• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GuzziTech GTM modded Cal 14 Dyno vs. Stock

As an added benefit, fuel mileage has increased dramatically! I would average around 34 MPG prior to the mods. This last tank was a mix of freeway and curves in the hills and city riding. 43 MPG!

How did you measure your mpg, from the dashboard? Remember, the dashboard only knows what the ECU is telling it, and is unaware of the changes the power commander is making. If you note your fuel quantity when refilling and the mileage since the last refill, you can calculate the true mpg. The results may not be so wonderful; I was fooled by this for a while too, until I thought it through.

Notwithstanding my comments, I agree the GT-Rx fueling package is very impressive.

How did you measure your mpg, from the dashboard? Remember, the dashboard only knows what the ECU is telling it, and is unaware of the changes the power commander is making. If you note your fuel quantity when refilling and the mileage since the last refill, you can calculate the true mpg. The results may not be so wonderful; I was fooled by this for a while too, until I thought it through.

Notwithstanding my comments, I agree the GT-Rx fueling package is very impressive.

I will measure it the old fashioned way as well. I had my suspicions also.

But, the overall results are tremendous.

Yes, use the gallons used to miles ridden method. As Dave says, the dashboard # is based on OEM fueling. I think you'll find you are getting much better then stock. All of my 8V's get high 30's in the Winter, to mid 40's in the Summer.

Went for a long ride yesterday in 23°C (73.4°F) temperature, spirited ride with lots of corners and gear changing.

Upon refill, dashboard indicated 5.1 litres per 100k (47.0 mpg (US), 56.5 mpg (UK)).

Tank took 9 litres for 160 Km, actual fuel consumption of 5.6 litres per 100k (42.0 mpg (US), 50.4 mpg (UK)).

Bike has the full GTM fueling package, and GTM exhaust system. I'm very comfortable with these figures.

With Todds very detailed instructions and photographs to guide us every step of the way, my son and I installed the BMC air filter, the GTM fuel management package, and re-flashed the ECU about 1,500 miles ago.

The difference in performance, throttle response and overall smooth running, of an already smooth running bike, was amazing.

About 1,200 miles ago I took advantage of a GTM special offer on SS Zard shorty mufflers.

Between the visceral response to the deep throated exhaust note and the extra kick in the rear at each spirited roll of the throttle between, about, 3k and the soft rev limit / red line, the riding experience changed yet again. It is even more fun to ride my Cali Custom now.

IMO the GTM fuel mod / ECU re-flash package, and less restrictive mufflers, are by far the best upgrades I've ever made to any bike.

My hat is off to Todd.

It can't be easy, quick or cheap to find the right parts and partners. AND once the parts are identified and partners wooed there must be countless hours in testing, changing, and retesting maps, routing wires, installing modules etc. just to unleash the beast in these engines.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi Todd, there is a dyno available just down the road from my mechanic, so as soon as my new parts are received and fitted, I'll head down there.
I'll also report back in detail
on-road impressions. Looking forward to arrival.
Hi Skipper. Did you ever get your bike on that dyno? I would like to know what the readings were.

Put my bike on the Dyno. The numbers look high but it certainly feels impressive. This is the results: 105hp..102 torque.

IMG 4098

IMG 4101

I hadn’t dyno’ed the full short system yet, but I’m not surprised. Beautiful lines. So 25 hp & 27 lb.ft. of torque gain over stock! GTM delivers again. ;)
Stock is 80hp/75 ft lbs, so significant increases. Full long system was just under 100 hp/96 ft lbs; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/guzzitech-gtm-modded-cal-14-dyno-vs-stock.13773/

p.s. It usually takes ~3 runs to see max power on the dyno.

Nothing else to add but enjoy! Thanks for posting.

I hadn’t dyno’ed the full short system yet, but I’m not surprised. Beautiful lines.
The 8V motor loves short exhaust systems as you’ll continually see me say. GTM delivers again. ;)
Stock is 80hp/75 ft lbs, so significant increases. Full long system was just under 100 hp/96 ft lbs; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/guzzitech-gtm-modded-cal-14-dyno-vs-stock.13773/

Great Job, Todd!..and Thanks!

I hadn’t dyno’ed the full short system yet, but I’m not surprised. Beautiful lines. So 25 hp & 27 lb.ft. of torque gain over stock! GTM delivers again. ;)

The Moto Guzzi specs state 96 HP and 87lbs of torque. Why the difference?

Sure glad I found this site. Great stuff here as I try to figure out how to proceed with performance and fuel issues. I’m real tempted to risk dee-vorce as I announce to my bride that I wanta spend nearly $3500 on exhaust and fueling improvements for the Eldorado I haven’t even picked up yet. She won’t care that that full exhaust appears to be a work of art and at a genuinely reasonable price, nor will she care about a performance improvement, especially since I just did an expensive one on my Husky 901. But wow at the diff on that bike! It was Rottweilers full package. Its performance now rivals my Griso. So maybe the best marriage saving answer for now is the PC6 and tool kit from GTM and slip-ons, and just wait for the H-pipe to crack. AF1 in Austin has recommended the Agostini slip-on over the Mistral. Any comments? Could I use that Agostini with the GTM H-pipe when I do buy it and the header?

I am currently awaiting my H pipe, PowerCommander and Autotune 300 for my Eldorado. Todd will be shipping it to me later next week.

So, I cannot comment on the net result for the 1400 yet, however, I can tell you that I have had the same setup on my 2012 Stelvio, which I purchased here from Todd, and it was literally transforming to my Stelvio. I have said for a decade that I have the best running Stelvio in the universe and anybody who has ridden my motorcycle, agrees.

I fully expect the same situation for my Eldorado.

Like you, I also love GTM’s exhaust system, and the quality of his construction is impeccable and everyone who I have spoken to who has plunked down the serious coin for them, has raved about them. Unfortunately for me, to maintain the peace and tranquility in my home (I already have 17 motorcycles already so I walk on fine tea cups with my motorcycling addiction expenditures) I settled with just the H pipe.

My stock crossover is still fine as my bike has only a couple thousand miles on it, but after a decade plus of real world data out there, they almost all break eventually it seems, and if Todd stops manufacturing them, there is no other option other than the stock system which will be NLA soon if not already. I strongly advise anybody thinking about the H pipe, to buy it now, while you still can because if you wait, odds are you will not be able to get one when you eventually need it! It’s very reasonably priced anyway, so why wait?

For many decades, I have been a fan of Mistral exhausts. I just like their Basso Profundo tone. I have it on my Centauro, my Stelvio NTX, and now, soon to be on my Eldorado. I don’t know why AF1 would recommend the Agostini over the Mistral unless they stand to make more money on them. Agostini is ok, but in my estimation, the Mistral is a superior product by far and I have used their exhausts for decades without a single issue at all.

Last edited:
So, I cannot comment on the net result for the 1400 yet, however, I can tell you that I have had the same setup on my 2012 Stelvio, which I purchased here from Todd, and it was literally transforming to my Stelvio. I have said for a decade that I have the best running Stelvio in the universe and anybody who has ridden my motorcycle, agrees.
I fully expect the same situation for my Eldorado.
Thanks Scott. Indeed. The real transformation happens with intake and exhaust mods (along with corrected fueling as the dyno charts show), but even more so seat of pants on the 1400.

Agostini is ok, but in my estimation, the Mistral is a superior product by far and I have used their exhausts for decades without a single issue at all.
Mistral makes Ago’s mufflers. ;)
Anything with thin metal and pop rivets will fail in time. I got tired of fixing and replacing them on all of my bikes early on. It’s why I got into the exhaust business.

I really wish one day the word stops on mentioning my competitors here. We sell Agostini, and can get Mistral, but I don’t want to compete with our friends in WI.

Didn’t mean to offend by mentioning ‘you know who’ in Austin, but being a newby to MG, and living here in Tejas, the only MG gurus that I knew of were those guys in Austin and Mike Haven’s MPH Cycles in Houston. It’s pretty much a MG desert here. Unless I’ve forgotten making contact with GTM and this site before, I only stumbled upon this forum yesterday. It’s possible I forgot - lots of combat damage to this old man. As for the mods I’m interested in, $3500 is significant for a retired military guy that just shelled out $8k for a used bike and TTL. Not knowing GTM from Adam, I gotta ask questions and compare to the little bit that I’ve learned. I think you’ve convinced me though that you’ve a high quality product and likely the best method for performance improvement. I didn’t see the Ago silencer on your site. It would stand to reason you sell them, but I didn’t see it. Your comment about the rivets and thin metal makes sense though. I’ve seen that before. But thanks for the help. Things are coming more into focus. Pretty sure I oughta get the full exhaust and PC6 ‘kit’.

...I really wish one day the word stops on mentioning my competitors here. We sell Agostini, and can get Mistral, but I don’t want to compete with our friends in WI.

Todd, I'm really confused.

I understand not linking or trying to direct somebody here to an offsite part or competing seller, but are we now expected to mention absolutely nothing but GTM stuff here? Are we not to even discuss our own motorcycles and such? Is the only permitted discussion a GTM product?

If that is the case, I predict that it is going to get really really quiet here really really quickly.

Not everybody has the money to be able to afford your exhausts.

Yes they are really nice stuff and I recommend them whenever able, (hell, I just promoted the shit out of the H-pipe above) but they when combined with the cost of a PC and AT setup, and in the case of the 1400, a H-pipe, are simply outside of the budget of most of the people who visit here, or like me and Jack, the repercussions of spending ~ $4,000 on fueling and exhaust stuff on a motorcycle, although I can easily afford it, will get me divorced or at least, destroy the harmony of my home!

You just don't have the economy of scale working in your favor and I wish it was otherwise, but it simply isn't. Most of those offerings are very expensive and I understand why because they are very expensive to make, but did what Jack and I said here to each other, really negatively impact you or deter sales or disparage GTM? I honestly don't think so, hence as I said, I am confused.

Besides...Didn't I just buy another lot of more than $2,700 of your stuff? I bought everything I could for the moment.

I could have bought it under the free shipping deal but I didn't because I wanted to preserve your profit margin and didn't feel like sticking you with the shipping.

Over the years, I've spent large money here and donated heavily on more than one occassion to the operation of the site. I've never complained. I've defended you to the teeth against all comers. I've asked for nothing from you other than your friendship.

However, I think you are really beginning to over-react a tad bit lately. Maybe it's me and maybe this will make you mad and ban me, but honestly my brother.

Last edited:
I understand not linking or trying to direct somebody here to an offsite part or competing seller, but are we now expected to mention absolutely nothing but GTM stuff here?
Sorry, no, product mentions here are all good of course . Repetitve mention of dealers, easily found via Google, etc, are exhausting. I sell Agostini. Mention of the Austin dealer simply takes business away. They are big. I am tiny, and have to fight for every $. I’d like to get a count on how many times GTM is linked on their Forum.
I guess I can solicit ads from them to promote them all here, and step away from making products.
Like I’ve mentioned, maybe time to pull the plug and move on completely.

Sorry, no, product mentions here are all good of course . Repetitve mention of dealers, easily found via Google, etc, are exhausting. I sell Agostini. Mention of the Austin dealer simply takes business away. They are big. I am tiny, and have to fight for every $. I guess I can solicit ads from them to promote them all here, and step away from making products.

I mean you no harm and no foul. I have always liked the forum here. If you do decide to pull the plug, I would be interested in purchasing the forum side of things from you. It's not a business for me and would be nothing but a financial loss but I think the site and the format are awesome and you are to be commended on their creation, and the Moto Guzzi community deserves to have something like this without the god awful advertising and chaos of the other sites worldwide.

Honestly though, I am just praying that you will find some peace and calmness in your life. I pray for you daily.

Sorry, no, product mentions here are all good of course . Repetitve mention of dealers, easily found via Google, etc, are exhausting. I sell Agostini. Mention of the Austin dealer simply takes business away. They are big. I am tiny, and have to fight for every $. I’d like to get a count on how many times GTM is linked on their Forum.
I guess I can solicit ads from them to promote them all here, and step away from making products.
I am so sorry I got all this started. I misunderstood that this forum was linked to your company Todd, and I misunderstood the purpose and rules of the forum. So my bad and I apologize. But for what it’s worth Todd, in 24 hours using your forum, I have a much better understanding of how to do what I was otherwise trying to figure out. The forum has been invaluable in that short time, and it seems you are providing a service, products and advice that I haven’t gotten and aren’t available from my sources. I understand that running a business is hellish, but from what my limited experience tells me, you have a niche. But I’m sure it’s a 24/7 pain in the arse. My apologies again.

Didn’t mean to offend by mentioning ‘you know who’ in Austin, but being a newby to MG, and living here in Tejas, the only MG gurus that I knew of were those guys in Austin and Mike Haven’s MPH Cycles in Houston. It’s pretty much a MG desert here. Not knowing GTM from Adam, I gotta ask questions and compare to the little bit that I’ve learned.
Every new person that arrives here does it. Everywhere on the planet is a MG desert, which makes it even more frustrating. AF started with a Forum, same as I. I’ve known Mike Haven since 2000. I created this site in 2001. My bio linked below.
The scrolling paragraph at the top of every page here outlines expectations and notes on conduct here. I am forced to chase links, and defend myself and my products here daily these days. I have proof of my products offered here, in great detail. No other Guzzi business does this. AF doesn’t manufacture anything. They aren’t interested in selling anything I offer, but happily sell inferior ones.

Back