• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

I picked up a used V 7 iii Special with 990 miles on it. I believe the original owner purchased it in May 2017 from EuroCycle Las Vegas and then took it to Utah. The first service was never done and since there is no dealer in Utah I would either have to take it to Vegas, or do it myself. I was able to easily do it myself thanks to all the great info I found here! The video showing the valve adjustment procedure was especially helpful. Thanks Todd! I will be doing the fuel filter swap next. After a few more miles, I'll see what I think about flashing the ECU. But there's no doubt I need better suspension first!

ZGULDUA04HM000141 my DOP was 9/21/19 @Satch Draper, UT

BE841B12 3A44 44CC A7AC E4201FD93872

I'm usually reluctant to post specifics to the web, but I'll add the VIN in the spirit of supporting the community. No pics of me though, I don't think the bike looks the same as all the others-- though the differences are pretty subtle.
What do you think of the GIVI fairing? Is it reasonably quiet, well mounted?

I traded a 2016 yamaha xsr900 for a 2018 moto guzzi v7 ii rough yesterday.
Congrats! Love to hear on what made you make that step. The 900-3 is a wonderful powerhouse mill. Boring bike otherwise.
Hope you’ll post your VIN# and related for the first post of this thread. Thanks for the pic, and post often!

Congrats! Love to hear on what made you make that step. The 900-3 is a wonderful powerhouse mill. Boring bike otherwise.
Hope you’ll post your VIN# and related for the first post of this thread. Thanks for the pic, and post often!

I edited my post with the vin and additional information.

The XSR900 was a great bike but my wife has been riding with me more lately and the bike wasn't great for two people. Plus, my heart has been with Moto Guzzi for a long time. Almost bought a Griso way back and then a V7 in 2016.

I edited my post with the vin and additional information.

The XSR900 was a great bike but my wife has been riding with me more lately and the bike wasn't great for two people. Plus, my heart has been with Moto Guzzi for a long time. Almost bought a Griso way back and then a V7 in 2016.

Mark,

Congrats on the purchase, nice to see you finally made the journey into the light.

I was at the shop on Saturday and saw a XSR900 sitting out front with a few other used bikes.
John said it was a trade for a V7.

Guess it maybe time for a breakfast/lunch meet & greet.

Someday i have to get my Stone listed here.

Gerry

What do you think of the GIVI fairing? Is it reasonably quiet, well mounted?

By quiet, do you mean wind buffeting, or bracketry?
I didn't think it was doing much for wind management, perhaps because I changed helmets at the same time that I installed the faring. I just took my Victory out a couple days ago without any wind protection, and decided the GIVI is actually making a difference. No buffeting, some creaking- the hardware is anodized by the looks as are the brackets, which are very sturdy. They are sturdy in a slightly different position than I'd prefer, however, and I did have to shim the very bottom mounting point out of concern for the tension that fully tightening that fastener would put on the faring without a little spacer. That's bearing in mind that I have to ride year round and I assume it will get more brittle in the thick of winter. And also that the urban roads I"m traversing are rutted, heaved and under construction causing traction control to activate repeatedly on any given ride, on "1". It's a complete kit with brackets for relocating the turn signals. Had mine painted to match and then used automotive front-end protective vinyl to make the stripes.

maybe as soon as tomorrow. Took the Ride Rite class up in Corona a few weeks ago, which allowed me to forgo the riding test at DMV. Took my written test today and got my paper license today. I really want either a Carbon Dark V7 or one of the black or grey V9's. I am only 5'7", so think the lighter and smaller the bike, the better. I worry about the V7 Carbon Dark foot pegs dragging on corners, is that a big deal? Would a Racer be better, assuming the foot pegs are in a different position, or a V9?

Dave

I literally got my license today, and want a bike for Sunday riding around SoCal. I live in Temecula, and can get to the desert, Palm Springs, the ocean, the mountains and Palomar Mountain all without getting on a freeway. I want the bike for nice leisurely rides under 55 mph. I like the V7 Carbon Dark, a lot! I just wonder about the foot pegs, and how low they are and dragging them, and with the engine position, how hot it will be in CA? I like the V9 Bobbers too, the black and yellow one, but I am short, 5'7", and think smaller and lighter is the way to go? Any input?

Hi dave - I haven't hit my foot pegs yet, and have road the Snake on Mulholland and Angeles Crest HWY2. I have rode on the freeways and my V7 III Carbon Dark is loving it. I have made some little modifications, GTM Megs exhaust, Dart Marlin FlyScreen, Rizoma AZ403B Bar Risers which you may or may not consider to personalize for yourself. I am 5'.7" and the bike fits and rides real nice for me. The exhaust gives it the Guzzi note it deserves. It is A FUN BIKE! I have owned many bikes and always wanted a Moto Guzzi. GP Cycles in SD has a some great deals on the V7's now. - Good luck with your decision!

As a new rider, you won't or shouldn't be dragging foot pegs anytime in the foreseeable future. Your biggest concern should be seat height because of your small size. Yes, size matters! :eek:

As a new rider, you won't or shouldn't be dragging foot pegs anytime in the foreseeable future. Your biggest concern should be seat height because of your small size. Yes, size matters! :eek:
Totally agree with Raven, also if you are close to Todd you may wish to consider doing a tutorial ride with him.

RayT, how is the heat from the engine? I think the bike looks amazing.

All i can compare it to is my other V-twin, and the heat is completely negligible on the Moto Guzzi. I never ride in shorts, but I really don't feel radiated heat unless I make a point of reaching out for it at idle. This is in mid-Atlantic US summer weather, so it was a concern of mine when shopping, too. The Victory, on the other hand, wich relies heavily on air cooling via the cylinder jugs but also has a small oil cooler up front, radiates a ton of heat. It's also North of 1600 cc's, so there's some physics at play...but night and day. And reverse of what i"d prefer, I like the Victories exothermal trait in the winter, but the Guzzi's ABS in the winter..

RayT, how is the heat from the engine? I think the bike looks amazing.

Heat is not an issue on my V7. During our last hot heat wave in SoCal this past month. I only felt a little heat from the engine at red lights. Then again, it was 98-101F during the days and I do ride with boots, long pants and armored leather jacket. Cheers!

Thanks guys (and gals), going to check one out today. Once I buy a bike, I will get some boots and a jacket for riding, and never wear shorts.....has anyone thought about adding a factory tach?

Last edited:
Back