• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85 TT Info

I’ve seen quite a few reviews like that, this bike is garnering a lot of reviewers from people who have never even touched or been near the brand. Even Revzilla has a review on the bike where the reviewer loved it, but kept saying they had no knowledge of the history of Guzzi and so they had no idea how reliable they are and that would be a big sticking point since it’s just such an “unknown”

The "unknown" part is what I love about them. (among many other things)

The "unknown" part is what I love about them. (among many other things)
I wasn’t too surprised by random YouTube bloggers or websites that aren’t the big brands like this ADV Pulse, but revzilla really threw me off. Ha, like who are they hiring?

I wasn’t too surprised by random YouTube bloggers or websites that aren’t the big brands like this ADV Pulse, but revzilla really threw me off. Ha, like who are they hiring?
So isn’t the biggest question why didn’t they invite GuzziTech? Someone who has been most brand loyal and one who promotes the brand more so then any of these people. If anyone ever figures it out, let me know.

So isn’t the biggest question why didn’t they invite GuzziTech? Someone who has been most brand loyal and one who promotes the brand more so then any of these people. If anyone ever figures it out, let me know.
I think the reason for that is that they are not looking for sales to Guzzi enthusiasts. Had a long talk with Guzzi marketing in the UK some years back. They made it quite clear that they viewed Guzzi enthusiasts as pipe smoking, bearded , beer-gutted motorcyclists who would not be interested in new models. Currently in the UK the "bonus" product sold with the V85 is a matching set of helmet, jacket and pants (for a mere £199 if you book a test ride). Now which audience do you think that's aimed at?

I think the reason for that is that they are not looking for sales to Guzzi enthusiasts. Had a long talk with Guzzi marketing in the UK some years back. They made it quite clear that they viewed Guzzi enthusiasts as pipe smoking, bearded , beer-gutted motorcyclists who would not be interested in new models.
Sure, except none of that applies to me or the larger demographic here... and ignorance to what I provide both here, in person and via my rentals, is baffling. I get more people on Guzzis (rentals), have arguably been one of their best customers, service help (I step in when dealers won’t or worse), and one of their best brand ambassadors. Almost every other manufacturer invites brand loyal Forum owners to their events (I know because I am part of many others). I own two Stelvios, and will land one of the first V85TT that lands here in SoCal. So then what/why?

The guy I spoke to was Phil Read (Jnr) who was employed to market Guzzi in the UK (by Piaggio). I was talking to him as a representative of the Guzzi Club in the UK. As I said, he made it clear that Guzzi enthusiasts were not considered to be of any interest.
I'm not justifying his point, and certainly not agreeing with it.
Also that was in the UK, maybe in Italy it's different but the comment above would suggest that it's not.
But equally I have not heard of Guzzi North America getting involved with enthusiasts either.

But equally I have not heard of Guzzi North America getting involved with enthusiasts either.
Historically they have with the MGNOC here, but that seems to have died off in the early ‘00s. Oh well, can’t help ignorance. ;)

Would that coincide with Piaggio getting involved?
My understanding is that in years gone by Guzzi were more involved in the various clubs.

Well, their involvement with clubs was and still is common, but it is limited to historical and traditional meetings, the marketing strategy is keep separated and aimed to acquire new, younger buyers - look at all "The Clan" initiatives; theclan.motoguzzi.com/

I really wanted this V85tt bike, I like the brand, I like the features, its looks an I like the price. I sold my Africa Twin early in February and was seriously considering to wait for the bike to hit the dealerships. But then the bad memory of my early 2012 Stelvio NTX prevailed and I changed my mind.
I purchased the Stelvio then again based on features and looks and fairly enthusiastic professional reviews. I never had a chance to thoroughly test ride the bike. I sold the bike after one season (it was a long story of disappointments)...
So I took the opportunity of a good deal on 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT and bought it, so far I do not regret.
I tend to buy new bike about every 3 years, so I will watch this forum, wait for real users experience and reliability reports with the V85 and maybe in 2022 MG will even have more street/touring oriented version of this bike waiting for me.

by 2012 the Stelvio had been out for 4 years.
let us know how the GT is. it's on my short list too but it's a bit too tall just like my 1000 Versys.

As for Stelvio, the NTX model came out in 2012, at least here in Canada. In fact it was in such a demand that dealers in Alberta were asking for $1000 reservation downpayment...
As for the Tracer GT, I am pleasantly surprised, mind you have only 750 kms on it so far. The engine has more power than I will ever need, pulls nicely from below 3000 rpms in any gear, the suspension does a great job on our broken up local roads, great handling. I am 5-10 with 31" inseam and I can almost flat foot with the seat in higher position, lots of leg room as well.
I was actually considering the 2019 Versys 1000 LT (has now cruise control) but what made me choose the Tracer GT was the weight - side cases included, the GT is 40 kg lighter. Big factor for me at the age of 72.

Any idea when the v85 will be available in NA?
I first heard April, now hearing June. Always a moving and unknown target (word direct from my dealer friends).

I first heard April, now hearing June. Always a moving and unknown target (word direct from my dealer friends).

It's too bad. I was going to test ride it this weekend on the original plan, this and the Triumph Scrambler XE (not for comparisons). Now I'm just test riding the scrambler. Oh well.

Hello there!
First of all, i am on this forum since MG presented for the first time the V85 at Eicma and i am very curious to buy this machine.

In many reviews I heard the pegs touching the ground without forcing to much the lean angle. For those who test it more sporty, is it so terrible?

I watched one test where the pegs were scraping when the rider was going for it ,then later in the test he talked about the suspension being adjustable and it showed rear shock set to it's lowest position. Then later in the vidio it showed the bike being riden just as hard with not one scrape. Maybe he reset the rear shock ????

I watched one test where the pegs were scraping when the rider was going for it ,then later in the test he talked about the suspension being adjustable and it showed rear shock set to it's lowest position. Then later in the vidio it showed the bike being riden just as hard with not one scrape. Maybe he reset the rear shock ????

Can you share the review you are talking about?

Back