• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 11 - Norge 12 & 1200 Sport Registry and picture thread

Congrats and welcome.

Just back from riding mine two-up (and heavily loaded with distaff hair supplies, etc! :giggle:) to W.V. Guzzi rally at Pipestem. What a wonderful machine.

i-ftfDj7m-L.jpg

What is build date of your Norge? Mileage?

Mine suffered -- as did quite a few built c.Nov. '06 - c,Mar. '07 -- from defective oil pumps that led to na$ty results.

Yours is not necessarily affected, but be aware. If outside build date or high mileage -- mine and others seemed to have the problem c.20K -- likely no concern.

Another niggle with '07 Norges was soft spring on OEM shock, at least for folks who aren't built like thoroughbred jockeys or who carry sweeties who bring along their closets. :makeup:;)

Best,

Bill

Last edited:
In Sept 2018 I bought a silver 2007 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 USA (2-valve) with 36,600 miles on it.
VIN: ZGULPU0017M112211
In this photo I have removed the bags and some of the excess body plastic. Less is more...

Attachments

• 20181005_Guzzi_Girl_m.jpg
    20181005_Guzzi_Girl_m.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 11
Hello, everyone. I didn't find an introduction thread, so I figured this is as good a spot as any. Traded my 07 Victory Hammer (cuz it didn't like to corner) for a 2011 Triumph Sprint GT.
Traded the Sprint (uncomfortable) for my 2007 MG Norge 1200.
I love riding this bike. I love looking at this bike. I love the sound of this bike.
I've been lurking around since I got it, so I figured I make it proper.
Great Site!
Thanks Rob, and as Bill says above, welcome to the GT & Guzzi Famiglia. I combined your post with this thread is hopes that you'll add a photo or two of your Norge, and the VIN# and related info for the first post of this thread. Post often, and enjoy.

Rob M - 2007 Norge 2V - Purchased July 2018.
VIN: ZGULPU0007M112782
Bought in CT, lives in NY.
In Sept 2018 I bought a silver 2007 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 USA (2-valve) with 36,600 miles on it. VIN: ZGULPU0017M112211 In this photo I have removed the bags and some of the excess body plastic. Less is more...
Thanks guys. If you can post the original owner's name and city, always fun to have.

Yes, Thanks for the warm welcome. I see you've also found my *registration* post. I don't remember the build date off the top of my head, but as I say I've been lurking a bit. I believe IIRC I'm outside the oil pump issue window, I certainly hope so. My bike has just over 13k miles on it. Let me tell you that I'm glad I have an arsenal of wierdo tools, cuz checking the oil without long needlenose pliers would be a chore.

I have to fix a bit of ugly on the chin spoiler (found the paint code on this site), and do plugs/LOF/valve adjust before putting it to bed for winter, but I feel this is the bike I've been needing. I will have it for a while.

My other bike is an old 84 Honda Nighthawk 650 rebuilt from fire damage. Runs/looks great.

Rob

*edit* I don't know the original owner's info. AFAIK I am the third owner.

Last edited:
Hi guy's like to add my M/G Breva 1200 to the list.
DOP 20/12/2018
VIN: "ZGULSE032AM111297
Built: 4/2008. Colour: Silver

This is my first M/G and I believe the 3rd older guy to owner this bike ( I'm 60 :D:D ).

Came fitted with a small Puig fairing & handle bar risers. Also STD & Mistral mufflers and centre stand ( not fitted )

Items in the post: Hepco & Becker Side racks / 30 lt Junior cases & Engine guard. Also a Rear suspension lowering link .

Gary Taylor
Tyrendarra. Victoria Australia

DSC0858

ZGULPT007FM200110 DOP 11/14/18 (3rd owner). Bay Area CA.
Congrats and thanks for posting! If you have any of the former owner's info, love to have it here or direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Congrats and thanks for posting! If you have any of the former owner's info, love to have it here or direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

The dealer told me the first owner sold it due to a medical condition that kept him from riding. Records show the first sale occurred at a measly 1050 miles. The second owner sold it due to moving overseas. The bike had 7100 miles when I became its proud owner.

I bought the bike from Portland MG and it was registered in WA.

Last edited:
VIN#ZGULPC0047M114514 - Sean O'Hara - Millersport, Ohio, USA - D.O.P. 25MAR2019

I think I'm the second owner. Came with the factory panniers, top case, and windscreen. Has bark busters on it, not certain which brand.

Plans are to get the CARC bracket guard and the jug guards.

She's got 41k mi on her.

VIN#ZGULPH0176M111420 (4th owner) acquired Sept 2018. Hampshire, UK.
Congrats and welcome. If you can post any of the prior owner names (if they don't mind of course), would be much appreciated. Always fun to have the complete history.
Congrats and welcome to the GT & Guzzi Famiglia. Your first Guzzi (guessing no)?

Your first Guzzi (guessing no)?
Guessing wrongly :)

A friend kindly lent me his 1980s V35 Mik II to go to Chimay last year after my GS broke down and I just loved it. Fixed the GS, test rode the Norge a friend was selling, bought it.

Now 'enjoying' working on it. Fortunately its pretty sound but there's an oil leak to resolve (might be over-full, might be an actual leak), fork springs & oil to change, newer shock to fit (I have sourced a 2008 one & will fit a HyperPro spring). It's getting very close to its 60k mile service so I shall look at how much of that I can do myself.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I'm both new on the forums, and new at owning a Norge 1200! I'm loving it so far, but it will need a few comfort-related tweaks that appear to have been discussed on here at great length. It's a vast improvement over my 1984 Honda Nighthawk S, tho'! (likely anything would be at this point).
No.: ZGULPU0018M114283
Color: dark blue...? Ask my wife; I'm a poor judge of color!
Date of purchase: 13 April 2019

5146606E 846F 4071 9D25 7B3C9AC5516E

Hello everyone! I'm both new on the forums, and new at owning a Norge 1200!
Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. Love to get your VIN# and related for the first post of this thread.
Happy Easter and no need to say it, but I will... enjoy!

My VIN is listed at the top of the page. Never posted a picture, so here goes:
The only bike I have ever owned that came home on a trailer (twice!!), yet, with the help of this forum and the people on it, it has morphed into the most refined and pleasant bike I have owned.
I am the third owner. 80K km and in its prime. Mostly stock (O2 optimizer, and plans for adding a PCV). All day comfort, and I love the range of that big tank. Breva and Griso 2019 005

I wouldn't be a good father if I didn't get my little ones into motorcycling!

(also didn't realize that there's an acre of plastic on my Norge to apply wax to after washing!)

CD2E03B9 83B7 455E 9354 10464CFBD169

Last edited:
I wouldn't be a good father of I didn't get my little ones into motorcycling!

(also didn't realize that there's an acre of plastic on my Norge to apply wax to after washing!)

Additionally, it's been a little past a month since I began my journey with this Norge... I've logged over 1000 miles on it, and I'm beginning to discover some of its quirks. A previous owner did convert the oil fill to an automotive-style dipstick, which has been a huge help. Now, I'll need to figure out a funnel setup that will allow me to fill the case without removing the fairing! The shifting has been positive under load, but very wishy washy at idle or low rpm, which I'm still getting used to. I haven't changed out the front pegs yet, so the reach down to the shifter is still a bit of a bugaboo for me, but I am getting used to letting the shifter decide what gear it wants to be in and acting from there. Still, it's quicker than most of the SAE cruisers I typically share some road with!

Back