it up while I do so. The ride-on wheel chock I use for parking does that kind of thing very well also.

Last edited:
Back