• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM E4 V85TT Exhaust NOW WITH DYNO RUN

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Dyno graph below showing 80(!) rwhp with our GTM TT Werks Full system with the long Meg, DIY open air box with high-flow filter and RB EVO Fuel Kit w/GTM SAS Kit.

Proto Full System with Short Meg:
GTM V85TT Werks FS

GTM Stepped Header system eliminates the silly covers. Skid plate stays:
A9AEB39B 7FD8 4BAF 8041 29CDF167A13B

Short Meg:
GTM-V85TTMeg-SideShrt_ba7325fb-159b-4c7b-8211-7aa91e15fe70_2000x.jpeg

Long Meg:
GTM-V85TTMeg-SideLng_43c3422f-d879-4b0f-82ae-bab228d8a7b2_2000x.jpeg

Axis Dyno Full Kit 80 rwhp! GTM Full Werks Exhaust Long muffler (above), GTM RB EVO Kit, GTM SAS Kit with DIY open air box lid and high-flow filter (all available linked above):
784241F3 4B6E 4618 967E 4061474C7E32

DIY open airbox lid with high-flow filter element:
2CFA4423 06C3 4A34 8AE9 F070FFD0B937

Interest from those who have or will be getting a V85TT?

That looks nice. The finished product will look absolutely bitchin no doubt. Can't wait to see and hear the longer one with a cat delete.

Are you thinking of diversifying the design or will it just be one exhaust type?

How much gains in horsepower and torque do you except to see with a full exhaust system and a PCV?

That looks nice. The finished product will look absolutely bitchin no doubt. Can't wait to see and hear the longer one with a cat delete.
Are you thinking of diversifying the design or will it just be one exhaust type?
How much gains in horsepower and torque do you except to see with a full exhaust system and a PCV?
Thanks, and diversifying how so? For the small few that will buy mine, I really can't spread my resources too thin. Everyone will likely forego mine for a bigger name brand, despite lesser quality and no dyno info.
Power gains: Based on my two decades of Guzzi dyno work, getting them to the crank rated power is pretty easy, so 80 rwhp. We shall see just how stifled this motor is here soon. Dyno info to come when done and the fueling kit sorted, which will take some time, as no one seems to have full access to the ECU yet.

Thanks, and diversifying how so? For the small few that will buy mine, I really can't spread my resources too thin. Everyone will likely forego mine for a bigger name brand, despite lesser quality and no dyno info.
Power gains: Based on my two decades of Guzzi dyno work, getting them to the crank rated power is pretty easy, so 80 rwhp. We shall see just how stifled this motor is here soon. Dyno info to come when done and the fueling kit sorted, which will take some time, as no one seems to have full access to the ECU yet.

Have you seen the "big brands" you mentioned? Except for maybe one, they all look pretty horrible... That's a subjective matter, I understand, however; you need to actually be blind in one eye and have 90% cataract in the other eye to like the big brand designs over the GT-Rx design, even in its unfinished prototype phase.

I'll be waiting for the dyno results and the full exhaust system then. 80rwhp sounds nice.

Is the new pipe going to allow a normal pannier on the LHS, rather than having to extend outwards to avoid the existing silencer?

I'd like to see a photo of the rear from directly behind.

Have you seen the "big brands" you mentioned? Except for maybe one, they all look pretty horrible... That's a subjective matter, I understand, however; you need to actually be blind in one eye and have 90% cataract in the other eye to like the big brand designs over the GT-Rx design, even in its unfinished prototype phase.
I'll be waiting for the dyno results and the full exhaust system then. 80rwhp sounds nice.
I sure have! And to me, they are all painfully bad recycles.
Yes, I'm anxious to dig in. The ECU is in fact the same type as the California 1400 - with ride-by-wire of course.

Is the new pipe going to allow a normal pannier on the LHS, rather than having to extend outwards to avoid the existing silencer?
I'd like to see a photo of the rear from directly behind.
Dave, I’ll snap one tomorrow. The stock muffler bolts to the outside of the mount, mine bolts to the inside as you see. I’m pretty sure mine is significantly inward. I also didn’t need to crush the connector pipe down like they did stock. My goal was to allow a symmetrically balanced bag set, yes.

Todd,

Is there anything reasonable that can be done to the stock exhaust or cat that will cause a decent / adequate exhaust tone? Or is it too much of a hassle?

Something temporary until you're done with the exhaust system options.

Is there anything reasonable that can be done to the stock exhaust or cat that will cause a decent / adequate exhaust tone? Or is it too much of a hassle?
Something temporary until you're done with the exhaust system options.
Nothing simple or easy, no. I guess I would start with just the Y-pipe, which is available now on the STORE link above.

Nothing simple or easy, no. I guess I would start with just the Y-pipe, which is available now/soon. I should have one of mine ready to ship late next week.

I'll have to wait then. Shipping costs of several parts individually will probably cost as much as a muffler.

Also, removable baffle?

I would like to see and hear the full exhaust (headers + y pipe + long muffler for bags). Will it have a removable baffle?
I'll can't show the long version until one is ordered. We dyno develop the muffler and db, so it would not be removable, however all of my systems have a nice deep sound and deliver great power.

Full system prototype pic below. All pieces are modular and can fit the stock parts, including headers... however, the GTM headers and Y-pipe for the full system are larger diameter, so those would need to be ordered as a set. Muffler will fit stock or GTM Y. I’ll put the order page up in the next day or so. Based on the poll, looks like little interest right now, so they will be built to paid order only.

View attachment 17680

I see the skid plate for the headers are not installed. Is that just for photographic reasons or will they not fit due to the larger diameter?

Have you had any luck with the tuning process? I would like to place an order for the full system + long muffler but I'm waiting on tuning updates as well.

Thank you Todd. Great looking exhaust btw.

I see the skid plate for the headers are not installed. Is that just for photographic reasons or will they not fit due to the larger diameter?
Have you had any luck with the tuning process? I would like to place an order for the full system + long muffler but I'm waiting on tuning updates as well.
Thank you Todd. Great looking exhaust btw.
Skid plate is still on. The silly header covers where they drop down to the tiny 1.5"/38mm diameter would not be reused, as those are just cosmetic covers.

Skid plate is still on. The silly header covers where they drop down to the tiny 1.5"/38mm diameter would not be reused, as those are just cosmetic covers.
Tuning will take some time as they changed the Diag plug along with a new ECU for this bike. I will only sell the full system once I have the fueling resolved. For now, I will sell the Y-pipe and muffler.
Welcome otherwise. I'll update this thread as we go.

Alright, sounds good then.

I'll purchase the Y-pipe and muffler or possibly just the muffler until the tuning is done.

Just some clarification, please. You mentioned that the Y pipe and headers will be sold as a set since they are of larger diameter. Does that mean your Y pipe will not fit the stock headers?

Will Y-pipe + muffler combo cause deterimental leaning issues or would the bike be fine?

Just some clarification, please. You mentioned that the Y pipe and headers will be sold as a set since they are of larger diameter. Does that mean your Y pipe will not fit the stock headers?
I will offer two versions for the Y:
1. One to fit stock headers and stock or aftermarket mufflers, or;
2. A larger diameter inlet on the one only used with my full header system.

Will Y-pipe + muffler combo cause deterimental leaning issues or would the bike be fine?
Several companies are offering the combo right now, but they have quite restrictive mufflers. Since I haven't yet seen any air/fuel data, I will say that it likely leans the motor out even more, which I say is detrimental until the fueling is fixed. That won't stop anyone else from buying the big name versions though of course.

Stock bash plate with my prototype stepped header system, without the silly cover hiding the ugly/puny sized section of stock headers.

View attachment 17687

I actually like the cover. I mean I don't hate it, it looks fine to me but to each his own.

Waiting on your sound clips! Can't wait to hear her burble with a proper exhaust.

Back