• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85 TT Info

I suppose I shouldn't bash. I do love my 8v and have no complaints. Only one I have is it's not off road friendly. The TT is and may be perfect second bike. Just ready to test one out asap.....

At a minimum hear from others bout the new offering first hand on forum.

the jacket is for sure Spidi (which we are a dealer for here at GTM). Enjoy.
both the trousers and the jacket are certificated as complying with European standards.

View attachment 16227
My current jacket is a Spidi Voyager. Came as standard with shoulder & elbow armour. Decent too, not the cheap packing foam type stuff. I have had it 5 years now and absolutely cannot fault it. When it finally wears out, my next jacket will be from Spidi too.

for those worried about colour choices
the painted tank parts are plastic covers, so all up there are 2 tank covers, 2 side covers and a front mudguard and they should be very easy to remove.
should take less than a square meter of red vinyl wrap to change the two tone yellow bike to the two tone red one (plus a set of V85tt side cover stickers)
change the colour every year if you like and still have the original colour fresh underneath

51321696_2258364597740378_3544165987131588608_n.jpg

"In Mandello Del Lario the production of moto guzzi v85 TT has begun!
The first classic enduro awaits you in the best dealers from the end of February."

From the Moto Guzzi Instagram Page.

Didn't think I'd like the Gray one as much as I do, but in this photo it looks sinister with the red accents. Can anyone translate the article below, is it anything new?

Here you go translated by Google chrome

The expectation is growing around the Moto Guzzi V85 TT: over 8,000 fans from all over Europe have already booked to test it in the test rides that will start at the end of February , when it arrives in the main Motoplex and European Moto Guzzi dealers, in time for the beginning of the seasons dedicated to travels and adventures.

Since yesterday, Moto Guzzi V85 TT has officially entered production at Mandello del Lario , marking the return of Moto Guzzi to the enduro touring world.

Moto Guzzi V85 TT is one of the most anticipated bikes on the market. This is demonstrated by the enormous interest aroused at the official presentation held last September's Moto Guzzi Open House, when it was shown in the final version, and the success achieved at EICMA 2018, where it was one of the most admired bikes of the International Fair.
In a few months the dedicated portal , www.discoverv85.motoguzzi.com , was reached by thousands of motorcyclists to discover the characteristics of the bike.

The fans who booked themselves for the test ride come mainly from Italy, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Spain and Austria. In addition, a
pre-booking has been opened on the American market in recent days

Moto Guzzi V85 TT is the first classic enduro dedicated to tourism , able to offer modern performance and technology contained in a body with a rich style of values and almost centenarian tradition of Moto Guzzi. Moto Guzzi V85 TT was born on the basis of a new technical platform and is driven by a new 80 hp and 80 Nm engine, a 90 ° V transversal twin cylinder as per the tradition of the House, unique in the world for construction scheme and driving sensations .

The standard equipment is premium , to gratify the rider in daily driving as well as in tourism and in the off-road adventure vehicle and includes the Ride by Wire Multimappa throttle control, ABS and traction control. The Moto Guzzi MIA application allows you to connect the smartphone to the instrumentation, greatly expanding the functions. Finally, the line of dedicated accessories is very high.

Here you go translated by Google chrome

The expectation is growing around the Moto Guzzi V85 TT: over 8,000 fans from all over Europe have already booked to test it in the test rides that will start at the end of February , when it arrives in the main Motoplex and European Moto Guzzi dealers, in time for the beginning of the seasons dedicated to travels and adventures.

Since yesterday, Moto Guzzi V85 TT has officially entered production at Mandello del Lario , marking the return of Moto Guzzi to the enduro touring world.

Moto Guzzi V85 TT is one of the most anticipated bikes on the market. This is demonstrated by the enormous interest aroused at the official presentation held last September's Moto Guzzi Open House, when it was shown in the final version, and the success achieved at EICMA 2018, where it was one of the most admired bikes of the International Fair.
In a few months the dedicated portal , www.discoverv85.motoguzzi.com , was reached by thousands of motorcyclists to discover the characteristics of the bike.

The fans who booked themselves for the test ride come mainly from Italy, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Spain and Austria. In addition, a
pre-booking has been opened on the American market in recent days

Moto Guzzi V85 TT is the first classic enduro dedicated to tourism , able to offer modern performance and technology contained in a body with a rich style of values and almost centenarian tradition of Moto Guzzi. Moto Guzzi V85 TT was born on the basis of a new technical platform and is driven by a new 80 hp and 80 Nm engine, a 90 ° V transversal twin cylinder as per the tradition of the House, unique in the world for construction scheme and driving sensations .

The standard equipment is premium , to gratify the rider in daily driving as well as in tourism and in the off-road adventure vehicle and includes the Ride by Wire Multimappa throttle control, ABS and traction control. The Moto Guzzi MIA application allows you to connect the smartphone to the instrumentation, greatly expanding the functions. Finally, the line of dedicated accessories is very high.

Thank you. Sounds pretty promising on the test rides. Hopefully that translates to success for Guzzi and they continue to give us some new bikes.

Thank you. Sounds pretty promising on the test rides. Hopefully that translates to success for Guzzi and they continue to give us some new bikes.

I am on the chicken side...

I am waiting for some of these test ride reviews to show up first before I decide to pull the trigger or not :p

Crossing fingers as this bike is SOOOOOO comfortable to sit/stand on...

I am on the chicken side...

I am waiting for some of these test ride reviews to show up first before I decide to pull the trigger or not :p

Crossing fingers as this bike is SOOOOOO comfortable to sit/stand on...

I'm waiting too. I want to test ride myself, and I want to see what GuzziTech comes up with on some of the mods too. Otherwise I might just do a Stelvio as my next bike will be mostly for ADV traveling for Motocamping and driving to work.

It felt really good to sit on at the Long Beach Motor show, but only got to sit on it for a second.

I'm waiting too. I want to test ride myself, and I want to see what GuzziTech comes up with on some of the mods too. Otherwise I might just do a Stelvio as my next bike will be mostly for ADV traveling for Motocamping and driving to work.

It felt really good to sit on at the Long Beach Motor show, but only got to sit on it for a second.
I had the pleasure hogging the salesman for a good 30 mins as I just happened to hit the "quite time" of the show LOL...

Stelvio is too big for me (same reason why I didn't trade in for a GS1250), but I want V85TT to work...so much potential for a daily communiter and a "OH lookie there is a dirt road, let's go!" type of bike...

But I am debating to get a Guzzi Crashbar or not...same thing as if there are anyone already working on upgrading that skid plate...

Those two are...questionable...LOL...

I had the pleasure hogging the salesman for a good 30 mins as I just happened to hit the "quite time" of the show LOL...

Stelvio is too big for me (same reason why I didn't trade in for a GS1250), but I want V85TT to work...so much potential for a daily communiter and a "OH lookie there is a dirt road, let's go!" type of bike...

But I am debating to get a Guzzi Crashbar or not...same thing as if there are anyone already working on upgrading that skid plate...

Those two are...questionable...LOL...

Hahah we must be twins. I also have a Red v7 and feel exactly the same about the new v85tt and it's potential, and the GS1250 is too big for me too unless I did the short seat and then had the suspension on the lower setting, and would still be on the ball of my feet. But the big engine is dreamy.

Regarding the Crash bar - it'll be an absolute for me. The tank sides are just plastic and I know I'll just get in trouble if I don't, plus I actually like the way ADV bikes and Guzzi's especially look with them. I saw a video from on of a guy inspecting the bike at the European show, and it looked like the stock skid plate was pretty typical - just barely good. I'll get one of those too because I do want to flick the bike around the back trails.

Hahah we must be twins. I also have a Red v7 and feel exactly the same about the new v85tt and it's potential, and the GS1250 is too big for me too unless I did the short seat and then had the suspension on the lower setting, and would still be on the ball of my feet. But the big engine is dreamy.

Regarding the Crash bar - it'll be an absolute for me. The tank sides are just plastic and I know I'll just get in trouble if I don't, plus I actually like the way ADV bikes and Guzzi's especially look with them. I saw a video from on of a guy inspecting the bike at the European show, and it looked like the stock skid plate was pretty typical - just barely good. I'll get one of those too because I do want to flick the bike around the back trails.
LOL...guess like mind thinks alike :p...even ride similar bike :p..

Oh I am getting the crashbar for sure...but wasn't too sure if I am gonna get the Guzzi one or not...

The lower support point is poking right into the oil sump...not too sure how I feel about that when I drop it, and I know I will...

Upload 2019 2 11 16 3 13

Will see LOL...right now, sticking to the red guz (as I call my V7)

Last edited:
To my somewhat jaded eyes the V85 just screams compromise. But I personally don't really regard that as a bad thing: if nothing else (as others have already mentioned) it's going to be cheap.

So the bashplate is rubbish. It appears to be wafer-thin & screwed to welded lugs on the exhaust headers. Just like my old '84 BMW. It has a cheap 'n cheerful non-adjustable front fork, just like the old BM. A crap, linear actuation rear shock, a' la BMW. I could go on.... My K100 was a rubbish bike, too. Even by 1984 standards.

What I really don't like is the fact that the bashplate is inevitably going to rattle & buzz against the exhaust as it wears/gets knocked about on rough roads. That enormous Euro-4 compliant boxy exhaust collector behind the sump looks pretty vulnerable too. I can see this coming to an early demise, together with its included catalyser/s etc. I also dislike the fact that it still uses cheap 'n nasty leaky spoke wheels too. Particularly so when, again as previously stated, the fix is just so quickly, (relatively) easily & inexpensively available.

Yet, for all its faults & flaws, I suspect that this will become, if not an instant classic, then certainly a howling success. It looks like for once Piaggio has the price/performance ratio just right. At least some 8000 Europeans think so anyway. What Guzzi has ever in the company's 98 years of existence ever been perfect straight from the dealer's showroom floor? What model has never actually benefited from a few or a lot of tuner & owner-initiated tweaks to make it a better, more efficient, faster or just more enjoyable ride.

The fixes are already available. Scrap the dodgy Paoli/Marzocchi/no-name forks for some Ohlins such as the prototype/s were wearing. Ditto for the rear shock. Maybe a linkage-controlled progressive compression curve? The exhaust is probably not so straightforward: many alternatives simply won't be Euro4/ADR/DOT etc compliant. But I bet there's going to be at least full GPR & maybe Arrow systems available on the aftermarket. Hopefully, some vendor or another will come up with a reasonably strong & substantial bashplate to replace the cheesy original....

The rest of it is cheap... for a reason. Of course, the dash is going to be an adaptation of one already mass-produced forthe corporate family. The frame, engine & gearbox assemblies (probably much of the suspension & frame too) will be closely "compromised" to similarly suit the coming family of V85-based models they've already promised. Such as an updated 850 LeMans retro cafe racer. That "Il Trofeo" Fast Endurance V75 mockup doesn't fool me for a second. I can see that selling extremely well as a 2-valve monoshock budget V85 variant. So does management, I'm sure. The original only had 2-valve heads; a good-enough excuse for the cafe replica I suspect.

That's the thing. All those "fixes" & "what ifs" will cost money, & ultimately sales too. 4-valve heads add complexity & cost. A warmer motor would also severely compromise rough-road driveability. I could never use the 2 phrases "off-road" & "Moto Guzzi" in the same sentence. Ever. A quattrovalvole motor, Ohlins cartsprings, Kineo or Alpina wheels/rims & more sophisticated exhaust & engine protection package is likely to cost some $5K extra. Even more (twice???) as aftermarket accessories. Changing the formula radically. That "budget", "bargain-basement" sweet little Guzzi rough-road tourer just became a whole lot more expensive, & a whole lot less attractive.

As it is, I'm predicting they're going to sell (for Guzzi, anyway) ship-loads of 'em. Unexpected, even unprecedented demand will severely limit supply for at least 12 months or so. Maybe more. Which is absolutely fantastic, & well-deserved for both Guzzi & the Piaggio group.

Some purists will be outraged by the thought of Guzzi chasing units rather than margins for a change. Less brand cache & exclusivity sure, but greater sales volume will inevitably lead to better geographic dealer representation. Surely that's a positive? They're Guzzi's after all, not Lagondas, Maybachs or Hispano Suizas. I'm no millionaire either, so I personally don't give a toss if Mario or Ahmed down the road has one too. I'd far rather have a local dealer & parts supply any day of the week.

At the end of the day, it's their ridiculous (to some) intrinsic little flaws & idiosyncrasies that make them so flamin' appealing in the first place.... I can't wait to park my generous derriere on one.

Last edited:
As it is, I'm predicting they're going to sell (for Guzzi, anyway) ship-loads of 'em. Unexpected, even unprecedented demand will severely limit supply for at least 12 months or so. Maybe more. Which is absolutely fantastic, & well-deserved for both Guzzi & the Piagio group.
I concur... and count on GuzziTech/GTM bringing most of the “improvements” you listed to market as soon as one lands here. I hope to get one of the first delivered in SoCal, and get to work immediately.

Not really: they have started all the "The Club" act just for that, to make you feel part of an extended family that has tradition and pride on its side. And this is a good thing for me!
But they sure do make it difficult to get into their system... I guess a lot like owning the bikes. Ha ha.

..News from Mandello... 2:50 inside factory

-KG-

Last edited:
Back