• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

ECU and Warning Lights

Jkd

Just got it firing!
Hi all - I'm looking at changing out the stock gauges and replacing with something smaller. The concern is that the replacement gauge only has one programmable general alarm / alert light.

Am I stuck having to choose only one of the four (MGCT, MI, ABS, and General Alarm (RPM)) that are currently present on the v7iii?

Is it possible to send the signal from all four to a single alert light on the new speedo?

Thank you!

My understanding, from previous thread, is that the tach on v7iii can not be easily replaced as it is integral to the ECU. I was hoping to do the same... but doesn’t sound practical.

Quick test is to unplug the speedo (and tacho) on the back of the gauge, and try to start the bike. If it does, you can do whatever you'd like.

Even if it did work, now that I know what all the tach does, I don't think I would replace it. Sounds like you would loose the ability to control the MGCT (+ trip meters, distance travelled in reserve, temperature, etc.) Little overkill, but kinda nice. Gauges on my previous bikes (Guzzi v11 Sport, et al) were pretty basic in comparison. What I wouldn't miss at all is the freakin x-mas tree that lights up when you start the bike — can they tone it down a bit please! Seriously...I really don't need to see the left/right blinker warnings flash endlessly. If you know any hackers that can turn that sh*t off, please let me know.

I very much doubt you could just parallel up all four alarms to one indicator, they are bound to conflict with each other somehow, so you would have to think of a way to keep all electrically seperated.
Then of course you would have the fun of seeing an alarm warning and trying to work out what it was for, some are actually important.

But it's your bike, your life. If you want to risk it because the ABS has failed and you hadn't realised, it's up to you.

I like the light show, and prefer the informational displays over my older bikes' lack of information. Diff'rent strokes for different folks, I guess. I do wish I had the big white-faced tach that my LeMans V had, though: I thought it looked darn cool! :D

Thanks all. The guy I had lined up for this bailed due to the risk / his ability. Will need to continue to look for options...
The original plan was to replace the dual gauges with the Motogadget Chronoclassic. Then I thought I could add 5 of these to handle all the other warnings from the bike. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000THMK66/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_9pLPBb6KJ0NWP Figured these or just one light connected to multiple ECU alerts could be figured out and reset using the ECU re-flash tool when tripped.

Going to see if I can get the box and cabling from this set up to compliment my Chronoclassic baakmotocyclettes.com/en/home/107-mini-speedometer-for-moto-guzzi-v7.html

hopefully good news to come... thanks again.

What I wouldn't miss at all is the freakin x-mas tree that lights up when you start the bike — can they tone it down a bit please! Seriously...I really don't need to see the left/right blinker warnings flash endlessly. If you know any hackers that can turn that sh*t off, please let me know.
The flashing doesn't bother me much but what I couldn't stand was the blue high beam indicator. It's brighter than the headlight reflection! I put a little black sticker over it. It cut the brightness a bit.

The flashing doesn't bother me much but what I couldn't stand was the blue high beam indicator. It's brighter than the headlight reflection! I put a little black sticker over it. It cut the brightness a bit.

I do the same. I usually turn the instrument lighting to minimum, but it doesn't affect the indicator lights enough, and that high beam light is simply too bright.

Thanks all. The guy I had lined up for this bailed due to the risk / his ability. Will need to continue to look for options...
The original plan was to replace the dual gauges with the Motogadget Chronoclassic. Then I thought I could add 5 of these to handle all the other warnings from the bike. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000THMK66/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_9pLPBb6KJ0NWP Figured these or just one light connected to multiple ECU alerts could be figured out and reset using the ECU re-flash tool when tripped.

Going to see if I can get the box and cabling from this set up to compliment my Chronoclassic.

hopefully good news to come... thanks again.

For those interested - the latest from BAAK. "there is no way to fit a Motogadget Chronoclassic on a V7 III, we’re currently trying to develop an electronic box that would enable us make such a modification but it’s not completed at the moment. The speedometers / wiring harness / electronic boxe parts we offer on our website are not compatible with the V7 III."

The saga continues...

Back