• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Next SoCal V7/9 Ride - Where to and when?

Wazzzzuuuuuuuup! Been busy with work, traveling etc. Need some seat time! Anybody riding this weekend!?
Per the thread link I posted, Sunday is the Rock Store.
I’ll be there, amd posting on the other thread now.

I Can Has Cheezburger?
I thought that was a Lyle Lovett reference. Let's see how many small blocks we can get to the Rock Store this weekend. You know that herding cats comment I made, right? ;)

We've had our share of interesting and strange weather here in Southern California - but it has finally turned gorgeous and perfect for riding! I was up in the San Gabriel mountains riding the Angeles Crest Highway both days this past weekend and the conditions were PERFECT!

Before it gets too hot we need to organize another V7/V9 ride ~ We can do this more than once, so start throwing out some dates, times and places and let's hit the twisties!

I'm going to throw out a teaser ride for this coming Saturday. We'll do the length of Angeles Crest Hwy, starting in Pasadena and taking the back route up to Wrightwood through the high desert and Valyermo. The short stretch between Valyermo and Big Pines is insidiously technical - so if you don't have a V7 or V9 rent Todd's V7 Stone and come and see if you can handle it ;)
... if you can, then you're in for a treat on the way down. Angeles Crest Hwy is 53 miles of sweeping turns ~ and a couple of crazy straightaways. SO MUCH fun!!!
Meet here: (Little Flower Cafe) at 10:30 AM - Sat 06.22.19 and off we go!

That's just the teaser ride - I'm doing that no matter what.
Start throwing out some dates and times, and let's do this!
IMG 0724

Before it gets too hot we need to organize another V7/V9 ride ~ We can do this more than once, so start throwing out some dates, times and places and let's hit the twisties!
I'm going to throw out a teaser ride for this coming Saturday. We'll do the length of Angeles Crest Hwy, starting in Pasadena and taking the back route up to Wrightwood through the high desert and Valyermo. The short stretch between Valyermo and Big Pines is insidiously technical - so if you don't have a V7 or V9 rent Todd's V7 Stone and come and see if you can handle it ;)
... if you can, then you're in for a treat on the way down. Angeles Crest Hwy is 53 miles of sweeping turns ~ and a couple of crazy straightaways. SO MUCH fun!!! Meet here: (Little Flower Cafe) at 10:30 AM - Sat 06.22.19 and off we go!
Thanks for posting Chris! I hope to have the V85TT soon, so this would be a great excuse to get some miles on it before it goes into RideMalibu.com rental fleet duties. This weekend is impossible for me, but let's see how many we can pull out of the woodwork. So same comment/question as before... roll call for those in L.A., O.C. or S.D. Post below and what dates you are available/interested (and committed) to ride!

I hope everyone had a chance to get out on their bikes on this weekend. The weather here in Southern California/Los Angeles on Saturday was perfect(!), but I think it was the last of our "June gloom" with the official start of summer, as even Sunday was starting to get warm and next weekend looks like it will be as well.

So, let's hear some dates and destinations! I vote for a run up the 33 from Ojai like we did a few years ago!

IMG 0750
65° at Big Pines on Saturday... 82° in Pasadena on Sunday

Based on feedback offline how does Saturday July 13th sound?
Start in Malibu, back roads up to Ojai and then 33 -> Lockwood Valley -> Frasier Park -> Pine Mountain -> 166 back to the 33 to Ojai -> Free ride home from there.
Will the V85 TT be in your hands by that date, Todd?

Based on feedback offline how does Saturday July 13th sound?
Start in Malibu, back roads up to Ojai and then 33 -> Lockwood Valley -> Frasier Park -> Pine Mountain -> 166 back to the 33 to Ojai -> Free ride home from there. Will the V85 TT be in your hands by that date, Todd?
That's too tight for me... the 85TT is *supposed* to be at the dealer on 7.10 - and I'll be going to work the day it arrives on the fueling and exhaust.

That's too tight for me... the 85TT is *supposed* to be at the dealer on 7.10 - and I'll be going to work the day it arrives on the fueling and exhaust.
Bring it out twice! Let's see what the V85 can do in it's native configuration and then we can see what it does after you work GTM magic on it!!!

So, let's do July 13th and then you propose a date for post-GTM tuning and show us the difference ;)

I want to meet up on one of these rides. Most weekends in July are pretty busy for me, but I free up at the end of the month and August is looking mostly open for now.

I want to meet up on one of these rides. Most weekends in July are pretty busy for me, but I free up at the end of the month and August is looking mostly open for now.

End of the month, meaning end of July? Or end of June?

Drop some dates. :)

I'm still campaigning for the 13th (Todd? ...bringing a stock V85???) ;)
But we can organize more than a single ride (including one in August).

Received an email 'reservation' for a ride on the 13th (July 13) - another V7 Racer (Mk I) [I'm also riding a V7 Racer ~ but with the GT-Rx 4V-820 kit], so we'll do a ride on the 13th BUT let's also schedule one for later in the summer. Later in July or sometime in August works for another V7/V9 Ride. Any particular dates that work better for people?

Received an email 'reservation' for a ride on the 13th (July 13) - another V7 Racer (Mk I) [I'm also riding a V7 Racer ~ but with the GT-Rx 4V-820 kit], so we'll do a ride on the 13th BUT let's also schedule one for later in the summer. Later in July or sometime in August works for another V7/V9 Ride. Any particular dates that work better for people?

The proposed ride on the 13th sounds like a blast - great route for sure. I won't make that one, but anytime (at least as of now) in August should work for me... Just in time for the heat...:wondering:

The proposed ride on the 13th sounds like a blast - great route for sure. I won't make that one, but anytime (at least as of now) in August should work for me... Just in time for the heat...:wondering:

Ditto here. I'm always down to join if a day gets decided and it works out I can join.

Ditto here. I'm always down to join if a day gets decided and it works out I can join.
We'll do a ride in August but we're also riding on Saturday (July 13th).

Saturday's plan is to do a run up the 33 starting from Malibu like we did before.
We'll meet up at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in Malibu (https://goo.gl/maps/1RjsfjA24fYgP6r97) and head north.
Meet up time TBD ~ but it will be sometime in the morning so that we have plenty of time to make it to Ojai and then venture north on the 33 to the junction with Lockwood Valley Rd (https://goo.gl/maps/TVtuTBsESdoWMkpo9) where we'll take a right and head toward Frazier Park (https://www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi1243128089). From the FP we'll head west on the 95/Hudson Ranch Rd and then loop back on the 33 to Ojai ~ maybe stopping at the Pistachio Farm on the way back. One of the best roads in Southern California!
Hope to see you there!

Back