• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III 820cc Big Bore Kit - '17-20

I...

• Love this and plan on doing it to my V7 III

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Am content with stock power

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
We just got the new GTM CNC forged weight matched 820cc pistons. These are drop-in, meaning no crank re-balancing required. Dyno info posted below.
We'll try to keep a set in stock. Click on the pic below or HERE. Yes this will require my ECU Flash Tool for a corrected map, or if you have purchased one already, map update is free with piston purchase from us.
You can have your cylinders bored and re-coated yourself, or I will try to offer a core exchange at additional cost of course.
Porting: For those who have asked, unlike the heron heads, the stock Mk III hemi cylinder head casting/porting is actually quite good, and not worth any effort to try and maximize them. Not saying small gains can’t be had, but cost wouldn’t be worth it... point of diminishing returns.
Contact me direct for more info direct email; Info at GuzziTech.com

Forged and weight matched 820cc piston on left, stock cast on right:

Dyno graph below... Same bike, bone stock 749cc (green tracers) vs. GTM 820cc (blue tracers). Both are with stock exhaust and small amount fuel tweaking. See below for the GTM 2-1 and fuel tweaked.

img_2185-jpg.13447

V7 III GTM 820 w/GTM 2-1 exhaust:

GTM V7 820R 2 1 DYNO WM

nice!...need to make future plan on travel to Calif to get you to do this...

Additional power to this little baby is always welcome :)

Ooh!

If you have a V7/V7II and you really want some power, and if you're coming down to California to have Todd do the installation, you should consider the 820cc-Quattrovalvole kit!

I would wager that the 820cc-Quattrovalvole kit delivers more power and torque than even the new 820cc kit for the V7III, but Todd only sells the 820cc-Quattrovalvole kit with installation by Guzzi-Tech. The advantage of the drop-in 820cc kit using the stock 2V Heron heads is that Todd sells those for your own installation, but if you're already thinking of coming down for a drop-in 820cc big bore kit installation...

Going together.
820 piston in, stock below.

IMG 1641

I don’t write reviews, but this time I had to--it’s that good.
I am an engineer with 15 motorcycles—3 guzzi’s--and I have a knack for finding faults but I can’t find a fault with this set up. It’s perfection!

I installed this mod on my V7-3 racer--GTM V7 820 Big Bore, GTM GP Exhaust and the GTM ECU Flash. Everyone knows the V7 is a fun bike, but with this upgrade it’s fun squared. Every twist of the wrist is happiness and satisfying. The throttle response is spot on. The power curve is straight and true. The monster torque is present everywhere. The sound of the GTM GP exhaust sound--ahhh the sound--is addicting.

I would like to thank Todd Eagan and his crew for their support and his passion for the Moto Guzzi brand. It’s really impressive what GTM does with these wonderful V-twin motors. Todd and his crew really know what they are doing. If you want to experience the passion and true performance of these wonderful engines, this is one of the mods.

Thanks Todd and GTM Crew

Hi Todd, I'm a little confused on what is in the kit.

From the description in the store, it says: Kit includes pistons, all rings, wrist pins and new larger bore metal top end gaskets and OEM base gaskets.

Particularly I was confused about: new larger bore metal top end gaskets and OEM base gaskets.

Are these just gaskets? How does it work with the need for a larger piston sleeve to work with the larger pistons? You have to machine them at your local shop?

Thank you.

Particularly I was confused about: new larger bore metal top end gaskets and OEM base gaskets. Are these just gaskets? How does it work with the need for a larger piston sleeve to work with the larger pistons? You have to machine them at your local shop?
We had larger head gaskets made originally, but we now supply them as OEM both top and bottom thanks to the V9.
The cylinders need to be bored and re-nikasil'ed, as well as re-powdercoated (the chemical process for the nikasil destroys the external black coating). This is a service we offer if you want to send your cylinders to us. Any more info, please use email direct; Todd at GuzziTech.com

We had larger head gaskets made originally, but we now supply them as OEM both top and bottom thanks to the V9.
The cylinders need to be bored and re-nikasil'ed, as well as re-powdercoated (the chemical process for the nikasil destroys the external black coating). This is a service we offer if you want to send your cylinders to us. Any more info, please use email direct; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Now it's clear, thanks for the quick response Todd.

Just got my bike back from GT with the 820 Big Bore Kit installed. The Dyno on this thread above shows exactly what you will get and more. Todd and his crew really know what they are doing. Quick and easy service.
I feel more confident knowing the bike will get out of its own way when I hit the throttle. It just keeps pulling.
I did my research and talked to other guys who had the kit on their bikes and I was convinced to upgrade.
I plan on keeping my bike so it was a no brainer for me. I commute on this bike and take it in the hills on longer weekend rides too.
Added bonus if you have an upgraded exhaust, you will notice a throatier Guzzi exhaust note too!
The bike is much safer and more fun to ride with this kit - thumbs up!

I know this has been asked a 1000 times, and the general answer is that it’s not worth the time or money, but after riding the bike last weekend I really want to know if there’s any decent gains to be had with some head work?

I already have Leo Vince pipes and a re-map which gives 53hp, so wondered if anyone has experience of trying to squeeze more power out with the new head design?

I’m of course waiting for a v85 engined roadster, bit in the meantime a bit more power would go down
nicely.

Chris, well covered here. You have to search and read. Heads are about as good as they get. Not saying a little more can’t be had, read above. Big bore is the best option. I’ve combined your question with this big bore thread. Read from the top.

So I've had my bike for a week now after Todd installed the BBK on my V7 III, I'm telling you that if you're on the fence of whether you should do it or not, don't think about it, just do it. It's night & day. Power on tap everywhere. There's no need to worry about being able to pass cagers. No downshifting, just think about it and the bike will do it. Not only that, bike runs so much smoother.
I weigh 235 pounds, and the bike still pulls like nobody's business. I can only imagine what it can do with someone lighter. Or a lighter chassis. Or some larger headers :)
I was planning on trading my V7 before I thought about doing this kit. That is no longer the case. It's a keeper.
Once again big thanks to Todd and his crew for all their work. Who know's what they're cooking up in that shop because oh my this thing rips!

I want his done. Eventually. Don't have the skill to do myself and live a couple of thousand miles away. Maybe I need to do a 2021 cross country road trip?

I want his done. Eventually. Don't have the skill to do myself and live a couple of thousand miles away. Maybe I need to do a 2021 cross country road trip?
We've done them this way. Several customers that came down from Canada, or there's always affordable bike shipping via uShip.com

Back