• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85 TT Info

The V9 Bobber is 440, so I would expect that it will weigh more. Anyone see a fuel capacity spec yet?

It is mentioned 21L somewhere

And honestly, if V85 is lighter than 500lb with "some stuff on" like crashbars & MAYBE top box, then I would be a happy clam...

My biggest "turned off" of Stelvio is always its weight especially I can't handle it too well with my short legs...

Last edited:
most bike weights are stated dry 440 wouldn't be bad you theoretically cold be close to the dorsoduro in performance

I have never once been able to get that website to work

This is google translated, pretty accurate though:

ENGINE
Type V 90 ° transversal twin cylinder, two valves per cylinder (titanium suction).
Air cooling
Displacement 853 cc
Bore and stroke 84 x 77 mm
Compression ratio 10.5: 1
Maximum power 80 hp at 7,750 rpm
80 Nm torque at 5,000 rpm
Power supply Electronic injection; throttle body Ø 52 mm, Ride-by-Wire
Fuel tank capacity 21 liters (reserve 5 liters)
Euro 4 approval
Consumption (WMTC cycle) 4.9 l / 100 km
CO2 emissions (WMTC cycle) 118 g / km

TRANSMISSION
Dry single disc clutch
6-speed gearbox
Value of exchange ratios
1 ^ 16/39 = 1: 2,437
2 ^ 18/32 = 1: 1,778
3 ^ 21/28 = 1: 1,333
4 ^ 24/26 = 1: 1,083
5 ^ 25/24 = 1: 0.960
6 ^ 27/24 = 1: 0.889

CHASSIS
Tubular frame in high resistance steel
Front suspension Hydraulic telescopic fork with upturned stems, Ø 41 mm, adjustable in spring preload and in hydraulics in extension
Front wheel travel 170 mm
Rear suspension Double arm swingarm in boxed aluminum with single right side shock absorber, adjustable in spring preload and in hydraulics in extension
Rear wheel travel 170 mm
Front brake Double floating disc in stainless steel, Ø 320 mm, Brembo calipers with radial attack with 4 opposed pistons
Rear brake Disc in stainless steel, Ø 260 mm, floating caliper with 2 pistons
Spoke wheels
2.50 "x 19" front rim
4.25 "x 17" rear rim
Front tire With 110/80 - R19 "inner tube
Rear tire with inner tube 150/70 - R17 "

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
430 W A / C generator
System voltage 12 V
Battery 12 V - 12 Ah
DIMENSIONS
Seat height 830 mm
Dry weight 208 kg
Weight in running order (with all operating fluids and 90% fuel) 229 kg

I think at 229kgs there looks like plenty of weight to be pulled off for the potential of building it into a nice motard especialy if a gtrx big bore kit comes out!

Seat Height: 830mm...Hoping there is a lower seat option or I will be visiting seat maker really soon :p

MPG: looks like ~48 MPG...means ~260miles...not bad not bad...

Weight: seems to align with what they claim...but will need actual testing by the owner as we all know how optimistic factory sometimes are with their numbers...

Tires: the tube tires are a bit disappointment...for sure...

This is google translated, pretty accurate though:

ENGINE
Type V 90 ° transversal twin cylinder, two valves per cylinder (titanium suction).
Air cooling
Displacement 853 cc
Bore and stroke 84 x 77 mm
Compression ratio 10.5: 1
Maximum power 80 hp at 7,750 rpm
80 Nm torque at 5,000 rpm
Power supply Electronic injection; throttle body Ø 52 mm, Ride-by-Wire
Fuel tank capacity 21 liters (reserve 5 liters)
Euro 4 approval
Consumption (WMTC cycle) 4.9 l / 100 km
CO2 emissions (WMTC cycle) 118 g / km

TRANSMISSION
Dry single disc clutch
6-speed gearbox
Value of exchange ratios
1 ^ 16/39 = 1: 2,437
2 ^ 18/32 = 1: 1,778
3 ^ 21/28 = 1: 1,333
4 ^ 24/26 = 1: 1,083
5 ^ 25/24 = 1: 0.960
6 ^ 27/24 = 1: 0.889

CHASSIS
Tubular frame in high resistance steel
Front suspension Hydraulic telescopic fork with upturned stems, Ø 41 mm, adjustable in spring preload and in hydraulics in extension
Front wheel travel 170 mm
Rear suspension Double arm swingarm in boxed aluminum with single right side shock absorber, adjustable in spring preload and in hydraulics in extension
Rear wheel travel 170 mm
Front brake Double floating disc in stainless steel, Ø 320 mm, Brembo calipers with radial attack with 4 opposed pistons
Rear brake Disc in stainless steel, Ø 260 mm, floating caliper with 2 pistons
Spoke wheels
2.50 "x 19" front rim
4.25 "x 17" rear rim
Front tire With 110/80 - R19 "inner tube
Rear tire with inner tube 150/70 - R17 "

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
430 W A / C generator
System voltage 12 V
Battery 12 V - 12 Ah
DIMENSIONS
Seat height 830 mm
Dry weight 208 kg
Weight in running order (with all operating fluids and 90% fuel) 229 kg

So like 6.6" of travel on both the front and back? Seems a little low compared to the other 800cc advs.

I think at 229kgs there looks like plenty of weight to be pulled off for the potential of building it into a nice motard especialy if a gtrx big bore kit comes out!
Funny stuff. Why would anyone buy a purpose built bike with plans of turning it into something it was not meant to be. The results, at best, would be a compromise, even after sinking big $$$ into the project. Doesn't make sense to me....

Paul

How would anyone make a big bore kit for this engine? Is it not already maxed out in terms of bore (and stroke) being the Guzzi small block?

So like 6.6" of travel on both the front and back? Seems a little low compared to the other 800cc advs.
Same as the Stelvio up front, more than Stella at the back (170 v 155mm). Also, dry weight of 208kg is around the same as the new Tiger 800 XCa. Tubes are a shame, but I lived with them on my old Triumph Scrambler without much fuss. Spoked tubeless would have been nice though :)

Funny stuff. Why would anyone buy a purpose built bike with plans of turning it into something it was not meant to be. The results, at best, would be a compromise, even after sinking big $$$ into the project. Doesn't make sense to me....

Paul
All a hyper motard is is a mid sized adventure bike thats been lightened and has sport tires added therr looks to be a lot of extra weight on this bike if you removed the luggage brackets put on a minimal exhaust gave it a good tune it should be able to give the dorsoduro a good run for its money and maybe even the duc

Back