• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Corbin Heated Saddle

Longrider

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Famiglia
IMG 3274 IMG 3257 IMG 3256

I recently installed a Corbin saddle – the heated version – on my California 1400 Custom. This is the third saddle I’ve had on this bike. The very comfortable factory Custom saddle was great for me but not my wife. Moto Guzzi’s dual gel Touring-style saddle was comfortable for both of us but we wanted heat in winter. I also had Corbin saddles in the past and really liked them.

So, I think I’m in a good position to answer a few questions:

Comfort? Great! It seems “hard” at first. However, like a Mercedes automobile seat, I can ride ten hours or more without discomfort.

Height? I’m 5’ 7” with a 29” inseam. I can put both feet flat on the ground. At a stop, it feels no different from the factory saddle.

Dimensions compared to factory saddle? I measured both saddles in several key areas. The nose (where it meets the tank) is the same. Overall length is about 0.75” longer (goes almost to the luggage rack). Widest part of the rider portion is 1.5” greater, and does not taper off like the factory saddle (that factory taper means the part you actually sit on is about 4.25” wider at the widest part). The “bucket” of the rider portion is 5” deep on the Corbin versus 2.75” factory. Finally, the widest part of the passenger portion is 2.75” greater than the factory seat (which also has a taper not present on the Corbin). You can see these differences in the attached photos.

Heating system? Warms up quickly. Automatically shuts off after an hour, but you can switch it right back on. Rocker-style switch is on left side of saddle; easy to reach while riding.

Ease of installation? It took about a half hour to wire the heating connection. Corbin did not use Moto Guzzi’s pre-wired factory connection. They say they can’t get the factory connector. Corbin’s generic connection plugs into one of the factory fuse slots, making it impossible to put the cover back on the fuse box. Corbin does provide a fabric “rain cover” but it is very difficult to install because there is almost no clearance around the fuse box. Once I got it wired, the Corbin went on easier than the factory saddle.

Gripes? Corbin’s ordering system can’t tell you shipping cost until you place your order. That is true whether you order on-line or with a human sales rep. You give them your credit card and hope for the best. My shipping to Georgia turned out to be $75.

Would I do it again? Darn right! My wife and I both love it.

Joseph

Could you post some more pics of your bike? I've never seen a gray custom fully equipped for Touring with both saddlebags and top box :)

I too have a Corbin saddle. To tell the truth, when I first got it, it was about as comfortable as straddling a block of concrete. Break-in was listed as 200 miles. Well for me at least, it was more like 1200 miles, however now it is as Longrider state's "comfortable as a Mercedes, " which I also have, so the analogy is spot on.

IMG1111sm

IMG1109sm

What's the loop on the top of the seat for? Would look a lot better without it. If I recall correctly, there's one on the back of the seat as well, correct?

What I believe you are referring to is the flap covering the access hole for backrests. This is an option. Notice my saddle does not have that feature.

What I believe you are referring to is the flap covering the access hole for backrests. This is an option. Notice my saddle does not have that feature.
That is what it is. Some Corbin seats have the backrest option for both front and rear, but their Cal 1400 seat only offers it on the front.

Does anybody know if the Corbin seat will fit the Audace? I had hoped that the solo seat that Corbin makes for the MGX-21 would fit but I took my bike to my dealer and tried to fit the stock MGX-21 seat onto my bike and found that the front of the MGX-21 seat was much narrower and so wound not fit. I did not get a chance to try to fit a seat from a Cali-Touring. Shame about the MGX-21 seat, that Corbin solo seat would have been cool.

Does anybody know if the Corbin seat will fit the Audace? I had hoped that the solo seat that Corbin makes for the MGX-21 would fit but I took my bike to my dealer and tried to fit the stock MGX-21 seat onto my bike and found that the front of the MGX-21 seat was much narrower and so wound not fit. I did not get a chance to try to fit a seat from a Cali-Touring. Shame about the MGX-21 seat, that Corbin solo seat would have been cool.

I too would be very interested to know this. I can last about 90 minutes on my Audace before my butt is numb/in pain.

If someone has a corbin seat for sale, for my 1400 touring, I could be interested .
Thanks in advance
Vizir

I've just ordered a Corbin, how does the leather on the seating areas stand up in the rain? Does it need to be covered and if does get wet does it take a while to dry out. Cheers, John.

Back