• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85 TT Info

P.S.
First testers said that the unique drawback is... the sound at the exhaust! Seems too "well educated".
But keep into account that this bike is ready to pass even the future (and severe) Euro5 regulations about pollution. :cool:

P.P.S.
Anyway, the "problem" at the muffler can be easily solved. ;)

Last edited:
40026868_10216805886996911_7125687040003276800_n.jpg

40031649_10216805887996936_7668300834379137024_n.jpg

40002192_10216805888156940_4705739531557535744_n.jpg

40024151_10216805889196966_1442766079792250880_n.jpg

40004229_10216805887956935_5136704508612575232_n.jpg

highlights:
- titanium valves with changed geometry
- bigger throttle body ("corpo farfallato") compared to v9
- semi-dry carter instead of the wet v9 with less power draining pumps arrangements
- declared 80hp
- 130km/h at 5000 rpm according to tester
- handles very well in dynamics according to tester
- "round" engine feel and acceleration, not nervous and pleasurable
- testers complained about the exhaust noise... too polite and characterless ! (it is ready for euro5 though)

It is still a preview

The production bike is live for public consumption at the GMG this weekend.

The bike was behind a fence in Mandello (ie you couldn't touch/mount it).
Nice bike regarding the esthetic, maybe too big an exhaust for my taste.

The pre book test drive was apparently a success, in the afternoon when I've asked the first available free spot was in March.

The more i stare at it, the more I like it...

but again...where the hell are they going to put that center stand behind that big ass muffler???

Waiting to see the new V85 engined street bike they teased a few months ago.

I've asked a local engineer at Mandello in charge of the production lines about it, and confirmed that it will be unveiled at EICMA in Milan, a bike with a "retouched" V85, more "race"/street styled. Understandably no more details were provided.

I've asked a local engineer at Mandello in charge of the production lines about it, and confirmed that it will be unveiled at EICMA in Milan, a bike with a "retouched" V85, more "race"/street styled. Understandably no more details were provided.
Ah thanks. That is why is has not been announced yet. I thought the reveal was at the MG open house. Will make a note in my November calendar. :)

btw the engine chief engineer cited in this article, is an avid motorcyclist and proud owner of a Stelvio (apparently there are lot of motorcyclists inside Guzzi offices also in non tech departments... marketing, sales etc... it is said that the toner guy :) is a Guzzi rider too...).
According to some interviews, they wanted to replicate the fun factor and pleasure of the Stelvio but in a more modern and lighter package... in a nutshell...

Anyway you can be certain that in Guzzi they eat their own dog food... :)

I absolutely loved my 2010 Stelvio with a Leo Vince and Todds map. never would have sold it if I wasn't 5'8". 10+ on the fun factor!
If I can touch the ground and waddle it around the V85 is my next bike. at 71 I can't wait to get the bugs out so I will keep the 4 other bikes for the broken days that hopefully never come.

Back