• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Corbin Seat on A 2016 Eldorado

rcbimmer

Tuned and Synch'ed
Does anyone know if the 1400 California Corbin seat will work on an Eldorado? I really would like a riders backrest. Got used to one on my Victory Cross County Tour. Thanks.

I have a Corbin saddle on my 2016 Eldo but in order to make it work I had to put on a Hepco rack to replace the stock one. My rack has no backrest to accommodate a top box, but Hepco does make one with a backrest. The first attached photo is my Eldo with the Corbin saddle and the backless Hepco rack. The second is a Hepco rack with backrest and a California touring saddle (I don't recommend the MG seat. The Corbin is much better). This is one set up by Moto International in Seattle.
Garwood IMG 20171210 143637 Original 84515 3836 img 0427

Thanks for the pictures. Would go with the Corbin just to get the backrest for myself. Your bike look really good!

FWIW if you plan to fit a Corbin Touring type saddle to your Eldorado then you will need a touring rear seat hand rail,
The Eldo rear seat perch is different and the Corbin/ Factory touring seat wont fit on it.

That said you can also get the Comfort seat for the MGX 21 and put it on the Eldorado,
Its a strait fit, and runs about 159.00

The rear bolster isnt as big but its seat foam is stiffer than the Eldo seat,
and the bolster covering area is covered in Perforated Alcantera type material,
and its embroidered with MOTO GUZZI.
I like this seat BUT I want to try the Corbin.

I am still looking for Corbin touring seat,
I already have the touring handrail I found it on E bay.

I have a Touring handrail that was removed from the bike on purchase as I had the top box and rack fitted. Never thought about selling it but could be tempted if there is any interest.

I see Corbin makes a driver and passenger saddle for the MGX21. I asked them if the driver portion will fit an Eldo. Said they haven’t tested it yet. Sure looks like it will fit.

the 1400 touring seat will fit an Eldo IF..

you replace the rear passenger handle grab bar with the touring version .

NOTE the Eldo grab rail is completely different and the touring seat will not fit

NOTE the MGX 21 comfort/stiffer driver seat will also fit an Eldorado without any mods this seat is about 186.00
NOTE the stock Eldo seat has a bigger rear shoulder bolster and has a softer foam than the MGX 21 comfort saddle,
also the Eldo stocker has stiching that passes under the drivers legs, it wont be long before this stitching is fraying from your legs rubbing on it.
NOTE I have MGX 21 seat on my Eldo the seat fit and latched onto my bike straight our of the box

Ooh liking that, I was looking at the mgx seats with the red stitching (i have a red Eldorado)to keep the seperate seat option. Did you have to modify the fittings at all to take the dual seat.

Ooh liking that, I was looking at the mgx seats with the red stitching (i have a red Eldorado)to keep the seperate seat option. Did you have to modify the fittings at all to take the dual seat.

I had to buy the rear rack from a California to be able to attach the Corbin. I like having the rack it's a great place for my small tail bag.

Did my first trip with the Corbin. Did a 900 mile weekend up to Savannah Ga. The difference in the Corbin with the back rest and heat totally transformed the Eldorado. Best upgrade I did with this bike! IMG 3230

Did my first trip with the Corbin. Did a 900 mile weekend up to Savannah Ga. The difference in the Corbin with the back rest and heat totally transformed the Eldorado. Best upgrade I did with this bike!View attachment 15963
From the various posts I have read it appears that if you do extended mileage and can justify the cost, Corbin appears to be the way to go, although others have commented about it’s lack of waterproofing capabilities. I personally prefer the look of the Eldorado with the two piece seat but as I don’t own one it is purely an opinion.
For other Eldorado owners reading, if the rider backrest is an important factor and you want to retain the stock seat talk to Bob at Utopia.

How does the back rest work as such, is it always there making you more posture correct or do you only feel it when you push back into it?

How does the back rest work as such, is it always there making you more posture correct or do you only feel it when you push back into it?

It keeps my posture correct and I do like leaning back into it to stretch out if needed. I always felt like I was slumping down with the stock seat if I rode more than an hour or so. My BMW K75S came with a no cost option Corbin when I bought her back in 93. Have always liked the Corbin.

Back