• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Air Box mod and/or Fuel Remap

Dtr20

Just got it firing!
I have a 2016 Audace and I have been reading a lot on the forums lately. I am thinking about remapping the ECU at some point in time, just need to save some money first since I just bought this bike and some accessories. The air box mod looks easy to do, but should I do the air box mod only if I remap the ECU or will the bike get an improvement regardless? I am not sure if I am going to buy an exhaust kit or not, the options for my bike are all very pricey compared to other bikes (that I have noticed). I was trying to see if anyone has modded the stock exhaust to just make it a little deeper, but haven't come across anything.

I am new to the Moto Guzzi brand. I am coming from a 2003 Honda Magna 750 V4. I love riding this bike, but it is completely different than I am used to. Because of this, I am not really sure what to expect with the ECU remap. It just seems like more power and smoother throttle response (not that this is a bad thing, just trying to understand). Any additional insight will be appreciated.

Welcome. I have a 2013 Touring. I have the Guzzitech reflash, PC-V and AT-300 fueling upgrade, open airbox mod and the full GT-Rx exhaust system, headers and mufflers. This adds up to serious money, but the bike is transformed. The stock bike with original pipes was so bland I wondered why I had bought it. (I had fond memories from my younger days of a Ducati Darmah with Conti exhausts...that was my benchmark for sound and feel.) The bike has significantly improved punch now, and the sound is glorious. Todd has fine tuned the fueling (each service, I send the trim table for review) and the power is smooth and clean. I do not believe it is possible to modify the stock mufflers unless you are equipped to cut them open and reeled them. Opening up the airbox by itself is likely to add to the induction noise, but not much else.

Stephen

I have a 2016 Audace and I have been reading a lot on the forums lately. I am thinking about remapping the ECU at some point in time, just need to save some money first since I just bought this bike and some accessories. The air box mod looks easy to do, but should I do the air box mod only if I remap the ECU or will the bike get an improvement regardless? I am not sure if I am going to buy an exhaust kit or not, the options for my bike are all very pricey compared to other bikes (that I have noticed). I was trying to see if anyone has modded the stock exhaust to just make it a little deeper, but haven't come across anything.

I am new to the Moto Guzzi brand. I am coming from a 2003 Honda Magna 750 V4. I love riding this bike, but it is completely different than I am used to. Because of this, I am not really sure what to expect with the ECU remap. It just seems like more power and smoother throttle response (not that this is a bad thing, just trying to understand). Any additional insight will be appreciated.
The route I went was to carry out the ECU remap first, then the airbox mod followed by replacement of the mufflers. By doing it in that order I feel I addressed the most important issue first ie the fuelling. After each further modification Todd corrected the Power Commander maps that I sent in order to gain the optimum performance.
With regards to stock exhaust modifications, I know it has been done on the Custom/Touring mufflers but to my knowledge not on the Audace, as stephenm mentioned it is doable.
V-Performance and Zard mufflers are both available through Todd or if your budget could afford it his full system.
Drop him an email with any or all enquires.

I have a 2014 Tour model. Thinking on the exhaust mod, I ran a 1-inch hole saw in through the exhaust opening and put a hole in the baffle, which gave a much nicer sound. Cheap & easy. I do not know if the Audace has the same internal exhaust set up but you could check that.

These redundant questions are extremely well covered here. Just spend some time skimming/reading.
All C14 mufflers have multiple baffles and catalytic converters in them. Old school drilling is not the best solution. I offer a service for mods on another post.

Seems like a good time to post this as well; https://archive.guzzitech.com/PCs-Todd_E.html - first published in 2001, so a little outdated, but the facts still true. See the Store tab above for our current offerings.

Back