• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 loose fasteners

just a touch of tightening every 300-500 miles for about 3000. then when you check the valves.
the ne 2017 has been fixed and a couple of checks are all that's needed.
What about the 2017 has been updated? New studs? New nuts? Curious because I have a 2016...

To add another screw to check, the awesome lovely filter cap retaining screw at the bottom of your sump!

My was a bit loose yesterday when I noticed there were some oil residue around the cap and the fins area...

Button it back up a bit and seems to be holding.

my V7 racer exhaust studs seem to require a nip up every now and then, what should I do, remove and add a drop of locktite or maybe some small spring washers??
My V7 special lost an exhaust nut and I replaced all 4 with Nord Loc washers, been fine ever since.

I bought a new 2016 Stornello last week. I rode it Sunday with no issues and put 50 miles on it. Today on my 3 mile commute as I was merging off the highway I went to downshift and the shift/toe peg was gone. Fortunately a trip to the Ace hardware and a M8 x1.25 pitch allen bolt got me home. Waiting on a new peg (MG would not sell just the peg and want $140 for the lever peg/combo) thank goodness an older sportster uses the same peg new one will get some loctite!

At 11,000 miles, just found ALL, except 1, sump screws were loose on my V7 III. Was underneath cleaning, after installing my Fenda Extenda, noticed fresh oil residue. Tightened all up, will replace gasket this winter.

At 11,000 miles, just found ALL, except 1, sump screws were loose on my V7 III. Was underneath cleaning, after installing my Fenda Extenda, noticed fresh oil residue. Tightened all up, will replace gasket this winter.

I was actually doing exactly the same thing of tightening all the sump screws & the clamp screws for the engine...most of them are LOOSE!

Was installing the new upgraded plugs...oh those are nice

My V7 special lost an exhaust nut and I replaced all 4 with Nord Loc washers, been fine ever since.
Just out of curiosity, where did you find the Nord Loc washers? I can only find 10 or 20 packs online... wondering if there’s a source to buy individually (yeah, I’m cheap).

'17 Stone. I'm concerned the swingarm is missing a bolt/and or becoming loose. This is on the left side, above the rear caliper. On the inside of the swingarm, the head of a bolt is sticking out maybe a few millimeters? I cannot find any swingarm diagrams showing a bolt being inserted from the inside?

7AA47153 BA51 49A0 9893 185202556E20

This second shows the head of the inside bolt. I'll need to borrow a friends tools to reach it, or remove the real wheel.

E72794B4 47B1 49F2 95C7 01CED700EC5D

Ive got an 2018 milano 2500 miles I checked the exhaust header bolts 3 of the 4 needed tightening. Also mirrors came loose. I will now be checking all accessible nuts and bolts .
Anybody getting problems with poor quality finish / rust , ive got bolts rusting, plate between drive box and swinging arm unpainted and rusting .
Bikes only 5 months old ! I did ride all through the winter, but still.

Ive got an 2018 milano 2500 miles I checked the exhaust header bolts 3 of the 4 needed tightening. Also mirrors came loose. I will now be checking all accessible nuts and bolts .
Anybody getting problems with poor quality finish / rust , ive got bolts rusting, plate between drive box and swinging arm unpainted and rusting .
Bikes only 5 months old ! I did ride all through the winter, but still.

My starter motor was actually rattling loose the other day. It was hanging on by the threads of the bolts haha. Weird.

To your second part, yeah I've noted quite a few of my bolts have started to get a milky oxidation kind of thing on them. Really strange.

My starter motor was actually rattling loose the other day. It was hanging on by the threads of the bolts haha. Weird.
Weird indeed! Have you ever removed it yourself? If not, I will add it to our list of things to check on service intervals. Never had any issues to date.

Weird indeed! Have you ever removed it yourself? If not, I will add it to our list of things to check on service intervals. Never had any issues to date.

Never touched it before! So weird. I actually had to google it because I didn't know what it was haha. I have a feeling it was just a fluke, unless it gets attached after it leaves the factory, then I could see this being BMW's missteps on the setup since they weren't the most diligent on setup it seems.

My bike(V7iii) had oil sweat on connection between rear drive and swing arms. I tried to tighten the nuts and fount some of them are easily to move(Feel like they are not exceed 25 Nm per spec.).
I am not sure if these come loose over time( just 18xx km) or they are tighten below spec from factory.
No oil sweat ever since.

Back