• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Error P0105 Anyone?

theodore teo

Just got it firing!
Hi there! It's theodore from Singapore on my B11.

I've been having the Warning light and SERVICE word over-riding my computer FC mileage, Avg speed, etc. readout. When I sent it to my mechanic to do a diagnostic, they reported a P0105 error code, which apparently points to an "Air Pressure sensor" fault.

My mech said I need to get the part because he tried to check the connections, but they were not giving clear readings leading to the fault (or something to that effect). He needed me to get the sensor to make sure that it's not or it is the air pressure sensor. But when I searched to get one, there does not seem to be an air pressure sensor for the Breva. Just an air temperature sensor.

I then brought it to the MG dealer's mechanic to do his diagnostic (I didn't show him the first report I got) and he said that P0105 points to the oil pressure sensor. I startled and asked further if he was sure, because it might not be the oil pressure sensor. He said it was and they didn't have any on stock and I had to order. I told him I have 3 at home and can get them. I then probed him on the point which he then re-looked at his report and said that it could be the air pressure sensor which meant I would need to change the sensor at the throttle body and the ECU. The ECU?!! That's gonna cost me 2 grands and I'm a bit skeptical about that recommendation for now.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong, please? I've attached the photo of the initial report for you Guzzisti who are more knowledgeable about these than I am.

MG Breva v11 P0105 Error

I've also searched through and stumbled across this writeup. But I'm not sure if it relates to the Breva because it's for the 1400 Cali.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1263596/Moto-Guzzi-B043157.html?page=129

I'm quite at a loss.

I hope someone can advise me on this.

Many thanks!

Cheers
theodore

Ever since the 15M ECU Marelli has put the barometric pressure sensor in the ECU. If that fails, the only option is to replace the ECU. You may be able to get a used 5AM (from a B11 Guzzi not another make of bike as the map will be different) from a breaker. I'm not familiar with the 1400 system and they may have gone back to a separate sensor like the P8 systems had.

Some initial 15M ECUs had bad pressure sensors, particularly in the Quota model, but I've never heard of a bad one in a 5AM.

Since you have oil pressure sensors, I'd install one of those first before looking for an ECU.

Hi John

Thanks very much for your speedy response. I appreciate it.

This is a new area for me. After your reply, i went to check up a bit on what 15M and 5AM is. These are different models of ECU? And they are specifically tuned to a particular bike model even though they are used by various bike manufacturers for their bikes.

You also mentioned that i should just change the oil pressure switch since I have them because it could be the problem too. I read that crank sensors can also cause P0150 error.

I'll do that.

Hope it won't be a costly fix!!

Cheers!!
theodore

Even though different manufactures put the same basic ECU in their machines, the programming/map will be different for each application. So an ECU from a Ducati would plug into a Guzzi harness, the bike may not run at all, or at least run poorly. Also there could be different pin outs used depending on application.

I could be wrong here (and it wouldn't be the first time), but I don't think error P105 applies to a B11 Breva with a IAW 5AM ECU. This error applies to the California 1400 with the IAW 7SM ECU.

Perhaps your dealer got his workshop reports mixed up with another bike?

Hi, kiwi dave,

Thank you for your contribution.

You might be right. No, he did not attribute it to any particular ECU. He just said that the error might be related to a pressure issue. And in this case, he first suspected the Oil pressure sensor. I probed more because I've had that before and it certainly isn't the same. There's no leak at the sensor either.

I asked him about an air pressure sensor after reading the report and searching online on P0105. And after he brought the Breva in for a check, he agreed but said that there is a sensor at the TPS which needs to be changed, and also the ECU. That's all he said. And I replied that it's a darn heck of a lot of money to be going that way if the troubleshooting isn't confirmed.

I read somewhere that there is an air pressure thingy at the dash. But I can't find any clear description of it. No parts are available either. I think someone wrote something about a pin 24? (or is this totally unrelated?)

There is a peculiar part only sold by Total Parts in the Netherlands: https://www.totalparts.nl/eng/motorcycle-part/B600009DTQ/air-pressure-sensor+moto-guzzi+breva-1100. But I don't know where this fits or which part this replaces.

Two other symptoms apart from the error light and SERVICE prompt that I forgot to describe earlier:
1. a strong fuel smell when idling (running rich?), and
2. it's idling is not stable. When I drop the throttle when approaching the lights, I could cut off. I need to keep revving and blipping to keep up the rev higher than 1300rpm. sometimes, It'll be OK when at standstill. But not when slowing down.

:-(

Even though different manufactures put the same basic ECU in their machines, the programming/map will be different for each application. So an ECU from a Ducati would plug into a Guzzi harness, the bike may not run at all, or at least run poorly. Also there could be different pin outs used depending on application.

I see

There is a peculiar part only sold by Total Parts in the Netherlands: https://www.totalparts.nl/eng/motorcycle-part/B600009DTQ/air-pressure-sensor+moto-guzzi+breva-1100. But I don't know where this fits or which part this replaces.

That device is a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor also referred to as potentiometer) that is attached to one of your throttle bodies. I have no idea why Total Parts are saying it's a air pressure sensor, it's not. Do a Google search on PF1C/00 Moto Guzzi, and you'll recognize the same part. Searching for B600009DTQ part number will give the same result.

Regardless of it's description, your symptoms suggest that it could be a faulty TPS, and at €39 is extremely cheap, as long as they send you the correct part.

This is an example of the real pricing. https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/piaggio-parts/gu05112830

Good luck.

That device is a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor also referred to as potentiometer) that is attached to one of your throttle bodies. I have no idea why Total Parts are saying it's a air pressure sensor, it's not. Do a Google search on PF1C/00 Moto Guzzi, and you'll recognize the same part. Searching for B600009DTQ part number will give the same result.

Regardless of it's description, your symptoms suggest that it could be a faulty TPS, and at €39 is extremely cheap, as long as they send you the correct part.

This is an example of the real pricing. https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/piaggio-parts/gu05112830

Good luck.

Wow!

Thanks for your insight, Kiwi Dave! That's a marked difference - if it's the right part!

Back