• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

BB TONTI REGISTRY and pic thread

1975 850-T VIN:93553

Guzzi_850T_2019_10_11_1024_768.jpg

I've had it about 10 years now. 43,500 miles according to the clock. Previous owner converted the front to dual disks.

1975 850-T VIN:93553
Thanks for posting. Love seeing the old Guzzis alive and in use, nice.
I also have fond memories of riding in the Mid Atlantic area. I'm originally from SE Balto Co... however I've been in SoCal now ~1/2 of my riding life. Post often!

just joined, and got a 2004 cali stone. impulse buy.
zgukdc4203m111764. import from italy i was told.
had a spada 20 years ago.

IMG 20200416 092323

just joined, and got a 2004 cali stone. impulse buy. zgukdc4203m111764. import from italy i was told. had a spada 20 years ago.
Congrats! They're all "imports from Italy." ;)
If it's sat for any amount of time, best to spend the time to remove and clean the entire fuel delivery system, and replace in the in-tank fuel filter, as well as have the fuel injectors professionally cleaned (most diesel shops can do it). From there, you'll have to learn how to clean and set up the throttle position sensor (TPS). All of this is well covered on this Forum, so spend the time to look around and search. Enjoy it, sure you will. They are great machines and far superior to your old Spada in many ways (but I bet you still wish you owned that one too!).

I sold my 1985 LeMans about two years ago to a good friend of mine here in Raleigh, and I guess seeing this bike again a couple of days ago rekindled the LeMans flame deep within! :) Make a long story short: I bought me a 9.6k original miles 1987 Moto Guzzi LeMans 1000SE earlier today.

Here is a little history of the Moto Guzzi Lemans SE, which I copied from "Raresportbikesforsale"

The 1987 Moto Guzzi Le Mans 1000 SE (Special Edition) was a limited run of motorcycles based on the Series II Le Mans 1000. Built in honor of the 20th anniversary of the release of the V7, it has evolved into a collector’s bike particularly desired by Guzzistas. Only 100 examples of the Moto Guzzi Le Mans 1000 SE made it to the United States. Of however many still remain, plenty are in museums and private collections, so a purchasing opportunity like this can be quite rare.

All of the Special Editions had the red and white paint scheme, with distinctive aspects including a red seat, and red wheels. Cosmetic differences were many, though the mechanical differences were few. Engines were untouched, though the acceleration was boosted as the transmissions were geared closer than the standard Le Mans.

The Le Mans 1000 (sometimes referred to as the Le Mans IV) entered production in 1984 and was made until 1993 in two series. This was a quite different looking motorcycle although still unmistakably a “Guzzi”. The seat was changed and flowed in an upward curve from the fuel tank. The half fairing grew a belly pan and the riding position was made a little more upright for touring.

The cockpit instrument panel was mounted in the fairing which had been developed in the Mandello del Lario wind tunnel. Engine capacity of the Le Mans 1000 was increased to 949cc with 40mm pumper Dell’Orto PHM 40 carburettors to ensure an adequate fuel air supply to that larger engine. This bike was also fitted as standard with the B10 camshaft originally used in the factory production racing model and had larger valves. The Le Mans 1000 was also fitted with a new Valeo starter. The frame of the bike remained much the same as the previous models but with a modified steering head and altered rear.

I'm driving up to NH in two weeks to pick up and take this LeMans to her new stable here in Raleigh, NC, which is currently full to capacity of mostly 1100 Sports.... I'm pretty sure that they all will get along just fine! :)

Fullsizeoutput 22c34

Fullsizeoutput 22c36

Fullsizeoutput 22c37

Fullsizeoutput 22c39

Fullsizeoutput 22c3c

This is what this bike would look like with the original red seat installed. I'm getting the original eat with this bike, and I'm pretty sure that I will re-install it on my new bike.
20190418 1987 moto guzzi le mans 1000se left 730x487

VIN: ZGUKDD0063M133523 2003 California Titanium Purchased May 2020 in Idaho, 8771 mi. Currently in Kent, WA
Excellent, thanks for posting and welcome to the GT Forum. Is this your first Guzzi?

Hi, do you know the manufacturer of the windscreen, looking for my 2003 California SS?
All discontinued from every model they offered it on, including the mounting brackets. I might have one in carbon fiber I'd let go, but not cheap. Write me direct email if interested; Info at GuzziTech.com

Excellent, thanks for posting and welcome to the GT Forum. Is this your first Guzzi?
Yep, although I've been around them for a while. I first started looking at them around 2006 or so, but a new bike was not in the cards then. I was considering a Cal Vintage in 2012, but there were none to be found to even test ride then (wasn't aware of the model transition going on until later), so I ended up with a Triumph Thunderbird for a while (great engine, good handling, not enough cornering clearance). I finally decided I wanted one again, but Cal Vintages don't come up very often, and the ones that have are either too far away (especially right now), get sold before I can look, or I email and call about and don't get a reply back. This one fits what I was looking for - a Guzzi to start with, something more basic and stripped down for going into the city or riding locally or overnight, and has a different feel to it than my Triumph Trophy.

VIN#ZGUKDBKD1YM151410 - Kevin Onarecker, Murrieta CA - D.O.P. 2-2020 from 2nd owner in Oakland, CA. 6161 miles at purchase. Was stored outside and required a complete rebuild to fix mechanical and cosmetic damage.
Congrats Kevin, and thanks for posting. I have a particular soft spot for the Jackal as it was my first Guzzi; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/resources/todds-jackal-evolution.235/ -- I spent a TON of miles in your area early last decade until life pulled me North to L.A. Hope to chat you in person soon, and if you need anything, my shop is in Orange. Click on the SERVICE tab above.
Hope you post often.
p.s. Just noticed the all black motor, trans and cylinders/heads. Did you do that or the previous owner? Curious if it's the original motor?

Hi Todd - thanks for the response and I am already familiar with your shop. When I was there you buzzed in very quickly - I think you were on your way to lunch. I was there to pick up the shocks you so graciously received for me from Mike at the Shock Factory.

Great shop - it was a pleasure seeing it. And, if you come out this way give a shout out and I'll look forward to joining you. As you know, there are lots of great riding roads out here.

So, this absolutely beautiful gem was passed down to me from my father when he passed. It was by FAR, his favorite bike of all. I can’t tell you how absolutely smooth this bike is. I would never sell it but am wondering what it is worth. I know that only about 200 were made in Italy and only around 50 were brought to the U.S. during that timeframe. This color scheme was especially rare and they are very hard to come by and this puppy is in great shape and she loves the corners!

93779D13 C3E5 4C9C 8D2E CB7173879996 EFDC10A0 E879 4777 88C4 6D99E1090D4E 23091024 1259 41EA 9640 031EC95C6698

So, this absolutely beautiful gem was passed down to me from my father when he passed. It was by FAR, his favorite bike of all.
Hi Scott, welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. She sure is a beauty. Show bikes can fetch upwards of $8000-10k+ to the right buyer or at auction. Mostly they go for ~$6000-8000 in well ridden but very good running condition.
Hope you'll add the VIN# and related for the first post of this thread, and hope to see you posting here often. Enjoy it. Sure your Dad is smiling down on you.

Oh nearly forgot - has anyone seen a Le mans MK2, 3, 4,or 5 fairing like this?
Left-over from my Mk5 days, but I have never seen another one with faired in rounded indicator lenses like it.

Back