• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM Monster Builds

Sure is, and not just any. A 50mm works edition with CNC lower, and custom CNC triples.

Nice Todd.

Buttery smooth but stout i'm sure.
Can you PM a price for that fork please thru your shop? I assume you/they can match the steer tube size and caliper seats to match my SE Griso 13?

Thank you sir.

Nice Todd.
Buttery smooth but stout i'm sure.
Can you PM a price for that fork please thru your shop? I assume you/they can match the steer tube size and caliper seats to match my SE Griso 13?
Thanks, and wish I could. Unobtanium. Marzocchi is long out of business on the Moto side, and I nabbed a set quite some time ago. I am prototyping Matris’ all new F43SP set below, as an option on my GTM builds (and yes they will retro fit on a Griso.) They’re made to compete with the $12k Ohlins versions. Retail will be ~$4995/set, forks only.

EFF3A52B 6B5C 46FC B161 BD643F8CF17A

$5000. for a set of forks.

In 1970:
A new VW Beetle was $999.00. Their ad was "Still under a Thousand"
A Chevy C10 pick up was $1800.00, 6 cyl, 3 speed trans, heat, AM radio.
Hi test fuel was 0.28 cents a gallon.
Harley Sportster 900cc $1000.00
Average annual wage was just under $10,000.00.

Remember that Todd?

Remember that Todd?
A diversion to the topic here, but a fun one... so I'll bite:
I was a child in that era, but when I first got my license, gas was $.99~1.25/gallon, and I remember when it went "way up" to $1.75.
New bikes were mostly well under under $5k, and euro sports cars had just tipped over $30k, while anemic American "muscle" V8s were still under $20k. Now econoboxes are $20k+ and an F150 will set you back $30k moderately equipped.
Then I started Road Racing in the early 90's, and that world (as you likely know) opens your eyes on quality and cost.
OEM Griso Showa forks (which I just checked on) are shockingly affordable at ~$1000/pair new, but need ~$1000 in work to make them decent. OEM Aprilia RSV4 Ohlins are $7267/pair, which makes the above and below options seem like a deal. I've raced on the high $ Ohlins linked above, and if you ever get a chance to ride a set, you'll admit they make most modern forks feel like something from when motorcycles were first born in the early 20th century.
Plan is to offer an interesting selection of suspension options on my GTM builds.

WP Forks
BiTubo OhlinsFGR300

Awe you're kidding? I had no idea great shock/fork company. Always had the giveaway of that sideways M on the machined shape and attachment angles of the lowers. Don't know if it was intentional or just a bombproof coincidence. Even way back in my early days of down hilling mountain bikes. The envy of all forks single stem or triple tree was the Marzocchi.

Would love to buy (those) from you for sentimental reasons but I understand.....;)

Thanks sir for reply

I remember when I was a kid and gas was under a dollar a gallon. The price signs at all the gas stations only had space for two digits, so when gas shot up above a dollar a gallon gas stations had to improvise. Many either taped or painted a 1 next to the cents.

Additionally, back in the day our Harris framed Ducati racebike had sweet Ohlins forks off a Kawasaki WSBK. They were amazing. And I am sure what they have now at the upper end makes them look primitive.

I remember the gas wars.
I was pulling wrenches at a Sunoco & our rival was a Phillips 66.

People use to come in and get $2.00 worth of gas & some of the "old timers" asked for fuel by the gallon.

It’s official... GTM-01 will be on the floor at IMS Long Beach this weekend. It’ll be in the center isle as part of the judged custom build entries. I’ll snap and post some pics once it’s placed on the floor tomorrow am. I'll be there tomorrow (Friday) through early evening, and Saturday morning until late day. I will not be attending on Sunday, but I will be retrieving the bike at the conclusion of the show @5pm.

Press release below goes live in the morning, and the Cycle World review on Monday. Exciting weekend ahead.

173129E7 58A7 4C47 BB0E BBC699B4B81E

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 16, 2018

GT MOTOCYCLES COMPLETES THE GTM-01 PROTOTYPE THAT INSPIRES THE PRODUCTION CUSTOM GTM-02 SERIES
Malibu California-Based Builder Todd Eagan Creates Performance Moto Guzzis Designed for Passionate Riders

Messing with a legend is taking the bull by the horns. But that’s exactly the challenge accepted by Todd Eagan of GT MotoCycles in building the seriously stripped-down and brutally efficient GTM-01 for attacking apexes and delivering the sort of visceral thrill that unites riders, and respects both the iconic past and a unique place of Moto Guzzi motorcycles in history.

The GTM-01 is the product of Eagan’s million plus miles, countless corners and a long checklist on how to construct the ideal motocycle. Stripping away all but the most essential running gear, wrapping those in a custom Tonti - inspired frame and upgrading the electronics and running gear to modern specifications, the one-of-one GTM01 strikes a purposeful and refined silhouette. Eagan’s background as a pro-racer, committed Guzzifile and aftermarket parts manufacturer informed this stunning thesis that would surely bring a smile to Carlo Guzzi himself.

The in-house built 1380cc big bore high-output Moto Guzzi transverse V-Twin combines state-of-the-art performance into a brutally refined motorcycle. The powerplant and drivetrain at the build’s core is the proven and modern, fuel-injected, Moto Guzzi 4-valve overhead cam transverse v-twin. Embraced by a lightened, narrowed and stiffened hybrid stock / GTM frame, which fuses the legendary Tonti big-block chassis with a modern single-sided (CARC) swingarm and monoshock. Decades of experience on customer builds and designing aftermarket parts, lead to many subtle engineering and aesthetic revisions that stiffen and strengthen the frame, without adding undue bulk. Attention to detail that will be appreciated by riders who enjoy premium products.

“I’ve always appreciated when custom bikes look like they could have come off of the manufacturer’s assembly line. I’m just going to build the bikes that I wish Moto Guzzi was making.” says Mr. Eagan. “Growing up in and around American muscle cars, but being a huge fan of Ferrari and Porsche design & engineering, I imagined a machine of merged worlds... American V8 big block type power in an well built European style chassis. I’m proud of the GTM-01 custom, and excited to continue with the GTM-02 series.”

As it was being built, the GTM-01 inspired enough attention from customers and enthusiasts to create the GTM-02 bespoke production motorcycle series. The first of the complete in-house trellis frame GTM-02 production bikes shares many of the details from the GTM-01 prototype including embracing modern technology. The bikes are packed with premium amenities including keyless ignition via Motogadget’s Bluetooth with m.Ride integration, a wide-beam LED headlight created in partnership with KC® HiLites, minimalist wiring and a unique LED taillight and indicators integrated directly into the frame. GTM-02 frames are currently ready for customer orders.

The singular GTM-01 weighs a feathery 396 lbs. without fuel and feels lighter due to the ultra-low CG, making this one lithe Goose. Experience again proves itself in the form of 140+ horsepower over a broad torque curve. A performance upgraded clutch drives through the 6-speed gearbox via the robust and responsive Moto Guzzi CARC (Cardano Reattivo Compatto) shaft-drive. Proprietary fuel mapping enables riders an undeniable connection with the iconic engine across the rev range, providing smooth and even thrust. Confidence and control in every corner, no matter the speed.

The GTM-01 front end features an ultra-rare Marzocchi 50mm RAC Factory Works fork, with the rear managed by a precision-crafted Matris R Dark monoshock. The GTM-01 rolls on superlight Marchesini forged-aluminum wheels with Dunlop Qualifier Q3+ tires for sure-footing confidence that would tame even the winding roads outside of Mandello Del Lario.

The exhaust is a GTM in house designed and built “X-Fire” system . It maximizes performance without excess weight. The headers intersect in a cross muffler system that is both a balance pipe and structural member, reducing weight and complexity.

“I’m not out to make motorcycle art. GT MotoCycles are built to be ridden. These aren’t for everyone, and that is sort of the point I guess. I’m confident that experienced riders will be smiling after firing it up, and that’s before the real fun begins when you let the clutch out!” says Mr. Eagan.

While only a solitary GTM-01 will be seen carving corners, the subsequent GTM-02 series bespoke production motorcycle is available starting at $20,000 plus the donor motorcycle. Any modern CARC-equipped Moto Guzzi can be used as a donor unit, with the end result carrying the same VIN, so there are no problems in registration in any state. The resulting GTM-02 will be tailored to the the customers desires, budget and the imagination of the GTM team.

“The GTM-02 is the opportunity to work with individual enthusiasts who want an ideal blend of form, function, power, and customization. We can use as many stock components to keep the build cost down, or really dig in and build all the way up to a turnkey supercharged version with top-shelf running gear. Our commitment is to customer service, and building the GTM of their dreams”, says Eagan.

The first GTM-02 series is currently in the raw (unpainted but mechanically complete) and is based on a Moto Guzzi Griso 1200-8V. Unique features include GTM’s proprietary trellis frame, 1380cc supercharged engine with 200+ rwhp, and a long list of top shelf components that will stimulate every riders emotions. The first GTM-02 will certainly be the first of many bespoke custom American / Italian beauties tackling the road unlike any motorcycle built today.

GT MotoCycles is the sister company and custom motorcycle division of GuzziTech LLC, headquartered in Malibu California, with its fabrication shop in Orange, California.

###

More info online at: www.gtmotocycles.com
For photos and press inquires: info@gtmotocycles.com
For sales and marketing inquires: sales@gtmotocycles.com

Last edited:
It’s official... GTM-01 will be on the floor at IMS Long Beach this weekend. It’ll be in the center isle as part of the judged custom build entries. I’ll snap and post some pics once it’s placed on the floor tomorrow am. I'll be there tomorrow (Friday) through early evening, and Saturday morning until late day. I will not be attending on Sunday, but I will be retrieving the bike at the conclusion of the show @5pm.

Press release below goes live in the morning, and the Cycle World review on Monday. Exciting weekend ahead.

View attachment 15949

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 16, 2018

GT MOTOCYCLES COMPLETES THE GTM-01 PROTOTYPE THAT INSPIRES THE PRODUCTION CUSTOM GTM-02 SERIES
Malibu California-Based Builder Todd Eagan Creates Performance Moto Guzzis Designed for Passionate Riders

Messing with a legend is taking the bull by the horns. But that’s exactly the challenge accepted by Todd Eagan of GT MotoCycles in building the seriously stripped-down and brutally efficient GTM-01 for attacking apexes and delivering the sort of visceral thrill that unites riders, and respects both the iconic past and a unique place of Moto Guzzi motorcycles in history.

The GTM-01 is the product of Eagan’s million plus miles, countless corners and a long checklist on how to construct the ideal motocycle. Stripping away all but the most essential running gear, wrapping those in a custom Tonti - inspired frame and upgrading the electronics and running gear to modern specifications, the one-of-one GTM01 strikes a purposeful and refined silhouette. Eagan’s background as a pro-racer, committed Guzzifile and aftermarket parts manufacturer informed this stunning thesis that would surely bring a smile to Carlo Guzzi himself.

The in-house built 1380cc big bore high-output Moto Guzzi transverse V-Twin combines state-of-the-art performance into a brutally refined motorcycle. The powerplant and drivetrain at the build’s core is the proven and modern, fuel-injected, Moto Guzzi 4-valve overhead cam transverse v-twin. Embraced by a lightened, narrowed and stiffened hybrid stock / GTM frame, which fuses the legendary Tonti big-block chassis with a modern single-sided (CARC) swingarm and monoshock. Decades of experience on customer builds and designing aftermarket parts, lead to many subtle engineering and aesthetic revisions that stiffen and strengthen the frame, without adding undue bulk. Attention to detail that will be appreciated by riders who enjoy premium products.

“I’ve always appreciated when custom bikes look like they could have come off of the manufacturer’s assembly line. I’m just going to build the bikes that I wish Moto Guzzi was making.” says Mr. Eagan. “Growing up in and around American muscle cars, but being a huge fan of Ferrari and Porsche design & engineering, I imagined a machine of merged worlds... American V8 big block type power in an well built European style chassis. I’m proud of the GTM-01 custom, and excited to continue with the GTM-02 series.”

As it was being built, the GTM-01 inspired enough attention from customers and enthusiasts to create the GTM-02 bespoke production motorcycle series. The first of the complete in-house trellis frame GTM-02 production bikes shares many of the details from the GTM-01 prototype including embracing modern technology. The bikes are packed with premium amenities including keyless ignition via Motogadget’s Bluetooth with m.Ride integration, a wide-beam LED headlight created in partnership with KC® HiLites, minimalist wiring and a unique LED taillight and indicators integrated directly into the frame. GTM-02 frames are currently ready for customer orders.

The singular GTM-01 weighs a feathery 396 lbs. without fuel and feels lighter due to the ultra-low CG, making this one lithe Goose. Experience again proves itself in the form of 140+ horsepower over a broad torque curve. A performance upgraded clutch drives through the 6-speed gearbox via the robust and responsive Moto Guzzi CARC (Cardano Reattivo Compatto) shaft-drive. Proprietary fuel mapping enables riders an undeniable connection with the iconic engine across the rev range, providing smooth and even thrust. Confidence and control in every corner, no matter the speed.

The GTM-01 front end features an ultra-rare Marzocchi 50mm RAC Factory Works fork, with the rear managed by a precision-crafted Matris R Dark monoshock. The GTM-01 rolls on superlight Marchesini forged-aluminum wheels with Dunlop Qualifier Q3+ tires for sure-footing confidence that would tame even the winding roads outside of Mandello Del Lario.

The exhaust is a GTM in house designed and built “X-Fire” system . It maximizes performance without excess weight. The headers intersect in a cross muffler system that is both a balance pipe and structural member, reducing weight and complexity.

“I’m not out to make motorcycle art. GT MotoCycles are built to be ridden. These aren’t for everyone, and that is sort of the point I guess. I’m confident that experienced riders will be smiling after firing it up, and that’s before the real fun begins when you let the clutch out!” says Mr. Eagan.

While only a solitary GTM-01 will be seen carving corners, the subsequent GTM-02 series bespoke production motorcycle is available starting at $20,000 plus the donor motorcycle. Any modern CARC-equipped Moto Guzzi can be used as a donor unit, with the end result carrying the same VIN, so there are no problems in registration in any state. The resulting GTM-02 will be tailored to the the customers desires, budget and the imagination of the GTM team.

“The GTM-02 is the opportunity to work with individual enthusiasts who want an ideal blend of form, function, power, and customization. We can use as many stock components to keep the build cost down, or really dig in and build all the way up to a turnkey supercharged version with top-shelf running gear. Our commitment is to customer service, and building the GTM of their dreams”, says Eagan.

The first GTM-02 series is currently in the raw (unpainted but mechanically complete) and is based on a Moto Guzzi Griso 1200-8V. Unique features include GTM’s proprietary trellis frame, 1380cc supercharged engine with 200+ rwhp, and a long list of top shelf components that will stimulate every riders emotions. The first GTM-02 will certainly be the first of many bespoke custom American / Italian beauties tackling the road unlike any motorcycle built today.

GT MotoCycles is the sister company and custom motorcycle division of GuzziTech LLC, headquartered in Malibu California, with its fabrication shop in Orange, California.

###

More info online at: www.gtmotocycles.com
For photos and press inquires: info@gtmotocycles.com
For sales and marketing inquires: sales@gtmotocycles.com

What an exciting time. Me and a buddy are riding down tomorrow to come check it out. Will be you be there in the evening?

Awesome Todd. I was just too busy this weekend to get up there. Glad you made it through the fires ok.

Awesome Todd. I was just too busy this weekend to get up there. Glad you made it through the fires ok.
Open today until 5. Thanks on the fires. We were lucky, many friends were not.
I’ll be there the last hour or so to await taking 01 home.

Riders from the Vic forum were heading over so i posted a pic of the 01.
Don't know if any of them stopped by or not.

Todd that bike is freaking awesome!

Back