• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 Bobber - Thinking of buying

OberBobber

Just got it firing!
Hi all,

I am a new rider, in the process of completing my motorcycle training, and I am seriously considering getting a V9 Bobber. I am mainly going to use it to scoot around town or for some mind-clearing rides, away from the motorway.

In addition to the style of V9 Bobber, the shaft drive was the one that piqued my interest. Since I'll be riding mainly for leisure, and the fact that I live in an apartment, I'd love nothing more than to spend less time - and money - in maintaining the bike chain.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the following:
  1. Engine guard. I'd much rather have it than not. I see the Givi TN8202, however, are there other options as well?
  2. Headlamp. I don't mind the present light, but if it comes to it, I could switch over to an LED. What all do I need to consider when making the switch? I have literally zero knowledge about circuits.
  3. Horn. Is there room enough to fit a Denali Soundbomb?
  4. Twin headlamps. I have a thing for these. Maybe further down the line... but has anyone considered this for their bike? Is it as simple as buying a second headlamp assembly, plus a relay, or is there more to it?
  5. Exhaust. Again, further down the line. I quite like the Agostini. Would I need to make any other changes to the bike to cater to the exhaust?
Naturally, the top priority will be the engine guard, plus protective gear. The rest can always wait.

For reference, I'm 40 years old, weigh 190 pounds and have a 32-inch inseam.

If you have any other words of wisdom for me, I'm all ears.

Cheers!

Welcome to the GT Forum. If you spend the time skimming the topics in this section, you will find most of your answers. The small block Guzzis have been quite good if set up properly.
As to the products, click on the Store tab above, and you will find all of the products that I have spent a great deal of time and money to insure they work well. We ship worldwide daily, so appreciate the business to support the site here. The only costly mod you list is twin headlights... that will not be cheap or easy.

Hi mate,

Thanks for your response... that was quite quick!

I am searching the site at the moment. Only wondered if there was anything V9 specific to take into account.

So a twin headlamp would really be expensive than an aftermarket exhaust?

Appreciate your earlier input and I hope to find my equipment from your store.

Cheers again.

Welcome to the GT Forum. If you spend the time skimming the topics in this section, you will find most of your answers. The small block Guzzis have been quite good if set up properly.
As to the products, click on the Store tab above, and you will find all of the products that I have spent a great deal of time and money to insure they work well. We ship worldwide daily, so appreciate the business to support the site here. The only costly mod you list is twin headlights... that will not be cheap or easy.

1. Engine guard. I'd much rather have it than not. I see the Givi TN8202, however, are there other options as well?
I bought Givi guards for my Roamer and they're fine, seem sturdy and you can barely notice it's an aftermarket thing.

Hepco&Becker also make engine guards for V9 but they are more expensive and I didn't really like the look.
yMDPHhI.jpg

The Givi guards look nice.

OP, the one thing this bike could use is some wind protection for freeway speeds. Otherwise it's the perfect around town and weekend ride machine. It's really relaxing to ride with those ergos and powerband. Aftermarket mufflers are the million dollar addition because the exhaust sound on the V9 is really nice. Check youtube. A reflash and some exhaust music, and it will run cooler too. Love the big fat tires for potholes and the traction control and abs work nicely.

I bought Givi guards for my Roamer and they're fine, seem sturdy and you can barely notice it's an aftermarket thing.

Hepco&Becker also make engine guards for V9 but they are more expensive and I didn't really like the look.
yMDPHhI.jpg

Thanks for this. I do agree; the Givi guards look better.

The Givi guards look nice.

OP, the one thing this bike could use is some wind protection for freeway speeds. Otherwise it's the perfect around town and weekend ride machine. It's really relaxing to ride with those ergos and powerband. Aftermarket mufflers are the million dollar addition because the exhaust sound on the V9 is really nice. Check youtube. A reflash and some exhaust music, and it will run cooler too. Love the big fat tires for potholes and the traction control and abs work nicely.

Yeah, wind protection is something I'm still on the fence about. The dealer I went to had one on a Bobber and it looked quite alright. However (and this is something I need to check first), I'd like the headlamp to be lowered (till I find a good dual headlamp set) and I don't know how that will work with a wind deflector.

I'm hoping the fat tyres will help with the ride on bricked streets and the occasional bad roads. I haven't got my license yet, so I can't test ride the thing... which will help me determine whether or not I'd need to upgrade the rear shocks. I saw the Bobber Sport, which is ever so slightly expensive... and the shocks look great too. I'm just not too keen about the colour, especially for the side plates, as it dilutes the lines of the tank. Probably it's just me.

Thanks, though! Appreciate your input!

Well, there's always this rig (as a Guzzi owner the words "fabricate", "weld" and "Duct tape" will of course be on your lips, as will insect parts lol):

Img_Paragrafi_1.jpg

"I'm hoping the fat tyres will help with the ride on bricked streets and the occasional bad roads."

They really do. I love those damned things. Here in Hollywood we have "occasional good roads", so I've grown attached to the fat tires. The stock suspension is wooden and squishy. Look at Todd's store for some fixes. The Bobber is one of those bikes that grows on you as you ride it. Even that "tock!" sound when you take the slack out of the drivetrain.

Back