• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cal 1400 MGCT Info & FAQs

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Sourced from the Owner's Manual, but worthy of a quick post here:

MGCT (Moto Guzzi Controllo Trazione - Traction Control):

Scrolling through TRIP 1 or TRIP 2 by short pressing the MODE control to the left or right, it is possible to display the MGCT option.

By short pressing the MODE control in a central position the rider can access the MGCT function.

By moving the selector to the right, holding it down, the system turns on and the value "1" (minimum intervention) appears on the display.

The MGCT warning light will flash.

By moving the selector to the right, pressing it briefly, the intervention level increases up to a maximum of "3" (Maximum intervention).

EVERY TIME THE SET VALUE IS MODIFIED, THE NUMERIC SYMBOL IS DISPLAYED IN NEGATIVE (BLINKS) FOR 2 SECONDS BEFORE BEING CONFIRMED

To deactivate the system, from value "1", turn the selector to the left, holding it down, until the value "-" appears.

The MGCT warning light will be on steady.

To exit the MGCT function short press the selector or set off on the motorcycle.

NOTES:
  • THE FIRST TIME THE BATTERY IS CONNECTED THE MGCT WARNING LIGHT IS ON STEAD (SYSTEM NOT ACTIVE)
  • ONCE THE MOTORCYCLE IGNITION SWITCH IS TURNED OFF, AT THE NEXT START UP THE MGCT SYSTEM MAINTAINS THE PREVIOUSLY SELECTED SETTINGS.
MGCT CALIBRATION FOR TIRE SIZE CHANGE:
CALIBRATION IS NEEDED TO OPTIMIZE THE MGCT FUNCTION IN THE EVENT OF CHANGING A TIRE SIZE. IF TIRES OTHER THAN THOSE INDICATED IN THIS USE AND MAINTENANCE BOOKLET ARE USED, TO OBTAIN THE SAME PERFORMANCE FROM THE MGCT SYSTEM THE SETTING LEVELS OF THE SYSTEM ITSELF MAY NEED TO BE MODIFIED.

Select the CALIBRATION function from the configuration menu to access the CALIBRATION function.

When the CALIBRATION function is selected (with vehicle at a standstill), a screen is shown with the following message at the bottom of the display:

CALIBRATING:
To calibrate the MGCT (Moto Guzzi Controllo Trazione) system, ride about 10 seconds on a flat, straight section of road in second gear at a speed of 30 +/- 2 km/h (18.64 +/- 1.24 mph) until CALIBRATION appears on the display.

NOTES:
  • ONCE THE MESSAGE 'CALIBRATING' CEASES TO BE DISPLAYED, STOP THE VEHICLE, TURN THE IGNITION SWITCH OFF AND LEAVE OFF FOR AT LEAST 30 SECONDS TO COMPLETE THE CALIBRATION PROCEDURE. THIS ALLOWS THE CALIBRATION TO BE STORED IN THE MEMORY.
  • TURN THE IGNITION SWITCH OFF TO ABORT THE CALIBRATION PROCEDURE.
  • WHEN CALIBRATION IS CARRIED OUT THE TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM AUTOMATICALLY DEACTIVATES (IF IT WAS PREVIOUSLY ACTIVATED).

CAUTION:
  • WHEN THE MOTORCYCLE IS IN RESERVE MODE, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO CARRY OUT THE CALIBRATION PROCEDURE.

Yeah, I managed to get into the re-calibration mode when I was searching for the km-miles per hour selection and the 24 hour clock that I initially had control over when the bike was brand new.

Riding for ten seconds at a constant slow speed is harder than it sounds, it took me several attempts to get the system re-calibrated. Don't attempt it amongst other traffic like I tried to do!

Thanks Dave. I bet it is, and you knowing where I live means it'll be nearly impossible. I went searching for this as my MGCT light was steady on. Apparently disconnect/re-connecting the battery will turn it off. It must manually be turned back on through the left switch assembly per above. Did you ever get your clock functioning correctly? You said you had control of this earlier on, but not now(?).

The bike is incredible now with the intake/exhaust, fueling and suspension mods! Click RentAGuzzi below to come sample it.

Thanks Dave. I bet it is, and you knowing where I live means it'll be nearly impossible. I went searching for this as my MGCT light was steady on. Apparently disconnect/re-connecting the battery will turn it off. It must manually be turned back on through the left switch assembly per above. Did you ever get your clock functioning correctly? You said you had control of this earlier on, but not now(?).

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery is what caused me to lose the ability to select 24 clock and change to kpm. Pro-italia couldn't help, and Pete Roper couldn't change it to kph with his PADS kit either. I'm guessing the selection might be only available for the first thousand miles or so, I'd be curious to know whether anyone else can still get access to these menu items after a few miles have been clocked on. I don't see why not, these are user functions that shouldn't require access to a PADS, neither should the reset service icon be (which I still have displaying!).

I'd like to know how to reset that service icon. I have the techno research software. hooked it up and got all of the readings (I think) to show but no idea how to turn off the stupid service icon. My throttle position is set at 3.0 and seems to work decent for me. i may play with it later but right now I just want to get back riding on these few nice days left.

Yeah, I managed to get into the re-calibration mode when I was searching for the km-miles per hour selection and the 24 hour clock that I initially had control over when the bike was brand new.

Riding for ten seconds at a constant slow speed is harder than it sounds, it took me several attempts to get the system re-calibrated. Don't attempt it amongst other traffic like I tried to do!
Hi Dave,

I've been struggling with getting MGCT calibrated with no success (even though I was able to do it a couple times about a year ago) so I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong:
1. Bike is on, engine running, I go into MENU and select CALIBRATION
2. Display says CALIBRATING
3. Put into first gear take off, change into second gear
4. Run at around 18mph on a flat surface until CALIBRATING disappears and I'm shown the odometer
5. Stop and turn the engine and the bike off (take the key out, not just red switch) for at least 30 seconds.

After all that I turn the bike on and I still can't select MGCT with + or - icons. Does anything on this list look suspicious or different from what you were doing? I'd appreciate the answer very much.

Sorry WroomWroom, a little tardy I just discovered this post.

I'm currently having the same issue again, and need to do a recalibration too. This happened after resetting the learned parameters in the ECU, or it might have been just a coincidence.

At least my speedo is in kph now, it's gotta be easier (he said hopefully).

I'll report back after I've found time to do this.

Hey kiwi dave,

I didn't update this post but it turned out no recalibration was actually needed, I just had to select the correct MGCT setting :)

I seem to have misplaced my owner's manual, and am trying to figure out how to adjust the traction control.
Just out of curiosity, is it possible to completely turn it off?

yes you can deactivate, turn on key, after enter code appears MGTC should appear with your current setting press in the mode button you should see a minus sign and a plus sign press mode selector to the left to disengage or to the right to increase traction control I had to do this a couple of times as I could not get below the number one setting.

yes you can deactivate, turn on key, after enter code appears MGTC should appear with your current setting press in the mode button you should see a minus sign and a plus sign press mode selector to the left to disengage or to the right to increase traction control I had to do this a couple of times as I could not get below the number one setting.
You also get a yellow light when riding if it's turned fully off

Back