• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2017 V7III Stone won't start

stevenmara

Just got it firing!
Hey guys,
So I usually ride my bike almost every day, it has around 3400 miles on it. Don't think I rode it the last day or two.

Went to start it today, and it tried to fire up, but then just started clicking. Now all it will do is click.
Tried to bump start it too, and got nothing.

Any ideas?

Replace the battery. That is solenoid click caused by low current available. Also doing the starter relay mod may help in the future.

Replace the battery. That is solenoid click caused by low current available. Also doing the starter relay mod may help in the future.
Thank you!!

I jump started it with a battery pack.

Any particular battery you recommend? And is it strange for the battery to die after only owning the bike for a year?

Is this the starter relay mod?
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/modern-no-start-issue-solution.4908/
And what is the point of the mod? (Sorry I'm pretty clueless)

For the battery, just get one the same size, amperage and polarity. Todd has some pretty good batteries in the store that should out last any lead acid battery. If your battery wasn't properly prepared, then failing at a year of service wouldn't be a surprise. If you go with a lead acid battery, be sure it is activated properly. That is acid installed, then allowed to sit for at least 3 hours before it is charged.

The starter relay modification provides sufficient voltage to engage the solenoid. You have that, but the battery was to weak to hold it in. The link you have is the one for the starter mod. If you can get the harness from MPH it makes it easier.

I don't think the feed for the starter is supplied via the ignition switch. It appears to be feed directly by a fuse. (Fuse C).

You are correct Dave, the relay mod isn't needed on the V7III. I had not looked at that schematic before now. Finally Guzzi stopped putting too much through the ignition switch.

Also try to charge it, battery is not necessarily doomed. My 2017 V7II Stornello got exactly like that during first winter. I just charged it (w a good charger) and works fine since then. I'll probably charge it before spring start up just for the sake of it. Stock battery.

Also try to charge it, battery is not necessarily doomed. My 2017 V7II Stornello got exactly like that during first winter. I just charged it (w a good charger) and works fine since then. I'll probably charge it before spring start up just for the sake of it. Stock battery.
Ok I'll try that too, thanks

Back