• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Confirmed fitting aftermarket headlight bucket?

archercc

Cruisin' Guzzisti
So I was running a rivera primo headlight in my stock bucket with a bracket I made. Unfortunately not being properly supported by the shitty plastic bucket the vibrations eventually broke a portion of my bracket. So now I am stuck back on the halogen.

I figured/hoped I could just find a side-mount 7" lens housing that is using the standard that everyone else uses that Guzzi apparently thought they new better than but I am struggling to find one that fits right. Sometimes too deep but almost always too wide to fit in the mounting bracket. Most just have the holes in the side of the housing but the stock one the mating surface is set in slightly so everything ends up being about 1/4" too wide.

If someone has put an aftermarket bucket on their Griso successfully Id love to know what brand/source of bucket you have. Just looking one that has the 3 tab receiving ring, like Harley/Triumph/Everyone else uses.

Here is a bucket/light combo that all you need is a couple spacers. It's pricey but it works.

kosonorthamerica.com/shop/motorcycle-mx/thunderbolt-led-headlight/

Don't know if it's been mentioned here or what.

So for the sake of anyone else this is what I ended up with.

I already had the Rivera Primo 7" headlight, I bought it on the recommendation of a buddy running it on his RNineT. But really any 7" LED drop-in for Harley, Triumph, Ducati, etc. Basically anyone who uses that metal round headlight bucket.

Tried a bunch of those side-mount housings but most didnt work because the spacing for the bolts was too wide, guzzi even went non-standard with that. It does sit a BIT farther back than stock but nothing like what I saw in the self-contained units. If it werent for the flyscreen you wouldnt even know. Certainly not enough to bother me

The motodemic "low profile" one did work though, although barely, Its about a MM too wide but you can muscle it in.
motodemic.com/shop/low-profile-headlight-bucket/

Its low profile enough to have plenty of room behind but it does it at the cost of housing the plug itself, so just make sure whatever you put in it is weatherproof. Its an open back. On the plus side the shape of the back is largely flat so there is a LOT of extra space in there. I was able to preserve the factory wiring the whole way. Just disassembled the turn signals and use the male spades on the end to connect to female spades I hooked up to the LEDs and resistors and I even used the factory wiring loom from inside the headlight, just unclipped it from the headlight, plugged it in and put the H4 plug directly into my LED. Then crammed ALL of that inside the headlight housing, plenty of room.

I need to find a better looking screw to hold the flyscreen in place and Im gonna cram a ton of dielectric in those plugs to make sure I dont get any funny business since I ride year round. Probably supplement the turns with some bar ends too. They are bright but I question their effectiveness so close to the headlight.

So glad to have that headlight back in. Its as bright as like the brightest spot from the stock one but across an entire 120 degree range. And a really sharp cutoff.

So for the sake of anyone else this is what I ended up with.

I already had the Rivera Primo 7" headlight, I bought it on the recommendation of a buddy running it on his RNineT. But really any 7" LED drop-in for Harley, Triumph, Ducati, etc. Basically anyone who uses that metal round headlight bucket.

Tried a bunch of those side-mount housings but most didnt work because the spacing for the bolts was too wide, guzzi even went non-standard with that. It does sit a BIT farther back than stock but nothing like what I saw in the self-contained units. If it werent for the flyscreen you wouldnt even know. Certainly not enough to bother me

The motodemic "low profile" one did work though, although barely, Its about a MM too wide but you can muscle it in.
motodemic.com/shop/low-profile-headlight-bucket/

Its low profile enough to have plenty of room behind but it does it at the cost of housing the plug itself, so just make sure whatever you put in it is weatherproof. Its an open back. On the plus side the shape of the back is largely flat so there is a LOT of extra space in there. I was able to preserve the factory wiring the whole way. Just disassembled the turn signals and use the male spades on the end to connect to female spades I hooked up to the LEDs and resistors and I even used the factory wiring loom from inside the headlight, just unclipped it from the headlight, plugged it in and put the H4 plug directly into my LED. Then crammed ALL of that inside the headlight housing, plenty of room.

I need to find a better looking screw to hold the flyscreen in place and Im gonna cram a ton of dielectric in those plugs to make sure I dont get any funny business since I ride year round. Probably supplement the turns with some bar ends too. They are bright but I question their effectiveness so close to the headlight.

41DZeqIOozGfpGKgdwv98rPZy8Fnnt_kUGp4osTe06EdoAQj13V674QmFaNY_G7qjxP-TMr-ZtdhSFE_t5ahZlIH_S9OKCY5fPzqLdJqNW2S5BhyO2W7JScMKVGveEb3EPBRAR9782jPHLubf9VbTzYmJ7Kdz9DiktCzDhLeBzXevuOcAjSW0JqPlf0NjvFUjpIoLz9UHVDqCeaGkdI0B0Alk3Ujq5k6FXzAfcgdkpJrz6aLQcQYtW3vZZ5JV2mblcZCR46dBJ5acUn2h3sn1dvDhB0aieERy8QTd_PJ3PFb27Zgx0ToMlPNwK0WxzPmqRelLshBuT7Z28Kzh0iiUtR_cY2Y6FKrx7d-WBfwr5Ahd8XUpXGjWS4rc5XC2pdeuwGIPulEPcWfFaA8BgpFOtA7Iu4VdksOyqflmVZ_BXUx59hz3flzvnuE00-hSWB8XKwexz2PTv__2Kh6o6jO8pUVf0aWL24Gi6ItPc7_rJfzlxGn4gDAhgCTJmIsZlUU5cAcoixYPeZ2BfBT_741i7U-eXrMgeHqjOXosipVd-kKZScpH7JbZAFlDDj3dJnkq09O0s0_08LbcBMYK9U1IPQ7sRsPZkrS1fmDa8kuNz4VunZ5EGwFEet5cHxBkOnTLvnaBS8IHc9dEOtJw-lM8l6wEg=w756-h600-no

wrWvibYPMjGdp8vCTtJvGM9F_JV8CCLzVphLKIEfZMRdAnEWPqxaVi_5Q4rP1q7wnM_7uliwnL40mMRQcf2umV7mRtvjYiHk0W2nchW4sX3WPlpxmkN41zM8wwBod6W2s8i0D83eTNxRbUOjBXG4H3yEypfdlkfSBt9GSejhq35Dmukx3Pd2Y2-1wRl6vQxtgKP1KTKX7jWxwnsBWpsZ9ZQru1gl2hdsRryhgOmcrJhqqKifa2bJuUtm_5K4oOnkLt5iOdGK6SGY5zU-9wyWblyufB2V_eAZIu2a7DfxBnAWBcuvyAGsYQdQNmR5kqu8OvSNAa_S5OnKl3P7LnUxshUsF0tnNeI5fzEoCQ3zq0FOaOHaedK1uu6KLfxj_k4gqSaPKzNPrIDkZ7xA6Hgvxm-L8n69_oTft1rxsjl5BPHxVscunzyJIoZ3ufbxmAzMnoTZAuyIhEc1lCKjoXgHpoe9GGFZy7nnHp6rV7SgS2vFWhpbrK9XlupIUOXCuM1ufozga1pdZMTd93D9lN2bvsoOT4BVWE_dfSUS5DoiZ5TAwqb6N1NDIrLT_H898Hsjc7sxnXxTa31sD-WzVBkq_1o1uBXNlQR_zOigGTYl6YH4X0ac93e5LYR_L4B48zHxDyLaeSzA5njzKWLcihbTo_WRAw=w915-h686-no

a7oyXWOexnF9K17Pz1ZezJCOwc1SFCb8RxtfUFpifCm9kzY8GovbAukmCx1Cl0W4EiXD6qtr-z38v3PKWa6_g1hb3mvcjRDUPEHm_k6Ui3NwMKINCA3ywoK41nJtDjZtwJbVpWKoJieM5SLkSiWuZQ72dx2LyRplLl2Gzf4-QINgZNeSi5ZEtEUPFauxtoBWYayBBuaFYJEjNpcKdjZeVnaezg0QQPSH1xIDPmvvDWWRkffkh3Jk-9-z10NVHz2C-yVZUUmKcYt3S68Or0tCDxzDKQs72tiz0QL4FGQs-BwgwQdg9OGDAVSuW2o4TcDJsQAjO4uYWIJTqcKrYaiaZQbxdSyYruO_VO98Iog_3ktTC7l9WEbhgXw5ucp3XrSnV1O2ypmRGryvn2vv1ThUdyysKKWxN9-8yvu6hg9We6Xygf4PWb1YrIhOnwk7h6OcMQvgPa0eumhiGPybuRh-ggCunzCqdsljOvYOMRm_cHXEeinoa3qRYn6fcMsn5ezWlQQ11xJmtvtSynFfQ4wTVmjcHK4hNuMZ9CsdomjdLYR0pkyxMFNFzTnPhw1E-O8PLixw-mj4VJOOEjhrJkXGT__sCxFfeBixvEqNAx2t9Qc5RQQ1KGCgw3CHcrde6aRymTQzo4iQNZxScw5upnVqr2M8dw=w915-h686-no

AaRzNNugKbco1f926KBLhvGDCSc9ZuL2f6iyrpqSoq3bpj_ULKWm_QNjbsPwnlL0v8Oygi_Byq5HTmZJuLiuHxE_L1iM-5HAa23pXKCpsGoWKDae-jS6yk533ssv1F2OKmIoGUKJylYwwZy7adjXZ7sl_GKW9CqwBc7yQVIa6FN9whEx4Fu4hpufnz0-pkDWzLOeqws0HDdWC0o5TtnGRYChY4f3VcbHSqlfUDPe8h9HRw0A4taaQkOJBU993NjTYAYgqxDTcUefIYZ1phUpCK5rOeAGiMORUfKi1zGrez0RYXMzHPZpVjk_yKcWzXL34FY-yHvnBue9Vcam8ZalIjqZ_4bdc-xoePNVAmXxbxlx2K4EkUjg102WUSlISyUmlRBnOJaimEfTDtUgBUo9tELi7fqXSMrcT05LKizkngOHLp3ykKMD_Kq3yb7M2XK1mPK6YWoht_Ym6augmKWDjt1Hfou-zkkpeXGbRjCIyyo6Utmu8u5soPHDhHSL1AET8XoCGG9LU2nbZON1LPJS1hyLVMiio1dkjLGjIvN6fBha_siFhs2Negpnqay_GfnbVs6lMFydxPfz1KitksRqFiDTMHA7Q_r_3_KVI7S5lhKiaZGwMhC_IavtAdoSMyE9nnrn0K6UyFf4svXRjfAvj43eMA=w515-h686-no

hzjGrsUvFXzDiP1KkSyg7D9bF2wixjbLutoas1POt51CU9MWe2hQMluOyZgDnGIPeIpxVroKrPM-jWLAioBfHDQnOyJ5eqZbID9XysbWcQW664y3xhhhb1ITvbbDhCQIlDFKI5tHE70886pbu2uQ8GbABcVhIfn2Mi6q9yECLvFHc7Fhf2lQXd57EppUDAnkujxWvXYcK-EUCKpmPDd0HKPP9_vnXF--aYQTZ0erY6jgV_853BW7HPQs_sMb8tkEFjFt02JdKtlSpMDM8x3fB6gpwHzE3ULJ5dgjY_GYHyMv4c-RPdtVyTC2ctj8lBuuoyAOijVHWr8BMKR8H9zmOZe2tkvry-r3n0q0bP5knbIiZA0OnSQiQrsoD0hLvYn1s1tNzwQR44SvBeHQ8jEgszm1HFqmsK1BlWNysyG1L_3VRFXbQxHYRlmuc0-o9R0kDu3ODzsmrVWDZ2EOXQMxPHREeeTpYIkhxZVxmxuozTnFvwHXdE_syB6cTxnOk8vdJyeQ585gpd3-uGZMxrYDk74e0SiwR8W3v9tnu3n-ZF6iw06kklN7fd1zyOLIrGAfYtEnMUX7zZsUWfiwBUsydSaEMsz465CIz9zn-8gK3rXugFhVD_rkjmX6X0sV8497fOB92U9yRyxR_-Qx4s6H1Vz1gA=w515-h686-no

So glad to have that headlight back in. Its as bright as like the brightest spot from the stock one but across an entire 120 degree range. And a really sharp cutoff.

I avoid all of those issues by not riding at night. :giggle:

Seriously, the OEM bucket is a bean counter's dream: an initial POS that co$t$ lot$ to replace. :swear:

Mine went south went I installed the (OEM; hmmmmm) w/s. Let's just say the fit was not up to a Third World space program specs. :banghead:

Anyway, gave that w/s away, bit the stick and bought a new stock bucket, installed the Dart as you have -- which fit perfectly -- and all is well.

I do try to avoid riding at night and the shorter days in winter, temps, and road treatments up here at the top of Virginia do make riding year 'round problematic ... and (almost) make miss living in Atlanta.;)

Love the roads up here, but 12-month riding? Not.

Bill

Is anyone aware of a reasonably-priced and -working LED headlight insert (preferably with an e-mark) that fits into a Griso stock bucket without the need for custom brackets and such?

Is anyone aware of a reasonably-priced and -working LED headlight insert (preferably with an e-mark) that fits into a Griso stock bucket without the need for custom brackets and such?
Nope. Because Guzzi decided to reinvent the wheel when making the housing and its like nothing anyone else uses. Everyone makes their LED conversions for the industry standard 7" headlight housing used by literally EVERYONE else. Thats really the whole point of this thread. For the past couple of years I was looking for a real upgrade (beyond just a poorly engineered LED in the wrong type of lens). I couldnt find anything that would go in the stock setup.

So your choice is one of those self-contained units that just hang out there visible or to get a replacement housing that converts the guzzi back to a standard you can use, then you can buy anyones LED unit.

Back