• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

importing my breva 1100 from bulgaria to uk

Ian Toy

Tuned and Synch'ed
Iam not sure if this is right place to post this. Iam English and moved over to live in bulgaria about 8 years ago Iam now going to move back to UK next year. I want to take my Breva with me is there any English on here that have done this and know the procedure. I have looked on internet and it is very confusing and what the value of the bike is worth might not be viable unless I keep it for ever.

yes I know ,what I need to know is about UK reg looked on government site might have to pay vat for import and think it will need SVA test.It will alsoneed a certificate of conformity also.

yes I know ,what I need to know is about UK reg looked on government site might have to pay vat for import and think it will need SVA test.It will alsoneed a certificate of conformity also.

You might want to check with the official importer for the UK. Based on VIN it may meet conformity much like acceptance in the US.

I imported my Breva from Germany into the UK a few years back. I speek from memory, so this is what I remember.
Certificate of conformity wasn't an issue then, but I believe it is today. You will have to get one from Guzzi, if you don't have it. Probably not cheap.
For vehicles over 10 years of age there is/was no tax to be paid.
You need an new valid UK MOT,
the original papers (Bulgarian, in your case) to send to the DVLA ,
a Certificate of Motor Insurance,
an address where you live -the bike is going to be registered in your name to this address.
As for MOT think about your headlamp, either change it to lefthand traffic, or, if your driving much on the continent and want to keep it you can tape it off, that is still accepted.
They want to know the value of the bike.
And maybe somethings I don't remember.
But it was easy enough. I managed.

What the changes are going to be after Brexit - who knows?!
Good luck.

Edit:
The DVLA sends you an import pack with all the necessary forms to fill out and a helpform how to do it.
You fill everything in, get the papers ready and the checque, which is the amount of tax for the first year and their fee.
You can apply for the pack online.

Last edited:
I imported my Breva from Germany into the UK a few years back. I speek from memory, so this is what I remember.
Certificate of conformity wasn't an issue then, but I believe it is today. You will have to get one from Guzzi, if you don't have it. Probably not cheap.
For vehicles over 10 years of age there is/was no tax to be paid.
You need an new valid UK MOT,
the original papers (Bulgarian, in your case) to send to the DVLA ,
a Certificate of Motor Insurance,
an address where you live -the bike is going to be registered in your name to this address.
As for MOT think about your headlamp, either change it to lefthand traffic, or, if your driving much on the continent and want to keep it you can tape it off, that is still accepted.
They want to know the value of the bike.
And maybe somethings I don't remember.
But it was easy enough. I managed.

What the changes are going to be after Brexit - who knows?!
Good luck.
thanks

One of the problems you will have (apart from converting to left hand drive ;-) ) is the speedo. Yours will have the dial calibrated in kilometers, and now in the UK it must show MPH.

The actual cost of registering is not so much. But transportation will cost.

fou
One of the problems you will have (apart from converting to left hand drive ;-) ) is the speedo. Yours will have the dial calibrated in kilometers, and now in the UK it must show MPH.

The actual cost of registering is not so much. But transportation will cost.
found a place in Germany that can do the clock faces in mph ,have to take clocks to bits but not to much of a problem. New clock face £40.00

Back