• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Mods Thread

Good news, thanks Chris. Did Teasdale charge for fitting? I'd expressed a desire for them to be fitted at original order....

Do you mind me asking what they invoiced you?

Rgds,

Neil

Neil, I supplied the grips (bought from Teo Lamers, Nijmegen @ 229 Euro) and Teasdale charged me 1 hours labour, £84 including VAT. It actually took longer than an hour so I consider it a fair price. I believe mine were the first set they'd fitted. I would have fitted the kit myself but the new ride by wire throttle assembly with the right hand grip has to be calibrated by a dealer.

I must admit I'm very pleased with Teasdale. Even though I didn't buy the V85 from them (I bought it second hand from Ducati Leeds) they've looked after me really well with the first service, supplying and fitting a centre stand, plus fitting the heated grips.

I was told that Teasdale are still waiting for their first shipment of Guzzi V85 heated grips but these are expected soon. Teo Lamers have sold all theirs and are waiting for new stock.

Thanks Chris,

Buying the V85TT was my first new bike purchase experience and I found them honest and a good dealer. Mine developed a leak from the RHS cylinder head gasket which was promptly fixed at the first service with no repeat of the fault.

Does the replacement throttle body have a less-stiff spring installed, or is it a similar action to the original? Just wondered if it would be an added bonus...

It does seem a little lighter. I was over revving it when I first set off from Thirsk and it took a few miles before I got used to the feel of the new throttle.

Any chance of measuring the cold resistance of the factory grips? I have several pairs of heated grips, and I was hopeful to adapt a set to my V85, but I'm concerned they might draw too much current and perhaps damage something.

Just a digital multimeter set to ohms will do the job.

FWIW, I've just installed a set of Oxford OF691 Premium heated grips on my bars, but yet to connect them to the bike. Connected directly to the battery, they draw 3.33 amps @ 12.6V battery voltage (motor not running).

I'm waiting on the connectors before I try them through the instrument panel. But I'm getting more confident that there won't be a problem, as power in = heat out, and nobody has commented that the factory grips get too hot to handle.

I would have fitted the kit myself but the new ride by wire throttle assembly with the right hand grip has to be calibrated by a dealer.

Can you explain? All one is doing is replacing one grip with another. What's to calibrate? I've installed Oxford grips myself with no trouble.

Does the replacement throttle body have a less-stiff spring installed, or is it a similar action to the original? Just wondered if it would be an added bonus...

There is no replacement "throttle body". Although I think you actually mean throttle tube, even this is not the case. As I mentioned above, you're just replacing the stock grip with a heated version.

Please correct me if I'm wrong; it happens all the time!

Please see attached, the Guzzi kit 2S001325 includes all these parts. The right hand grip comes complete with a new throttle body and that's what needs calibrating. If it was just a case of fitting heated grips I would have done it myself. Although expensive compared to aftermarket kits and it requires fitting/calibrating by a dealer, the Guzzi kit is linked to the TFT display and left hand switch unit.

I've also attached the V85TT Heated Grips installation manual. See page 17: 'After assembling the kit it is necessary to proceed with a new learning operation of the right hand grip using the P.A.D.S. diagnostic tool'

Copied from the Teo Lamers website:

For those who love to travel in all seasons. They contribute to driving comfort, preventing the hands from becoming sore due to the cold. The intensity of the heat is adjustable on three levels managed directly by a button already installed on the V85TT handlebar. The activation of the heating system is visible through an icon on the TFT. -3 intensity levels -Handlebar button activated -Icon on TFT -Ride by wire compatible. Please be aware: The throttle has to be calibrated at an official Moto Guzzi dealer with the factory software after installation.

I hope that clarifies things.

IMG 1874 LI V85tt heated grips

Attachments

• Guzzi V85TT Heated Grips Installation Manual.pdf
    7.3 MB · Views: 42
Well, it would be nice to be able to fit my Oxford heated grips to the V85 controller.

But at the end of the day, if I have to use the Oxford controller, I will. there's no way I'm going to dance to a monopoly directive.

Please see attached, the Guzzi kit 2S001325 includes all these parts. The right hand grip comes complete with a new throttle body and that's what needs calibrating. If it was just a case of fitting heated grips I would have done it myself. Although expensive compared to aftermarket kits and it requires fitting/calibrating by a dealer, the Guzzi kit is linked to the TFT display and left hand switch unit.

I've also attached the V85TT Heated Grips installation manual. See page 17: 'After assembling the kit it is necessary to proceed with a new learning operation of the right hand grip using the P.A.D.S. diagnostic tool'

Copied from the Teo Lamers website:

For those who love to travel in all seasons. They contribute to driving comfort, preventing the hands from becoming sore due to the cold. The intensity of the heat is adjustable on three levels managed directly by a button already installed on the V85TT handlebar. The activation of the heating system is visible through an icon on the TFT. -3 intensity levels -Handlebar button activated -Icon on TFT -Ride by wire compatible. Please be aware: The throttle has to be calibrated at an official Moto Guzzi dealer with the factory software after installation.

I hope that clarifies things.

View attachment 18267 View attachment 18269

Very clear now. I stand corrected! Thanks Chris.

I installed my Oxfords in a hurry, so am using the Oxford controller for the time being. When I have more time, I'll wire directly into the Guzzi harness.

My Oxford heated grips are replacements for the existing hand grips, so the throttle body stays the same and doesn't need re-calibrating.

I'm keen too having the grips wired to the harness rather than using the Oxford controller, I'm still waiting on the mating connectors to arrive. Hopefully, I can provide an update in about a week.

Well, the mating connectors arrived and they were the wrong size! Damn! I had removed the tank, so continued with a kluge and finally have the Oxfords connected to the V85 connectors. Yes, they appear to work fine, I have the heated grips icon appearing in the dashboard, with three heat settings (+off) available. Not able to go for a long ride, but I have one scheduled in a couple of weeks, which should now be more pleasant.

For those continuing to chase the Molex connector, it's measurements are 5mm wide, and 8.4mm high, from the rectangular end to the pointed top. The pins are 1.5mm diameter. I couldn't find a suitable model on the interweb, hence the kluge.

It does seem a little lighter. I was over revving it when I first set off from Thirsk and it took a few miles before I got used to the feel of the new throttle.

FWIW, the new throttle body does have a lighter spring. We've been for a 200 mile ride today on all sorts of roads and the throttle feels so much better.

While waiting for the grips to be fitted I spotted these two new V85TT's alongside Teasdale's demo bike. One modification to these new models is a redesigned cable/wire guide to stop them rubbing against the TFT display housing. I'll definitely order one of these.

The part number for this new cable/wire guide is 2B006501. Teo Lamers put some up for sale this afternoon @ 3.05 Euro and they sold like hot cakes. Luckily I managed to buy one before they all went.

IMG 1883 LI

I've a set of heated grips put aside at Teasdales, just awaiting a set of spotlights as it's apparently easier to fit the lights whilst the tank is off.
I've provisionally agreed to lend my bike to 'Pyramid plastics' for a couple of weeks while they develop a front fender, rear hugger and hand guard extensions.

Where are you in Yorkshire Chris ?

I've provisionally agreed to lend my bike to 'Pyramid plastics' for a couple of weeks while they develop a front fender, rear hugger and hand guard extensions.

I may well be interested in the front fender, the Caponord one was supposed to be here 18th Oct but now expected delivery 13th Dec.

Alan

Back