• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Side Cover Bag interest

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
A little off topic, but I do like that little saddlebag accessory. Racer has so little on-board storage space to work with, it would be useful for day rides... Expensive bit of detailing, but possibly worth it.
I have a local leather guy, happy to price match, as well as custom seats. I believe they send the bag with a new side cover, which you don’t need really.

I have a local leather guy, happy to price match, as well as custom seats. I believe they send the bag with a new side cover, which you don’t need really.

Hmm. That's an idea.

One thought about the BAAK product was that the bag and side cover could be easily swapped back to the stock side cover when desired, for whatever reason.

Although my mind reaches further too: If it could be made such that the bag is easily removed from the side cover when not desired, that would be great. It might even be better to make it out of the kind of weatherproof material with zip closure that my bicycle frame bag is made of ... lighter, less maintenance, and likely a bit more space than leather in the same volume, with a thin bit of padding in it.

We'll have to discuss it off-line a bit... perhaps not immediately, but soon. :)

thx!

BAAK will sell you the little saddle bag with or without an extra side panel.
It's mounted with three throughbolts (riveted if you have them attach it) - so I bought an extra side panel in case I want to switch it out. I never have wanted to. It's too useful!

FWIW - the BAAK black leather bag is a lighter weight leather than the other colors. I would have preferred the thicker, stiffer leather of the other colors, but I thought that the black bag matched the color scheme of my bike better.

Thanks. There are all kinds of options, I see. Lots to think about... :)

I agree that such a bag will likely be fitted and never move. It's kind of a shame that there's no storage on the bike to speak of .. the little depression in the fender under the seat isn't really big enough to fit even a minimal (useful) tool kit easily.

... It's kind of a shame that there's no storage on the bike to speak of .. the little depression in the fender under the seat isn't really big enough to fit even a minimal (useful) tool kit easily.

FYI... I did find a small toolkit that fits under the seat perfectly! Made by some mad puzzle/tool genius — Motion Pro MP tool. I haven’t had much need to test it yet, but looks like it will cover most of what’s needed, and there is room to add additional sockets/hex (and the GT Oil Cap Tool), which I plan on doing. Regardless, the side panel bag is pretty cool.

Last edited:
I'll look at that tool kit in more detail and get back to you, Todd.

On the saddlebag, I'm looking at the design and considering what I want out of it. I like the concept and looks of the bag as I saw it, but when it comes to bags, "the devil is in the details." Take it from a photographer with at least three dozen unused bags in the closet ... because all of them failed for me on some point of the details... :eek:

I would definitely be interested, almost bought the one from BAAK.

I would definitely be interested, almost bought the one from BAAK.
Thanks, well, everyone let me know what you're looking for and I'll put my guy to work.

If the design and price (of course :p) is right, I will consider ordering them.

What "I" want is nothing fancy huge but enough to store the tool kit, some wrenches, sparkplug socket & gloves...I am talking about total of both sides.

and oh ya, please make them lockable :p

There, my wish list heh...

I'd be interested to see how does the bag mount onto the current side cover. Permanent vs easily detachable for when it rains (like once or twice here in California). Or if the leather has a waterproof treatment already.

And probably large enough to fit a cheeseburger and fries from In'n'out? I can see myself eating fries from the side bag on long rides ;)

I got the idea from Baak = they are French = French fries plus their side bag measures 20 cm x 20 cm x 7 cm, which is perfect size. Anyway back on topic. :)

It's worth noting that given the position of the bag I don't like to carry anything large or bulky in it - not even a microfiber cloth (certainly not a tool kit). I personally use mine to carry my phone, wallet, a small cable (for locking my helmet), and a GT-Rx oil cap tool.

Yes, it's a small bag for carrying the incidentals. A small toolkit would fit, given that its so hard to put one under the seat in the space available, but it can't be very large or heavy.

My phone and wallet go into dedicated pockets I have on my riding jacket, so it's not useful for that (for me). I was thinking more the bike incidentals, like light tools, a cloth for wiping things, some wipes for the headlight, when traveling, etc.

Yes, it's a small bag for carrying the incidentals. A small toolkit would fit, given that its so hard to put one under the seat in the space available, but it can't be very large or heavy.

My phone and wallet go into dedicated pockets I have on my riding jacket, so it's not useful for that (for me). I was thinking more the bike incidentals, like light tools, a cloth for wiping things, some wipes for the headlight, when traveling, etc.

And I, on the other hand, don't like to have anything in my pockets when I ride. :)

I still think you'll find that anything bulky in that location is bothersome - but people have different levels of tolerance for that sort of thing, so maybe you would think it was fine. I, personally, would find it very uncomfortable if there was anything that bulky in the side panel saddle bag.

And I, on the other hand, don't like to have anything in my pockets when I ride. :)

I still think you'll find that anything bulky in that location is bothersome - but people have different levels of tolerance for that sort of thing, so maybe you would think it was fine. I, personally, would find it very uncomfortable if there was anything that bulky in the side panel saddle bag.

That's one of the reasons I'm taking my time thinking about the bag and what I'd use it for: Exactly what goes into it, what it's useful for, changes what I'd like regards the design and its closure too.

I agree: we all have our own habits about what we carry and how. I picked this jacket because it had pockets that felt were comfortable and held what I wanted in convenient and accessible places. It's not a great jacket, but it's been pretty functional over the past year. I plan to buy a better quality jacket this coming Fall ... but I consider my jacket to be part of my luggage on a motorcycle, it must be capable of carrying some of the junk I need to have with me.

It's all good! :)

G

The biggest issue I'd foresee is how much contact there'd be with my legs. I'm gonna have to take a look at where my legs actually go on the bike tomorrow when I go to my drug test.

The biggest issue I'd foresee is how much contact there'd be with my legs. I'm gonna have to take a look at where my legs actually go on the bike tomorrow

That’s exactly the issue with the location of the bag that I am referring to. Because bulky items stored there do interfere with where one’s legs go, I find that I only like using the side cover saddle bag for storage of small items that would get lost or fly out of the under seat storage area (for example the GT-Rx oil cap tool [which every V7/V9 owner should have, BTW] - which I unfortunately know by experience will not stay in the under seat tool tray when riding).

Even the bulk of a microfiber cloth in the side cover saddle bag interferes with the freedom I would like my legs to have when accessing and articulating the foot controls... That said I don’t even notice the bag as long as I only carry small items there, and keeping small items there keeps them secure and instantly accessible. All in all, I love having the BAAK-style side cover saddle bag on my V7R!

Last edited:
Back