• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

The Carbon Dark is very pretty ... I like the red valve covers a lot. :) The seating position is wrong for me, I'm taller with a long torso and the Racer fits me perfectly. Seat height on either is about the same and short enough that even my friends on the short biker list (yes, there is such a thing!) have no problem holding up my Racer at a stop (although they have some problem reaching the bars comfortably...).

The only time I have ever felt hot from the engine on a Moto Guzzi is when I'm sitting at a long traffic light or in crawling traffic on a hot day. Then the hot air rising from the engine can inevitably be felt.

I ALWAYS wear proper protective gear when riding. I feel naked without it. Good shoes/boots, sturdy pants/overpants with impact padding on knees and hips, a properly cut motorcycle jacket with protection, good gloves, and a properly fitted helmet. This adds a big lump to the cost of buying a motorcycle at the beginning, if you don't already have the gear, but it lasts for years and years if you buy quality stuff. And it keeps you safer and more comfortable.

G

"Retired rider but the bike still ain't sold. I'm not sure this is a bad thing... :)"

So, I went to GP and their Carbon Dark had sold. I was bummed. Drove to Glendale to look at the only other one is SoCal, and loved it, but I felt they wanted about a grand more than everyone else. Called Elk Grove, and then got an email from GP, so, there is still hope! I am a new biker, and this is the only bike out that really speaks to me...if I do not get this one, will probably see what MG does for the 100 year anniversary, or buy a new, but year old Racer or Special. Thanks for all the info and assistance.....keep your fingers crossed that GP can get one, and that MG extends their special financing!

Someone once told me that 'you always miss the first one'...it helps you be primed to take decisive action next time....usually that works ot OK, haha.
Worth noting- there is (or was) a VERY sorted Racer in the classified section here. Didn't recheck for availability or price point or geography, but shipping bikes is cheap and the bike and seller are known entitities to the forum sponsor.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/2017-moto-guzzi-v7iii-racer-0096-for-sale.19935/

OC Motorcycles had a 17 racer that was brand new, and I was tempted, but got my license a week too late. It was a great price! almost half what the new 2020 is listed for. I just like the look of the Carbon and think I like the riding position better. I have a Boss Mustang, so I have a fast car, do not need a fast bike, although I am sure the V7 in any form is no slouch.

So, I went to GP and their Carbon Dark had sold. I was bummed. Drove to Glendale to look at the only other one is SoCal, and loved it, but I felt they wanted about a grand more than everyone else. Called Elk Grove, and then got an email from GP, so, there is still hope! I am a new biker, and this is the only bike out that really speaks to me...if I do not get this one, will probably see what MG does for the 100 year anniversary, or buy a new, but year old Racer or Special. Thanks for all the info and assistance.....keep your fingers crossed that GP can get one, and that MG extends their special financing!

Be patient and get the bike you want.
I had an old roommate, first time rider... and he rushed out and got a bike he was not happy with.

Good luck. I bought my first bike back in April from the fine folks down at GP. I went in planning to get a Stone, but left with the Carbon shine. Thought about the Carbon dark too.

The V7 is a great first bike. Just take it easy until you get really comfortable with it. I would go to empty parking lots and practice slow speed handling several times a week when I first got mine, slowly venturing out further from home. Last weekend took my first long trip and went to Vegas for the weekend. It’s a very comfortable bike even on the longer runs. Lots of fun too.

Best of luck in your search. The used one mentioned above is a great deal. If I It was available when I was looking I would probably jump on it.

Looks like GP will be able to get me one, pretty stoked. I plan on taking short rides through my neighborhood and down some side streets, I have some great beginner routes planned out that are near me. I like the Carbon Shine too, I bet it glows out in the sun. I will keep you all posted. Has anyone put the Racer rear suspension on the Carbon Dark? Would think it would work nicely, especially if they offer it in red.

I put a deposit down on the Carbon Dark, it is coming from the Dallas Warehouse, and should be here in a couple of weeks. I got the 0% financing, and took a little cash out of my 401k to pay off the small CC bill I have, and to pay for the insurance up front. I am pretty stoked. I will be riding, after a little time in town and around town under my belt, the Ortega Highway, or the State 74 from Lake Elsinore to Orange County, the back way out to Palm Desert, I know this way very well, could probably drive it with my eyes closed from all the Mustang drives, Up to Palomar Observatory, out too Salton Sea, up to Idyllwild......

Last edited:
I put a deposit down on the Carbon Dark. it is coming from the Dallas Warehouse, and should be here in a couple of weeks. I got the 0% financing, and took a little cash out of my 401k to pay off the small CC bill I have, and to pay for the insurance up front. I am pretty stoked. I will be riding, after a little time in town and around town under my belt, the Ortega Highway, or the State 74 from Lake Elsinore to Orange County, the back way out to Palm Desert, I know this way very well, could probably drive it with my eyes closed from all the Mustang drives, Up to Palomar Observatory, out too Salton Sea, up to Idyllwild......
Congrats! Hope you'll add your info to the Registry when you have it; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/ -- exciting times ahead.
If you make it over to the Coast side of Ortega, my shop isn't too far away from Cook's Corner in Orange.
I held monthly rides meeting at the LookOut on Ortega for years. I know your area extremely well also, all the way out to the Salton sea and well beyond. Many riders here have a lifetime of riding SoCal & NorCal under their belts. Look forward to meeting you. Exciting times ahead.

My wife and I went to La Moto Washington in Arlington, Va Monday, 9/30/19 and purchased our 2018 V7 III Stone.
ZGULDU006JM000729

Rode it 100 miles home to Pennsylvania. My only issue was finding it impossible to get it in neutral, but after adjusting the slop in the clutch lever it works pretty well now!

20191004 113941 20191004 122854 1570216432311

My wife and I went to La Moto Washington in Arlington, Va Monday, 9/30/19 and purchased our 2018 V7 III Stone.
ZGULDU006JM000729

Rode it 100 miles home to Pennsylvania. My only issue was finding it impossible to get it in neutral, but after adjusting the slop in the clutch lever it works pretty well now!
View attachment 18260 View attachment 18261

I like the blacked out look. How was the ride on the freeway? Do you like the mirrors or are you going to look at the end of handlbar ones?

Dave
Moto Enguzziast

I like the blacked out look. How was the ride on the freeway? Do you like the mirrors or are you going to look at the end of handlbar ones?

Dave
Moto Enguzziast

She did fine on the freeway.
I don't necessarily like the "look" of the mirrors sticking up so high, but I think for practical purposes I'll probably just leave the stock ones.

I dont really have many mods in mind since I think these bikes are quite beautiful as they come from the factory.

My wife would appreciate some kind of seat back, sissy bar kind of thing since she rides with me more often than not, but the options are kind of limited.

ZGULDU006JM000729

View attachment 18260 View attachment 18261

Nice bike!
I think most V7 III bikes need the neutral switch adjustment. Mine had the same issue.
enjoy & ride safe!

Back