• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85 TT Info

Haha.. Thats my feel too, just read about them on net and they were said to break in another manner then steel. Like more "boom!".. but as long as keept at lower temps it should be fine.

I see it as if these things are the only concerns about the bike.. Im pretty confident about the whole package!

Ti. has become a common material used for valves in high performance engines. Some claim the lighter weight results in longer life of the valve train. I say bring it!!

Paul

Ho hum, "news" making the rounds below. Curious as to if anyone here cares(?). He lives not far from me and has been a real put-off when I see him and try to engage. The producer of the Long Way Down bought one of my first custom Guzzis forever ago... He is a great guy.

EM V85TT 1

The Hollywood star is the ambassador for the V85TT, Moto Guzzi’s all-terrain model.
The shoot for the new advertising campaign took place in southern Sardinia in the splendid setting of Is Molas.

Mandello del Lario, 29 May 2019 – Ewan McGregor is back on Moto Guzzi, his true lifelong passion. The occasion was the advertising campaign for the worldwide launch of the new Moto Guzzi V85TT, the all-terrain model that takes the Italian brand into the segment of large enduro tourers. This isn’t the first time the Hollywood star, a real favourite with the public, has associated his image and his reputation as a passionate biker with Moto Guzzi: the first chapter in this fortunate partnership dates back to 2013, in Western Australia, when Ewan was the lead for the launch of the new California 1400.

The relationship between Moto Guzzi and the Scottish actor is a genuine bond, stemming from McGregor’s love of motorcycles in general, and of Mandello del Lario bikes in particular.

The star of more than fifty movies, including blockbusters like Trainspotting, Stars Wars, Moulin Rouge, Angels and Demons, The Impossible, T2 Trainspotting, McGregor had already recounted his passion for Moto Guzzi in the road movie “Long Way Down” when he went to Mandello del Lario to visit Moto Guzzi for the first time.

A few months later he was back in the area for the 2007 Moto Guzzi World Days, and rode back to London on his white California Vintage.

Back to today and the unique relationship continues with Ewan McGregor now fronting the campaign for the launch of the Moto Guzzi V85TT, a bike that, as always, Ewan, a true biker, wanted to take out for a test ride on the road before taking up his role as the testimonial for the model.

Adding to the appeal of the campaign production was the starting location for the actor’s journey on his V85TT, the exclusive Is Molas Resort, a gem in the splendid setting of southern Sardinia. A true haven of uncontaminated natural beauty, this corner of Sardinia offers stunning views over the sea, the mountains, and the green golf courses, a unique environment that welcomed Ewan McGregor and his Moto Guzzi bike as he left and when he returned from his rides on the tarmac and dirt roads in this little patch of paradise.

The photos of McGregor and his Moto Guzzi V85TT were taken by Paolo Zambaldi for The Ad Store Italia agency headed by Natalia Borri, which produced the campaign with art director Luca Eremo.

In the two months since its arrival on the market, the V85TT is confirming the huge anticipation among bikers: more than 10,000 tests booked before the bike began shipping have been organised and requests continue to arrive on the Moto Guzzi website. All the European countries are involved in the trials; the markets leading the sales are Italy, Germany, France and the UK, where demand is exceeding the most optimistic forecasts.

The Moto Guzzi V85 TT is a classic enduro tourer, delivering cutting-edge performance and technology in a two-wheeler offering the value-rich style and tradition of Moto Guzzi. The V85 TT is based on a new technical platform and powered by an original 80 hp, 80 Nm engine, a transverse 90° V-twin with a unique construction design and riding sensation. Comfortable, easy, intuitive and featuring a state-of-the-art frame, the new V85TT is a great tourer for everyone, as satisfying to ride in daily life as it is on great adventures.

The bike offers premium standard features and a huge selection of accessories to gratify every rider, on the daily commute, off-road and for touring. Features on the standard V85TT include the ride-by-wire accelerator and traction control.

With the Moto Guzzi MIA app, riders can connect their smartphone to the bike instruments, for even greater functionality.

EM V85TT 2

Ho hum, "news" making the rounds below. Curious as to if anyone here cares(?). He lives not far from me and has been a real put-off when I see him and try to engage. The producer of the Long Way Down bought one of my first custom Guzzis forever ago... He is a great guy.

View attachment 17249

The Hollywood star is the ambassador for the V85TT, Moto Guzzi’s all-terrain model.
The shoot for the new advertising campaign took place in southern Sardinia in the splendid setting of Is Molas.

Mandello del Lario, 29 May 2019 – Ewan McGregor is back on Moto Guzzi, his true lifelong passion. The occasion was the advertising campaign for the worldwide launch of the new Moto Guzzi V85TT, the all-terrain model that takes the Italian brand into the segment of large enduro tourers. This isn’t the first time the Hollywood star, a real favourite with the public, has associated his image and his reputation as a passionate biker with Moto Guzzi: the first chapter in this fortunate partnership dates back to 2013, in Western Australia, when Ewan was the lead for the launch of the new California 1400.

The relationship between Moto Guzzi and the Scottish actor is a genuine bond, stemming from McGregor’s love of motorcycles in general, and of Mandello del Lario bikes in particular.

The star of more than fifty movies, including blockbusters like Trainspotting, Stars Wars, Moulin Rouge, Angels and Demons, The Impossible, T2 Trainspotting, McGregor had already recounted his passion for Moto Guzzi in the road movie “Long Way Down” when he went to Mandello del Lario to visit Moto Guzzi for the first time.

A few months later he was back in the area for the 2007 Moto Guzzi World Days, and rode back to London on his white California Vintage.

Back to today and the unique relationship continues with Ewan McGregor now fronting the campaign for the launch of the Moto Guzzi V85TT, a bike that, as always, Ewan, a true biker, wanted to take out for a test ride on the road before taking up his role as the testimonial for the model.

Adding to the appeal of the campaign production was the starting location for the actor’s journey on his V85TT, the exclusive Is Molas Resort, a gem in the splendid setting of southern Sardinia. A true haven of uncontaminated natural beauty, this corner of Sardinia offers stunning views over the sea, the mountains, and the green golf courses, a unique environment that welcomed Ewan McGregor and his Moto Guzzi bike as he left and when he returned from his rides on the tarmac and dirt roads in this little patch of paradise.

The photos of McGregor and his Moto Guzzi V85TT were taken by Paolo Zambaldi for The Ad Store Italia agency headed by Natalia Borri, which produced the campaign with art director Luca Eremo.

In the two months since its arrival on the market, the V85TT is confirming the huge anticipation among bikers: more than 10,000 tests booked before the bike began shipping have been organised and requests continue to arrive on the Moto Guzzi website. All the European countries are involved in the trials; the markets leading the sales are Italy, Germany, France and the UK, where demand is exceeding the most optimistic forecasts.

The Moto Guzzi V85 TT is a classic enduro tourer, delivering cutting-edge performance and technology in a two-wheeler offering the value-rich style and tradition of Moto Guzzi. The V85 TT is based on a new technical platform and powered by an original 80 hp, 80 Nm engine, a transverse 90° V-twin with a unique construction design and riding sensation. Comfortable, easy, intuitive and featuring a state-of-the-art frame, the new V85TT is a great tourer for everyone, as satisfying to ride in daily life as it is on great adventures.

The bike offers premium standard features and a huge selection of accessories to gratify every rider, on the daily commute, off-road and for touring. Features on the standard V85TT include the ride-by-wire accelerator and traction control.

With the Moto Guzzi MIA app, riders can connect their smartphone to the bike instruments, for even greater functionality.

View attachment 17248

I think it's cool when you see anyone riding our bikes just because they are rare, this one is non-existent in the states since the whole tour thing, and when a celebrity rides it then that's fun too. Wouldn't push me one way or another though.

What's more alarming to me is the video that was released of him riding and just the pointlessness of it. It almost seems like it's supposed to be one of those "too artsy to get" cologne commercials if it was only in black and white. Why is he just randomly staring off into the distance.

I only have the facebook page of the video but maybe there is a youtube one lurking -

Just a quick report. I rode the tt today having turned up at the dealership just to get my service book for the 1200 sport stamped.
First impression, what a lovely bike. Smooth, concise, refined. I just got on it turned the key pressed the button and rode it. No instruction needed. The switchgear fell intuitively to hand, no fuss no bother. Indicators push right pull left press to cancel. Every switch pretty much where you'd expect to find it except the kill switch it was just above the starter! Easy to spot though.
Saddle really comfortable for my short ride I'm booking a proper two hour ride shortly to delve further into the machine. Handling light and neutral, suspension plush with no high or low speed damping problems that I was aware of. Steering was an eye opener very responsive an absolute delight.
Engine had 118 miles on it so felt a little tight so I can't really report on throttle response or power delivery this time.
Cruise control was great really easy to use.
The guzzi mob have thought this one through.
I'm seriously interested in buying one, that's my feelings and opinion after a 30 minute ride. I'll report in more detail after a proper go.
Peter.
OK, as promised a follow up to the impressions gained during my initial quick spin.
The two hour ride became a four hour ride in very inclement conditions, there was in fact a heavy rain warning in effect. The one thing the rain stopped me doing was exploring the ground clearance that some professional journalists have said is insufficient, those views given due to switchback mountain passes in a very warm Sardinia whilst racing with each other. I doubt it will be an issue for the average Joe you don't buy an adventure bike to race on the road.
I loved the bike, it was so easy to handle, the power delivery in rain mode was superb for the conditions, maximum power is available but the delivery is softened in short not one squeaky bum moment due to throttle use during the whole ride.
Suspension out of the box was a tiny bit on the firm side at the rear the front was spot on again remember the conditions I suspect the rear would be fine and the front would need a touch more preload and rebound in the dry.
The bike holds it's line really well in sweeping bends and can be fed through tightening slower bends and accelerating from slow corners etc with gentle pressure on the rear brake. Brakes are excellent, two fingers on the front being more that adequate with the rear very easy to modulate even with my wet weather riding boots on.
Gearbox is a revelation and not just a revelation. This gearbox is on a par with any I've used, yes some are better than others but this is right up there upshifts positive and clunk free and downshifts a quick snick all helped by a super light weight clutch action, clutch in and down into first no clonk the tiniest feather of clutch to help the shift into second to limit any snatch on power delivery typical of guzzis and from there clutch free jerk free shifting. The majority of my ride was spent on A & B roads occasionally in heavy traffic with no arm/hand fatigue, brilliant.
Engine is another winner for the guzzi, what a lovely piece of kit, fueling was spot on no hunting on part throttle no popping on the overrun ride by wire connection was precise a direct link from hand to engine thrust. 80 BHP doesn't sound a lot but in truth for the way that this bike encourages you to ride it is more than enough with the powerband and seamless delivery making it one of the easiest machines to ride despite the civility of the engine it is still unmistakably a guzzi, there's no loss of soul.
The riding position helps with the ease of use, I'm 5'-11" tall with a 31.5" inside leg weighing in at 88Kg and the seat height was just about perfect, the reach to the bars and control positions all designed for me by the designers and put in just the right places with nothing too cramped or too much of a stretch. I didn't in the whole ride press anything I didn't intend to or search for anything I needed. Cruise control easy, indicators east, mode shift (fascia) easy, riding mode easy for me the ergonomics were just about perfect.
The seat when first sat on gave me the impression of being on the edge of too firm after that I never thought of it again, myV1200 seat when first sat on gives the impression of wonderfully sumptuous yet an hour later starts becoming uncomfortable.
Guzzi have put some real thought and effort into this one and I hope it becomes the big seller it deserves to be. The whole bike is just in my view a wonderful blend of poise and balance it feels 50Kg less than the kerb weight. I think it's the best looking bike I've seen in a very long time, I wanted it to be good enough to consider buying, it is and I did.
I take possession of my new V85 TT on Thursday13/06/2019, I can't wait.
Regards
Peter

Can't wait for Todd to get his mitts on one of these and re-flash it. Euro V leaned out I'd be scared. My dowdy 50 hp V9 already runs hot-ish; this thing must be piston melting hot.

Having said that, I want one. I don't see any in inventory at LA dealers.

To fellow short guy: are you sure it was really the lowest seat setting? Looking at the (always reliable ha ha) Guzzi technical data the lowest setting should be under 32". I'm "balls of feet" on my FZ1, and on most sport bikes with 33-ish inch seats. Is the seat really wide as well as tall? It's a nice looking seat.

Rep said many US dealers are sold-out. You can reserve online through MG with a paid deposit.

I'd say that's a good sign. Maybe we can stem the loss of MG dealers with a hot selling bike. I noticed my dealer sold some V9s last year, and now has a couple of '19s on the floor. Hopefully the 85 will be a hit.

OK, as promised a follow up to the impressions gained during my initial quick spin.
The two hour ride became a four hour ride in very inclement conditions, there was in fact a heavy rain warning in effect. The one thing the rain stopped me doing was exploring the ground clearance that some professional journalists have said is insufficient, those views given due to switchback mountain passes in a very warm Sardinia whilst racing with each other. I doubt it will be an issue for the average Joe you don't buy an adventure bike to race on the road.
I loved the bike, it was so easy to handle, the power delivery in rain mode was superb for the conditions, maximum power is available but the delivery is softened in short not one squeaky bum moment due to throttle use during the whole ride.
Suspension out of the box was a tiny bit on the firm side at the rear the front was spot on again remember the conditions I suspect the rear would be fine and the front would need a touch more preload and rebound in the dry.
The bike holds it's line really well in sweeping bends and can be fed through tightening slower bends and accelerating from slow corners etc with gentle pressure on the rear brake. Brakes are excellent, two fingers on the front being more that adequate with the rear very easy to modulate even with my wet weather riding boots on.
Gearbox is a revelation and not just a revelation. This gearbox is on a par with any I've used, yes some are better than others but this is right up there upshifts positive and clunk free and downshifts a quick snick all helped by a super light weight clutch action, clutch in and down into first no clonk the tiniest feather of clutch to help the shift into second to limit any snatch on power delivery typical of guzzis and from there clutch free jerk free shifting. The majority of my ride was spent on A & B roads occasionally in heavy traffic with no arm/hand fatigue, brilliant.
Engine is another winner for the guzzi, what a lovely piece of kit, fueling was spot on no hunting on part throttle no popping on the overrun ride by wire connection was precise a direct link from hand to engine thrust. 80 BHP doesn't sound a lot but in truth for the way that this bike encourages you to ride it is more than enough with the powerband and seamless delivery making it one of the easiest machines to ride despite the civility of the engine it is still unmistakably a guzzi, there's no loss of soul.
The riding position helps with the ease of use, I'm 5'-11" tall with a 31.5" inside leg weighing in at 88Kg and the seat height was just about perfect, the reach to the bars and control positions all designed for me by the designers and put in just the right places with nothing too cramped or too much of a stretch. I didn't in the whole ride press anything I didn't intend to or search for anything I needed. Cruise control easy, indicators east, mode shift (fascia) easy, riding mode easy for me the ergonomics were just about perfect.
The seat when first sat on gave me the impression of being on the edge of too firm after that I never thought of it again, myV1200 seat when first sat on gives the impression of wonderfully sumptuous yet an hour later starts becoming uncomfortable.
Guzzi have put some real thought and effort into this one and I hope it becomes the big seller it deserves to be. The whole bike is just in my view a wonderful blend of poise and balance it feels 50Kg less than the kerb weight. I think it's the best looking bike I've seen in a very long time, I wanted it to be good enough to consider buying, it is and I did.
I take possession of my new V85 TT on Thursday13/06/2019, I can't wait.
Regards
Peter
Quick heads up, I've picked the bike up it's parked outside of work and despite the weather I'm keen to get on and take the long way home.
Big thanks to the guys who made the whole experience of buying a new Guzzi from test ride to collection a very easy experience.
Jon & Mike
The scooter Cafe
Maidenhead.

Quick heads up, I've picked the bike up it's parked outside of work and despite the weather I'm keen to get on and take the long way home.
Big thanks to the guys who made the whole experience of buying a new Guzzi from test ride to collection a very easy experience.
Jon & Mike
The scooter Cafe
Maidenhead.
Congrats! Hope you’ll be one of the first to officially add you info to the Registry(!); https://guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v85tt-registry-and-pic-thread.19358/

Can anyone here confirm the V85 has a metal tank. Just wondering if I should take my magnetic tank bag to Europe for my rental ride.

Paul

Can anyone here confirm the V85 has a metal tank. Just wondering if I should take my magnetic tank bag to Europe for my rental ride.

Paul

I know the sides of the tank are plastic covered - the parts that are painted. I think the black part near the fuel cap is metal though. This is going by memory from the Long Beach Motorcycle Show.

Thanks for the replies, sad to hear that.

Paul
When mine shows up I plan to mount a Givi tank bag that clips on the fuel cap mounting.
Will confirm in a couple of weeks.

My V85TT is at the dealer just waiting for a couple of extras to arrive; ordered a fully loaded model.
Tank bag mounting looks same as Triumph and Benelli (the one I have came off my yet go be sold Amazonas and has same fuel tank cap).
Looking forward to taking delivery.
Been 7 years since I have had a Guzzi V-twin as my day to day bike though do have a few others but not every day use.

Test rides were great.
My wife confirmed pillion was comfortable.
As other testers commented it feels a very light bike even though in kg not so.

Will update when I collect.

What dealership is that Gordon? I'm curious about when these have landed.
Those clip on tank bags are a great idea but it won't work for my planned rental bike.

Paul

Back