• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 Bobber setup for heavy eqpmt - volunteer roadside assistance

Hey All,

Hoping I can get the help I need for a volunteer project I do.

Background on Bike - First bike, v9 Bobber all stock, has been awesome. Mostly city commute.

I volunteer to help people with roadside emergencies like a boost, flat tire changes, car lockout etc

I am trying to come up with a bag system and kit for the bike. I would like to carry the tools I need including a 3 ton hydraulic jack (60plus lbs), a 1/2 impact wrench and socket set, a gb70 lithium booster pack, and misc breaker bar, mallet etc.

I know these are bulky and heavy and can't figure out a proper setup. Would appreciate any help on size, type and ways to position the weight! As this is volunteer, hoping not to spend a ton either, so appreciate any bang for buck thoughts as well.

Thanks!
Michael

Last edited:
Hey All, Hoping I can get the help I need for a volunteer project I do. Background on Bike - First bike, v9 Bobber all stock, has been awesome. Mostly city commute.
Hi Michael, first, congrats on the V9, and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. Hope you’ll post your info on the Registry; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v9-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.16400/

Secondly, very nice gesture in volunteer work. Good on you.
What do you weigh? You may likely be taxing the suspension in stock trim. If you want to add that kind of weight, a suspension upgrade is mandatory. Email me direct for more; info at guzzitech.com

For a rear rack, I may be of help there also... however a local welder might be more cost effective.

Post often with pics on your journey.

Thanks. Attempted to post to the registry from my phone. Hope it worked. I weigh around 170 so should have a bit of leeway with the gear hopefully. Was thinking maybe some side cases and a large bag across the seat and over the cases to keep the jack in. I figure around 100 pounds of gear and whatever fits in the side cases would be put there to keep the weight lower. Hoping to do this for a few months until the ice shows up here in NYC (car only at that point).

Neat volunteering you do, I bet you've been a welcome site to lots of folks. As you said, heaviest items on the seat lashed down tight to avoid any shifting. Givi offer a set of substantial side carriers for the Roamer, you might contact Givi USA to see if they'll work on the Bobber. Good luck!

Sarah

Welcome & kudos for what you do.

Whatever system you use just remember to be flexible when deciding what goes where.
Trying to decide what goes where while sitting at home is going to be different than when items are needed when needed.
Heavy stuff like the jack should be kept lower.

May want to consider a solo seat with a stout flat rack & box in passenger area to keep the weight forward & low.

Thanks all. Good call on the accessibility. Will sometimes have 3-4 calls in a row and have to access a variety of tools.

Since the jack is the heaviest piece, it's going to be hard to fit that on the side. Thinking I may be best off with side cases that I can lay the jack across the bike and resting on the cases. Wish I could find a better jack that is not so heavy and large but suv's usually need a sizeable jack.

edit: Would just add that I will probably want to take the power tools/expensive items with me when I park near my office in the city and have something decent to lock up on the bike for the rest of the items.

I will try to lay out the basic items I carry and take a picture to upload.

Last edited:
Thinking I may be best off with side cases that I can lay the jack across the bike and resting on the cases. Wish I could find a better jack that is not so heavy and large but suv's usually need a sizeable jack.
Some hydraulic jacks can get air locked if they are stored laying down, It can take a long time for the fluid to settle & the jack to be usable.

Update and slight rant: I used a leather briefcase I had and was able to fit in a Noco GB70 booster, a Milwaukee 1/2" cordless impact, a set of 1/2" sockets, breaker bar, car lock out kit and used whatever jack the vehicle needing assistance had until I could come up with a solution for a heavy jack.

Genius that I am, I bought a pair of Rok Straps to hold it in place over the back of the bike (no rack) - and one ripped this morning - leaving my gear somewhere on a street in brooklyn, or perhaps the battery tunnel - end rant...

Gotta buy new gear - and a rack of sorts with hopefully better results

One of those live and learn things, we've all been there. Know anybody with a milk crate? I'm not kidding.

Sarah

Back