• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85 TT Info

Hello there! First of all, i am on this forum since MG presented for the first time the V85 at Eicma and i am very curious to buy this machine.
In many reviews I heard the pegs touching the ground without forcing to much the lean angle. For those who test it more sporty, is it so terrible?
Guzzi Greetings!
I know a handful of the US journalists personally, and not only are they “large” guys, but there tends to be a bit of a speed ego-fest on the bigger launches.
As stated above, Guzzi generally sets up these bikes softly sprung, so proper set up would be paramount. As a former pro racer and journalist, my Stelvio was too soft for my riding style, and I used to drag the center-stand often (dangerously so), so I removed it. Once I had upgraded the suspension, it remains as my all time favorite production Guzzi.
I will be digging into the V85 the minute it lands here with a full review and upgrade list.
Welcome and hope you post often.

I first heard April, now hearing June. Always a moving and unknown target (word direct from my dealer friends).
This is really frustrating - As you can see, I joined this forum *just* to ask this question. I haven't been this interested in a bike, ever, but I don't have any experience with Moto Guzzi so I'm trying to get some more direct info rather than relying on thirdhand 'common wisdom'. One thing I've heard a lot of is people criticizing their dealer networks and north american support -- and this isn't reassuring on that count.

This is really frustrating - As you can see, I joined this forum *just* to ask this question. I haven't been this interested in a bike, ever, but I don't have any experience with Moto Guzzi so I'm trying to get some more direct info rather than relying on thirdhand 'common wisdom'. One thing I've heard a lot of is people criticizing their dealer networks and north american support -- and this isn't reassuring on that count.
To make one thing VERY clear to all reading this... there are very few small dealers left you can count on, sorry to say. The motto has always been “Making mechanics out of riders since 1921.” If you are expecting Japanese or other Euro brand levels of service, do not buy this bike. That said, with some level of hands-on tinkering, Guzzis are among one of the best for rider enjoyment. Do not rely on a dealer to make or keep you happy. Hope that helps.

Can you share the review you are talking about?

It's really coming from youtube reviews more than anything though a few articles do mention it too. In the videos there are even a few where they bring it up strictly because they start scraping and were surprised at how early in the lean the scraping happened. A page or two back, someone posted a YouTube playlist that has every v85tt review and you can find the videos where the pegs are mentioned in that playlist. The articles are a few here below. Todd also makes a great point on the suspension setup from factory and the riders reviewing it.

Here are three I found by google, but it doesn't sound like too big of a problem:
  • The only limiting factor on twisty roads is the ground clearance, with the pegs occasionally touching down on either side at full lean - reminding you this is an adventure bike and not a focussed half-faired roadster.
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/moto-guzzi/v85-tt/2019/
  • Occasionally touching down the pegs, I had a blast throwing the bike around. There was a faint sluggishness when attempting to flop it from side to side on sharp S-turns, but I was arguably at that point riding the V85 TT in a way it was not intended to be ridden. Keep anywhere near the posted speed limit and you're unlikely to have complaints about handling.
https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/2020-moto-guzzi-v85-tt-first-ride-motorcycle-review
  • If there’s one thing that hampered the bike on the road it was a lack of ground clearance in the corners. The pegs deck out really easily, and on a couple of occasions my adventure spec, TCX boots were pulled out of place.
https://www.visordown.com/reviews/first-ride/moto-guzzi-v85-tt-2019-review

@dbx
As Todd said, don't buy it counting on a turn key bike that runs like an appliance and unless you have one of the few good dealers near you don't expect the dealer to be the key to you being happy with the bike. And if you do have one of the good dealers near you be sure to buy from them even if they are not the cheapest ones to buy from.
If you are willing to put in a little effort, Guzzi's can be a great motorcycle to ride. If you want a motorcycle that is turn key, that simply runs and you only need to ride it, maybe it isn't for you. But first, ride one. A test ride, the longer the better, and either it will speak to you or it won't. I still remember the first time I ever rode a Guzzi, some 26 years ago. I can't say that about any other brand.

So has anyone here actually put up some $$$ for a deposit on a B85???

Paul

I'm personally waiting until GTMotocycles get their hand on it to see what can be done for suspension, accessories, etc. Otherwise I'll be looking for a Stelvio I think (I know they are different, but it was originally what I wanted before I saw the v85tt).

I'm personally waiting until GTMotocycles get their hand on it to see what can be done for suspension, accessories, etc. Otherwise I'll be looking for a Stelvio I think (I know they are different, but it was originally what I wanted before I saw the v85tt).
You assume something needs to be done with the suspension???

Paul

You assume something needs to be done with the suspension???

Paul

I was more giving an example of an item, but yes, I assume that the suspension will be decent, better than other Guzzi's but that there will be other things out there that are better like almost any bike out there. I'll be able to have the suspension set for my weight specifically, and set for things that I'll be doing more often. I'm basically a short stubby brick with legs walking around riding, so suspension doesn't work great for me unless it's tuned properly. I'm sure it'll be fine for many people, but I do plan on making this bike a proper traveler with back road capabilities if possible.

Note on that review at half way he says the preload is set to minimum. I would think a lot of bikes would ground out with the preload on minimum. There is no mention after that about grounding out so possibly he jacked it up and it worked.

The peg scraping is kinda :eek:
The closest my pegs get to the ground now-a-days is when the bike is on its side stand :rofl:. Well, maybe not quite, but it sure won't be a damper on my riding. I've lived through 55years behind bars so far and intend to see it through to stumps (our Pommish friends know what I mean) now.

I've put my deposit down on a Silver one, not so struck on the red frame & please nick me colours for a travel bike :D

Our local dealer had 10 yellow & white ones delivered (don't know how many have been bought yet!) when I enquired about the availability of the single colour bike he was able to source one.....I consider myself a very lucky individual given the interest there is in the bike over here.

It'll my personal return to the pleasures of riding a Guzzi since selling my Breva 1100 a few years back due to my riding habits changing. The v85TT is replacing a Tiger 800XC which, although was just the kind of bike, to do the job I wanted - it wasn't an "experience", just a mere travel bike....

I cannot wait.

Is this bike without fuelfilter?? I can`t find it owners manual , service manual or parts catalog ( You find catalog in TLM-shop Holland)

..feels odd..

-KG-

Last edited:
Guzzi Greetings!
I know a handful of the US journalists personally, and not only are they “large” guys, but there tends to be a bit of a speed ego-fest on the bigger launches.
As stated above, Guzzi generally sets up these bikes softly sprung, so proper set up would be paramount. As a former pro racer and journalist, my Stelvio was too soft for my riding style, and I used to drag the center-stand often (dangerously so), so I removed it. Once I had upgraded the suspension, it remains as my all time favorite production Guzzi.
I will be digging into the V85 the minute it lands here with a full review and upgrade list.
Welcome and hope you post often.
A bit off topic but my Cali 1400 used to touch down at every roundabout when two up. On Todd’s recommendation replaced the stock units with Matris. Problem solved and a better ride overall.

Back