• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Owner 1999 Bassa Need Help, in process of restoring

I was thinking Jackal for brakes. Bassa is like EV, Integral Brakes. Rear switch is on left side of bike by sidecover & on bottom side of splitter. Line from master goes right to it.

A little time, and a brake line kit is all you need for a regular set up brake system. I just did mine. The hardest part was the bleeding. lol Reverse bleeding with a syringe = time saver. I've done a lot of the conversions, so anything I can provide in terms of tips, hit me up.

FYI - I have a LOAD of body parts including 3 screens, etc from my 99 Bassa I just about finished converting to a cafe racer.

A little time, and a brake line kit is all you need for a regular set up brake system. I just did mine. The hardest part was the bleeding. lol Reverse bleeding with a syringe = time saver. I've done a lot of the conversions, so anything I can provide in terms of tips, hit me up.

FYI - I have a LOAD of body parts including 3 screens, etc from my 99 Bassa I just about finished converting to a cafe racer.

I have bleed the both front and rear brake system, front caliper were powder coated.
can you please send the pics of screen and by any chance do you have the battery holder clamp ?
Please do post a pic it will interesting to see a bassa in cafe setup

regarding the my bike issue with brake light i have checked the rear brake switch its functioning fine, and i think i might have interchanged the connectors to rear light , and the battery died so waiting for the battery so i can check everything again, hopefully it was just a silly mistake
thank you for the help

I have bleed the both front and rear brake system, front caliper were powder coated.
can you please send the pics of screen and by any chance do you have the battery holder clamp ?
Please do post a pic it will interesting to see a bassa in cafe setup

regarding the my bike issue with brake light i have checked the rear brake switch its functioning fine, and i think i might have interchanged the connectors to rear light , and the battery died so waiting for the battery so i can check everything again, hopefully it was just a silly mistake
thank you for the help

Unfortunately, I don’t have the battery holder. (It didn’t come with a stock battery)

Here are the wind screens

Attachments

• 8F6EE784-010C-47BC-A4E9-2929CE741658.jpeg
    8F6EE784-010C-47BC-A4E9-2929CE741658.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 3D48CCCA-4599-478D-8F02-5D49AF57E3C0.jpeg
    3D48CCCA-4599-478D-8F02-5D49AF57E3C0.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 4AE8AEC1-7095-4075-B16B-3481BA832C48.jpeg
    4AE8AEC1-7095-4075-B16B-3481BA832C48.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 4
update found the problem with brake light , it was the front switch, at rest position is off and it was missing the piece that makes contact with the lever and the micro switch, dont know if i dropped it while sending to the power coating, ordered a new complete switch

After the all plumbing and fixing leaks i think finding god is much easier than sorting the fuel lines and other plumbing, others might have secret way of doing it easily i would love to know,

Saturday was all spent working on the bassa, at one time forgot the air filter lid while sorting plumbing and was scratching my head why the hell its running like crap, anyways silly mistakes i am sure everyone makes them
good thing is its all working now ,
warmup/ cold starting has some hicups, is it normal?
i set the throttle around 1000 rpm idle, is this correct?

some pics
IMG 3141 IMG 3142 IMG 3143 IMG 3144 IMG 3145 InkedIMG 3146 LI

Last edited:
Glad it worked out for you . Idle between 1000 & 1100 is fine. You can get most hick-ups out by finding where the motor likes the air bleed screws and setting the idle CO. You may want to try different setting and explore, every motor is different.

Glad it worked out for you . Idle between 1000 & 1100 is fine. You can get most hick-ups out by finding where the motor likes the air bleed screws and setting the idle CO. You may want to try different setting and explore, every motor is different.
where is that screw? throttle bodies ?

where is that screw? throttle bodies ?

Yes throttle bodies. Contained in one of the round structures. you have to go from below with a flat blade screw driver. It is how to best get the idle sync and idle rpm. So if the Throttle Bodies are set up correctly Idle speed and sync is set with the air bypass screws. Instruction for the TB setup is in the PDF file on this page https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/new-alaris-centurion-vdsts-info-instructions.1676/page-2

Back