• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85 TT Info

I'm pretty tapped into the press here, so I'm sure I'll know the minute one lands for testing. Don't get too excited on 80 hp. That would be at the crankshaft, so if we see 65 rwhp, I'll be quite impressed. The V9 (same engine mostly) makes 55 rwhp.

Todd,

Why do you think they did away with the CARC final on the v85 machine?Outside of swingarm movement and/or clearances it doesn't make sense to me. Weight savings pehaps... It's not a single sided swingarm but yet shock is set on one side.....????
Don't get me wrong, I trust the engineering of the brand, (particularly who's in charge of it) but wow. Love my CARC and its rattles, knocking, and clunking. But feels so buttery in its shifting 1st thru 6th under serious throttle. The rear wheel just feels so planted .....

Anyway, just really interested in this bike. It's got Moab and Fruita trip written all over it. Rocky's revisit perhaps......

Last edited:
Why do you think they did away with the CARC final on the v85 machine?
Cost. That and the small block motor just had the revised swingarm for the V9 wider rim and tire, so they need to ride out that ROI (I guess). Nothing from the big block motor would easily transfer over.
I was wondering more if the Stelvio rims could be laced to the V85 hubs.
That would be the cost call of Alpina... but again, price wins I imagine. I expected cast wheels based on conversations with Galluzzi. He said that the cost of cast was impressively affordable, as witnessed with retail wheel pricing.

Thanks for posting. Funny, another laughable video to me (and 5 minutes long?!). I imagine they scrapped the bike after this shoot as Guzzis aren't very waterproof as we all know.
This ones over the top, but better to build excitement on what one can do with a new machine; https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp4voqGAIHX/
Todd,
Not to mention the salt water beach cruise is a pleasant way to finish the day but come morning......"Holy total corrosion lock ups batman".....Salt water will eat any sealed bearings/sealed electronics known to man. Even with a bath in ACF-50. LOL

The bike is so badass though, gonna get me one of those 2 wheeled off road, tractor motor having moto-cycles..

^ totally that...I basically slotting myself 20K CND before I can even considering getting the bike home...since I DO want center stand & crash bar...oh fun..

And insurance is a WHOLE other story...*curseatICBC*...

Well, remember there is still the Stelvio NTX out there selling for $17k CAD and less. Not sure how MG could market smaller bike fo higher price. I bought the Stelvio in 2012 for $15k which then looked like tremendous deal compared to anything else in the same league.

Well, remember there is still the Stelvio NTX out there selling for $17k CAD and less. Not sure how MG could market smaller bike fo higher price. I bought the Stelvio in 2012 for $15k which then looked like tremendous deal compared to anything else in the same league.

The issues is the price for say Stelvio NTX is already at a discounted price after moving from dealership to dealership...Its a great bike but just not wanted/known to the public.

My V7 has moved to two different dealerships (now all closed down) before my friend's friend bought it and passed onto my friend (who has a racer) and now to me...(that is a mouthful)...This makes me the true 5th owner of the bike.

By the time it got to me, it only has 76 KM!...yes you read it right...and I was able to get it for less than 7K Canadian (tax and paperwork in) for literally a brand new bike.

So you say how MG survive with this kind of things going around?...I seriously don't know and I seriously blame the lack of (knowledgeable) dealers around...

My local Guzzi dealer is also a triumph/husky dealer...You will see 50 ads/promotions on their triumph bikes such as the new scram1200 before they will even promote a Guzzi unless it is on a huge discount.

The issues is the price for say Stelvio NTX is already at a discounted price after moving from dealership to dealership...Its a great bike but just not wanted/known to the public.

My V7 has moved to two different dealerships (now all closed down) before my friend's friend bought it and passed onto my friend (who has a racer) and now to me...(that is a mouthful)...This makes me the true 5th owner of the bike.

By the time it got to me, it only has 76 KM!...yes you read it right...and I was able to get it for less than 7K Canadian (tax and paperwork in) for literally a brand new bike.

So you say how MG survive with this kind of things going around?...I seriously don't know and I seriously blame the lack of (knowledgeable) dealers around...

My local Guzzi dealer is also a triumph/husky dealer...You will see 50 ads/promotions on their triumph bikes such as the new scram1200 before they will even promote a Guzzi unless it is on a huge discount.

I have a unique fondness to my machine. It is in fact an extension of myself in regards to how connected I am to the capabilities and handling characteristics of my 1200 8v. From the soft rumble of the 3rd and up gear at 3000- 3400rpm. The total lack of torque in only that particular range is in a way like taking a break from things. But at just a quick down movement into #2 my "tractor motor" can leap forward, without good grip and leave my ass on the ground with a slight crack of the throttle. Will the V85 have that kinda phantom torque at 850cc's? Probably not....well we know so.....but out on a single track trail in the woods do you need it? Do you want it? I'm just dying to find a machine that has dual capabilities on and off road. The V85 may be that other machine that I can connect with. Just can't wait to test her out and see if its hype or real Guzzi talk.....

I have a unique fondness to my machine. It is in fact an extension of myself in regards to how connected I am to the capabilities and handling characteristics of my 1200 8v. From the soft rumble of the 3rd and up gear at 3000- 3400rpm. The total lack of torque in only that particular range is in a way like taking a break from things. But at just a quick down movement into #2 my "tractor motor" can leap forward, without good grip and leave my ass on the ground with a slight crack of the throttle. Will the V85 have that kinda phantom torque at 850cc's? Probably not....well we know so.....but out on a single track trail in the woods do you need it? Do you want it? I'm just dying to find a machine that has dual capabilities on and off road. The V85 may be that other machine that I can connect with. Just can't wait to test her out and see if its hype or real Guzzi talk.....

I have 3 concerns with the v85tt:

1) Will the suspension be abysmal and need major work. This seems to be a guzzi signature unfortunately.
2) Will the dash/screen be bad in the sunlight? I think someone mentioned it's from an aprilia so maybe people already know, but on the BMWs it definitely felt in the right light I'd be losing the screen - many reviews for similar screens have said it was a problem.
3) Will the engine feel anemic and lack the power for travel or high speed take overs.

From the soft rumble of the 3rd and up gear at 3000- 3400rpm. The total lack of torque in only that particular range is in a way like taking a break from things.

Sorry about going off topic but I would like to comment on this.

If I am understanding your post correctly then I would suggest that you run your Grizz at higher RPM's.
My "normal" is 5000 rpm & if I am playing then it is just under 6000.
4000 is the minimum for me, under that it feels like it is lugging.

I would never run 3rd in the 3000/3400 range.
For me that is 1st/2nd gear in traffic riding.

I have the PCV-AT with Todds mapping & there is no lack of torque from off idle to red line.

Sorry about going off topic but I would like to comment on this.

If I am understanding your post correctly then I would suggest that you run your Grizz at higher RPM's.
My "normal" is 5000 rpm & if I am playing then it is just under 6000.
4000 is the minimum for me, under that it feels like it is lugging.

I would never run 3rd in the 3000/3400 range.
For me that is 1st/2nd gear in traffic riding.

I have the PCV-AT with Todds mapping & there is no lack of torque from off idle to red line.
Yeh it sounds strange. But I deal with strange speed zones on the islands in which I work. 20mph 25mph 30mph and 35mph(highly enforced). The islands of Marco and Captiva for example. Used to be that annoying slop before changing out original factory silent block that forced me to run at the higher rpm/gear. Now its solid low or high. I was just stating where the torque was at and where it wasn't in the particular gears. And what to expect with the 850 motor in regards to its ratios and trail effectiveness. An 850cc is a lot of motor on two wheels for dancing the bike on a tight dirt trail particularly, if its torqued for the street ride to and from the trail itself.

Wow. You work in one of my favorite places, but if I lived there I have to say I’d be looking for something water cooled! Or maybe a scooter :)

Wow. You work in one of my favorite places, but if I lived there I have to say I’d be looking for something water cooled! Or maybe a scooter :)
Yeh blessed place to work for sure but live 50 miles, give or take from each island. She does just fine here to there. And it loves running hot for sure. I read somewhere someone ran one at idle for 11hours straight. Not a drop of leakage or warp. That's just sick sick engineering..... and a forgetful lucky owner......gooday!

I have 3 concerns with the v85tt:

1) Will the suspension be abysmal and need major work. This seems to be a guzzi signature unfortunately.
2) Will the dash/screen be bad in the sunlight? I think someone mentioned it's from an aprilia so maybe people already know, but on the BMWs it definitely felt in the right light I'd be losing the screen - many reviews for similar screens have said it was a problem.
3) Will the engine feel anemic and lack the power for travel or high speed take overs.

I agree with your concerns #1 and #2.
From my experience with Todd's 820-4V engine in my V7R, my guess is that #3 is not a worry for the V85 TT - unless the bike is exceptionally heavy.

I agree with your concerns #1 and #2.
From my experience with Todd's 820-4V engine in my V7R, my guess is that #3 is not a worry for the V85 TT - unless the bike is exceptionally heavy.

On point 3, my understanding is that the v85tt engine is basically maxed out as far as it can go with the exception of an exhaust and tune tweak. I'm not a great rider so I don't need anything insane, but I'd love the bike to have some legs for easy traveling to and from the trail/camp location. The V7 is great and I love her, but really don't like traveling far distances with the bike on California highways where 80mph is pretty realistic to stay with traffic.

Did you see the Hepco and Becker Legacy bags that Todd sells? They look pretty similar to these.
I have the "medium" size mounted to my V7R ~ They're actually relatively small. Perfect for 2-3 days!
The "large" are probably closer in size (or at least closer in scale, bike:bag) to the packs shown on Adam's Griso.
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7iii-anniversario-luggage.17592/#post-144042

Oh that's great. I've looked at them a few times. Are those the C-Bow or whatever they're called? I have the Moto Guzzi Rack and been wondering if I should just sell that and get these instead.

Converting spoke rims to tubeless is very easy and in my experience quite reliable. I used an OUTEX kit but many use the 3m sealing tape or a tube of 3m 5200

Used 3M 4412 to go tubeless on my V7. Made the drywall screw I picked up a non-issue.

Regarding power on the V85, I rode the TAT from KS to OR on a Himalayan. Didn’t break any records but didn’t miss the Multi either. Look forward to taking the Guzzi for a spin once they hit the dealer.

Back