• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Pyramid Plastics Fender Extenda

Dah-Dit

Tuned and Synch'ed
For the Breva V1100/1200 and 1200 Sport, (others possibly?)

pyramid-plastics.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=1336_1436

Part no. 058710, I ordered one over the phone - Pyramid Plastics +44(0)1427 810473.

£2.99 delivery in the UK. Excellent.

MotoGuzziBrevaV1100_1.jpg

MotoGuzziBrevaV1100_2.jpg

MotoGuzziBrevaV1100_3.jpg

I'm going to order one right now in the hope that it'll keep my bike as clean as yours.

edit,
They've sold out! :eek:hmy:

Hi,
looks very neat, I fitted a skidmarx rear hugger, bolt fell out, bracket snapped, but once a decent bolt and nyloc fitted and the bracket was welded and strengthened it has done a very good job, also fitted the Guzzi rear fender extension, which keeps the rearlights clean,

Regards Bobelpfan

Just spoke to them, they have 46 in stock, well, 45 now!

Bobelpfan, I too have a Skidmarx rear hugger that has just needed reinforcing around the lower bracket as a crack has started to appear.

Has anyone tried the Extenda Fenda on a late Norge? There isn't much room with the low mount oil cooler, and it seems like something that follows the lines of the fender would hit the cooler.

I have both (Fenda and 2012 Norge) and they interfere (the rear wheel cover fits great and is easy to install). I considered shortening oil cooler mounting spacers but then it appears lower fairing pieces wouldn't fit. I haven't made a final determination but likely Fenda will be up for donation sale soon.

Has anyone tried the Extenda Fenda on a late Norge? There isn't much room with the low mount oil cooler, and it seems like something that follows the lines of the fender would hit the cooler.
You're exactly right jdub, the Fenda Extenda does foul on the 8V Norge oil cooler cover. I trimmed mine by half and it still fouled, trimmed it again to about 30% of original length and still no good. After that I gave up and took it off.

Darn that's too bad. I put some stainless mesh in front of the cooler to help protect it but would rather not have debris get there in the first place. I have some leftover rubber sheet from my effort to keep water and grime off the rear shock linkage and swingarm bearings. I might try a piece for the front fender but I imagine the flexibility of the rubber will cause it to get sucked in by the tire. Worth a try though.

I've got one on my 8V Norge and it works perfectly. The curve of the Extenda follows the concave front of the oil cooler grill with just the right amount of gap for air flow but good coverage, keeping the grit and road dirt at bay.

Fenda

I've got one on my 8V Norge and it works perfectly. The curve of the Extenda follows the concave front of the oil cooler grill with just the right amount of gap for air flow but good coverage, keeping the grit and road dirt at bay.

View attachment 17214
Craigclu, my Extenda looked just like yours, until I went for my first ride. Under firm braking (but not emergency), the forks compressed and the bottom edge of the Extenda got hooked up in the fins of the oil cooler cover. I didn't realise what had happened until I came to a stop and couldn't turn the bars to go around a corner. Had to wrench the bars to the side to free them up. Scared the crap out of me...

My exhaust headers are being Cerakoted (https://www.cerakote.com/finishes/V-172Q/gold/) so not able to ride test but I think I've found a Fenda Extenda solution for my 2012 Norge.

I started from craigclu's "lucky tolerances" and disassembled the oil cooler mount looking for them. No joy including the grill which is not solid plastic so you can't grind off the outside corners for clearance. Reassembled oil cooler mount and refit lower fairing covers. Right side is double-bolted to engine and while left side has single bolt all three together made for a tight fit. Then I loosened the mudguard and rotated it downwards. Trial fit of FX showed potential so I proceeded with fitment.

I replaced the PP glue tape with 3M Extremely Strong and ran a double-layer at the bottom and a single layer at the top (currently I don't intend to use the plastic fasteners).
Fenda Extenda Tape
With the red liner on, I trial fit the FX and had good enough clearance. But I wanted more so I replaced the two rear shouldered screws with plain screws and nylon washers. This was possible because unlike the front screws, the rear screws clamped the fork leg to the mudguard and therefore didn't need shoulders.
Fenda Extenda Mount
Clearance was excellent so I removed the liner and fastened the FX to the mudguard. Current status is this for the next 12 hours.
Fenda Extenda Clamp

Good job, please post a picture of the clearance after everything is bolted back together. I was thinking that maybe a second layer of the tape near the bottom of the fender might pull the angle of the Extenda further away from the cooler.

My Extenda Fenda arrives tomorrow. I should have some non shouldered bolts laying around to give this a try.

So far, I am happy with the fender extension. I added some additional double sided tape and opted not to use the included self-tapping screws. I had one instance of hard braking and no interference so far.

Back