• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Audace LED headlamp

The Audace uses the same headlight bucket as the V7. None of them are "drop in" - meaning they will need some modification (like trimming or tabs made) to make them fit and stay in. That said, it can be done but is not easy.

As long as it's possible, that's all I need. I've got duct tape to fill in the rest!
I read somewhere that that headlight bucket will fit the Eldorado/California mounts. Time to order one and try it out.

Interesting thread. I was looking at swapping Audace headlight for the California wide one, just like how it looks and mount spacing looks the same. If it a plug and play thing then that would be gravy.

Interesting thread. I was looking at swapping Audace headlight for the California wide one, just like how it looks and mount spacing looks the same. If it a plug and play thing then that would be gravy.
I'm pretty positive it is. I might know of a used 1400 headlight for you. Ping me direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Looks aside, you don't want to actually have to USE a California 1400 headlight. I have yet to get both low and high beams where I want them when on. One or the other is always too high or low. Hence my interest in something other than stock when bulb replacement time rolls around... ;-)

Just so you know, I was not able to install a H4-HLV4-1 LED headlight bulb which I ordered from superbirghtleds.com. They said this was a compatible bulb, but the Audace's headlamp housing lacks the depth required for this bulb and circuitry.

I did it.
J.w. speaker 8790 adaptive led headlight. Fitted perfectly, just needed some old school clamps to tighten it on the inner side of the chrome ring.
Wiring wasn't difficult either. I didn't get an error code and its been working fine for 1000 km +.

LED make such a big difference.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1546454110616.jpg
    FB_IMG_1546454110616.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 146
  • FB_IMG_1546454461750.jpg
    FB_IMG_1546454461750.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 142
  • FB_IMG_1546454455633.jpg
    FB_IMG_1546454455633.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 138
I did it.
J.w. speaker 8790 adaptive led headlight. Fitted perfectly, just needed some old school clamps to tighten it on the inner side of the chrome ring.
Wiring wasn't difficult either. I didn't get an error code and its been working fine for 1000 km +.

LED make such a big difference.

Can you tell me, or post a photo of the clamps that you used?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi mike

I'm not sure wether it was the right word for it. Maybe my 1:1 german to english translation was wrong.

I ment those 4 little things, inside the red circle.

Attachments

• PhotoEditor_20190130_150323715.jpg
    PhotoEditor_20190130_150323715.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 96
thanks, I just saw that kit on another site yesterday. I think that I am going to install that

Important: there are only 2 things out of this which can be used: the clamps and the wiring. The rest isn't needed or doesn't fit, since the audace shares the headlight with the v7iii, not the v7ii.:D

Cheaper would be to find the clamps seperately and do the wiring yourself.

I saw there are denali led headlights aswell. As i said, i went for the j w. Speaker with adaptive lights for curves, and it's fantastic.
Can't say anything about denali, i think they're not certified for europe. At least i can't find them here.

Last edited:
Important: there are only 2 things out of this which can be used: the clamps and the wiring. The rest isn't needed or doesn't fit, since the audace shares the headlight with the v7iii, not the v7ii.:D

Cheaper would be to find the clamps seperately and do the wiring yourself.

I saw there are denali led headlights aswell. As i said, i went for the j w. Speaker with adaptive lights for curves, and it's fantastic.

Can't say anything about denali, i think they're not certified for europe. At least i can't find them here.

Thanks again,

excellent information. I have looked at the denali lights also, but I really like the adaptive feature of the j w speaker light. it's a bit pricey but I think it looks to be worth it. I am glad to hear that you like it after having used it.

So I went a completely different route than originally planned. Dual 7 inch leds with switchback halos built in. I eliminated all of the headlamp and turn signal brackets along with the fork shrouds. I'm very happy with the look and nighttime performance. I do 50% of my riding before sunrise and much of it is rural.

20190614 133955 20190703 065423 20190703 071441

Looks freaky. Kinda weird, kinda cool. I had the thought of mounting the v85tt headlights on the audace. Fat bob style.

Back