• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1999 Moto Guzzi Bassa

Stupid question: is this "pressure adjuster" just a typical fuel regulator? If so, can't I just run a frame mounted version instead of this tank style? That way, I could use any vent/input with a pipe and clamp, like this Ducati... :party: Any suggestions on which fuel regulator might work for my application? Thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7078.PNG
    IMG_7078.PNG
    703.1 KB · Views: 8
Hello there -

Would you know if I would still need the fuel level sensor? The PDF was helpful, but I couldn’t figure out if the thing does anything more than tell you that your fuel is low. I’m hoping it doesn’t send the FI box any vital info. Also, I’ve read that I could run an external fuel regulator if I can set one to the correct psi? I’m thinking about using a vent with a pipe vs the built in mount version.

Thank you!

Thank you. I think I’ll have a nipple made to connect to the stock fuel regulator and run a line into a built in vent. I’ll replace petcocks with manual ones. Next would be pods and a commander to get fuel working. I’d like to run the 2 into 1 system but I don’t know if it will fit the square head models. Can I ask for suggestions here, or am I better off calling the MG shop direct?

Stupid question: is this "pressure adjuster" just a typical fuel regulator? If so, can't I just run a frame mounted version instead of this tank style? That way, I could use any vent/input with a pipe and clamp, like this Ducati... :party: Any suggestions on which fuel regulator might work for my application? Thanks!!!
Yes, one from an earier Guzzi FI system(93-98) or a Ducati that has 3 bar pressure for injectors

I'm probably killing people here by now, but I'm asking anyway. ; )
The whole shorter swing arm thing is something I didn't think about. Besides quicker side to side, what else does this do for the current handling? I imagine I would need the entire swing arm, internals etc if I decided to run this set up. From a T, T-3 or Lemans. Is it worth the work?

That's the one... Any suggestions on air pods?
Good and I can get you K&N pods (I don't recommend UNI foam). I also recommend leaving the snorkels off of the throttle bodies to the air box in place.

As progress goes, I feel pretty confident I'll have this thing rolling by spring. Exhaust ordered, (thanks Todd), tank and seat on the way (Richard of TAB II Classics), brake lines, clip-ons and rear sets are completed. Of course details (like cutting off all the sub frame crap) is still in progress, as well as locating some side covers that will offer a racey look.

Now for suspension. I am running a set of 13 3/8" shocks and was thinking about going to a 13.75 shock to compensate the natural "sag" of the original Bassa. I'd like a straight line across the bike. But I'm also looking into an 18" Sun front and rear (running the ugly tubless set right now) I'm hoping my hubs will work on the new rims... hummmm.

Any thoughts on using taller shocks and a rim with the tubeless hub? I'm concerned about caliper clearance with the spoke going center vs to the edge of the rims...

13.75” shock is OK on ‘98-01. I recommend sliding the forks up 1.0” in the triples as well. Properly set up suspension is paramount.

Your hubs will work but are costly because of the double nipple set up (been there, done that.)
3.5 x 18” front wheel is fine. One I did of my good freind Rich’s EV below. A 3.5 x 17” is good as well (my V7-11 below also).

Contact me direct for better pricing on what you are trying to do.

C21680FF 4FD6 4BFC 898B 2426DDB38936 9EEDC59E 65BE 4F28 B44C C3AC695C5502

Back