• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Getting the "SERVICE URGENT" error code

That code is Throttle Grip Position redundancy tracks C-D/ inconsistent signal.
I would do the self learning for throttle. You may need software. Book says it will put you in a limp home mode.

Last edited:
P0155 = Throttle Grip Position Redundancy tracks C-D inconsistent signal.

Follow the cables down from your throttle to the demand sensor (Edit: It's called the accelerator position sensor B44414). It's like a four way TPS. Check all connectors here for an intermittent.

Last edited:
Thanks Dave, Cali 14 is why I retired, too much of what I didn't want to learn about anyway. If I do want to the Tech Rep that taught the C14 class is right down the road.

P0155 = Throttle Grip Position Redundancy tracks C-D inconsistent signal.

Follow the cables down from your throttle to the demand sensor (Edit: It's called the accelerator position sensor B44414). It's like a four way TPS. Check all connectors here for an intermittent.
Thanks, I'll take the tank off and check the connectors.

Guzzi Classics?
Did you know you are just about as close to my shop in Orange? We know modern Guzzi better than almost every dealer; https://gtmotocycles.com/pages/service

Look forward to helping you next.

Merry/Happy.
Looks like my bike and I will be paying you a visit in the near future. While heading up to Convict Lake, the bike went into limp mode while flashing "Urgent Service". After a few restarts, I managed to get back to Bishop and hauled it home.

I'm having this same issue on a 2016 Eldorado, starting at 850 miles. This was a leftover new bike, which I purchased about three weeks ago.

My first indication was running along at approx 70 mph and the red triangle flashy light illuminated, and the bike went onto limp mode.
Trailered it to the dealer. They say no code showing. Since that time (two weeks ago) it has only been a problem (intermittently) at start, and (so far) have been able to clear the fault by some amount of cycling the ignition and starting the engine.

When the fault is not present, the bike runs quite well,

I'm having this same issue on a 2016 Eldorado, starting at 850 miles. This was a leftover new bike, which I purchased about three weeks ago.

My first indication was running along at approx 70 mph and the red triangle flashy light illuminated, and the bike went onto limp mode.
Trailered it to the dealer. They say no code showing. Since that time (two weeks ago) it has only been a problem (intermittently) at start, and (so far) have been able to clear the fault by some amount of cycling the ignition and starting the engine.

When the fault is not present, the bike runs quite well,
Exactly what my bike did. In this thread, I mentioned earlier a dealer in AZ. was able to grab the code. At my last service, the oil was overfilled and saturated the airbox and filter. Since being fixed, my bike was running fine up to last week. Then the dreaded urgent service popped up. When I got home, I checked the air box. There was a little oil on the bottom and some up the side but the filter was dry. So now it will be going to Todd's shop. Hopefully, there's a code.

I got the service message a couple nights ago and a steady red triangle this bike doesn't have a wrench icon, 2014 touring with 10,000 miles. Got this bike 6 months ago. No problems (except it won't lean as far as I like)till then. Lights wouldn't come on correctly only the dim version of DRL's no instrument lites. Was easing on home 10 mi. since I had taillights and enough headlight to not get pulled over. Halfway home the lights started functioning then went away and came back. After looking all over for the problem I checked the oil. Quart low, added the oil everything back to normal. My 2014 Jeep goes completely stupid when it's a quart and a half low. It's what prompted me checking the oil on bike. Sometimes it's too simple.

I got the service message a couple nights ago and a steady red triangle this bike doesn't have a wrench icon, 2014 touring with 10,000 miles. Got this bike 6 months ago. No problems (except it won't lean as far as I like)till then. Lights wouldn't come on correctly only the dim version of DRL's no instrument lites. Was easing on home 10 mi. since I had taillights and enough headlight to not get pulled over. Halfway home the lights started functioning then went away and came back. After looking all over for the problem I checked the oil. Quart low, added the oil everything back to normal. My 2014 Jeep goes completely stupid when it's a quart and a half low. It's what prompted me checking the oil on bike. Sometimes it's too simple.
Just a suggestion. You might want to head over to your local shop to see if they can pull an error code. Sometimes a problem (such as I had with my bike going into limp mode with "service" and "urgent service" message) will temporarily clear after several restarts only to reappear later. In my case, I had to trailer my bike 300 miles to get home.

Ha local shop, It didn't clear after restart or resetting coupon. Lights were still squirrelly and service message/ triangle on even coming home when lights would work. Added oil after trying restarting, immediately everything cleared up. We'll see. Perhaps just trying to get me to pay attention. Went exactly the same way when daughter borrowed my jeep. She took it to a couple shops before bringing it to me. No codes but completely unreliable, Checked, then added oil. Problem-poof. No oil warning light on that either.

I'm trying to remove the two connectors from the TPS (Demand Sensor). Can someone advise how to unlock the connector ?

Attachments

• IMG_5672.JPG
    IMG_5672.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 32
is that a lever on the top of the right hand component push up or down ? just a guess

It does look like that's how it works. I did try releasing the lever and then moving it up & down, but it didn't move and I'm afraid to apply too much force and breaking it.

I just picked up my bike from Todd's shop in Orange, CA. They replaced the air temperature sensor and cleaned the intake manifold, throttle body, etc. and cleared the codes from the system. They also performed the 5K maintenance service. I was fortunate to meet with Todd who explained what had to be done to clean the system from excessive oil and discussed a possible fix for the annoying front brakes on my bike. By the way, I was definitely impressed with Todd's custom GTM bikes and the quality of his work; simply impeccable. It's nice to know I have a competent shop instead of relying on the few and constantly closing dealers.

Mine is still having this issue. Happens every day now.

Dropped it off at the dealer.

Let me know what the dealer says is causing it.

I read the fault code (P0155) and verified that the TGPS reading for the C-D track was out of range. The service manual says that means the TPS is bad.

Is that my imagination or does that engine sound noisy. I'm guessing you or the dealer must have checked oil level ?

I think it's simply an acoustic anomaly. Cell phone video. The bike sounds fine. Yes, the crankcase if full to the mark.

C'mon now - you know that Guzzi's are supposed to sound like two skeletons banging on a tin roof, right ?

:rofl:

Back