• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Feedback on exhaust/muffler options for V7iii..?

Thanks so much for the post! Spend a little time with them for the sound. Compared to stock, of course they are louder... But they aren't as loud as you think they are when you first put them on. Try putting the bike 50-100 feet away and have someone work the throttle for you. They are very reasonable sound wise. They are mufflers after all, not straight pipes.
You will like them even more once I get the fueling sorted for you. Pop on closed throttle on the V9 & V7 III will be tougher to completely resolve as these models now use the Air Induction into the exhaust ports (I am working on the solution as I write), as well as still having the intake leak for the evap cannister. Once you get those sorted, the decel pop will be 90% resolved as on my V9/7 rental bike.

Appreciate the words and video here. Salut!
Hi. I'm in Oz and have a 2017 V7 III Special. I've put a set of Mistral silencers on as they retain the original look. They sound great, especially with the db killers out!
I have also disconnected the evap canister, plugged the inlet leak and vent the tank to atmosphere.
Should I get a fuel remap?
I am not after power gains and the economy is about the same.
Interestinhly, I only have decel pop occasionally on the right cylinder only, and an occasional backfire on starting from this cylinder only. The exhaust gaskets seem tight.
Any idea what might cause this?
View attachment 18321 View attachment 18322

Last edited:
I have the same question as andyalp whether a remap is required?

Thanks

My bike was fitted with Arrow 2-1 full exhaust system. Rumble of un-equal lenght is very nice!
Not too loud even after removed db-killer. This exhaust make all oil change service more easier since there is no pipe block on gearbox or engine drain plug. Only thing I don't like is the contact surface of header to header gasket. It's just only thin pipe and I found sometime it's not fully seat on gasket and has small leak.

images

Now I have Zard 2-1 on my bike. Sound is very loud if remove db killer. I have to built my own db killer with 1 inch outlet to reduce sound to friendly level(Now I am making 1-1/2" outlet, I want it slightly louder).
Performance with ecu remaping by GT is super.
Only thing I hate is header flange is very weak. I can not even torque header nut exceed to 10Nm. or it will bent. If I know this before I will not buy this exhaust.

images

Last edited:
My bike was fitted with Arrow 2-1 full exhaust system... Now I have Zard 2-1 on my bike.
Performance with ecu remaping by GT is super.
I see you are going down the path I did 20 years ago with the big name brands. This is before I started building my own because I tired of poor quality and short service life.
Sooner than later you’ll finally have a GTM exhaust offering fitted. ;)
The best in power, sound, build quality and a lifetime guarantee on workmanship... along with our mapping.

Image Having toasted my ears with a lifetime of being a mechanic, playing Rock n Roll, and riding motorcycles, I was looking for a quieter exhaust option. I was hoping to fit some MAC Wispertone mufflers that would tuck in tighter and give it that 70's look that I like. Fortunately I talked to Mark Etheridge before I started cutting anything, he pointed out that the side stand location would be problematic for a straight line exhaust, Mark has prevented me from making or bailed me out of bonehead moves before, I truly appreciate that. I know that the GT Meg's have superior build quality but from what I can tell, are a little too boisterous for me. Having just 700 clams left in my pile for mufflers, I went with a set of Mistral mufflers from MG Cycle, I liked the fact that they use the stock hardware and shields and seem to be reasonably quiet with the db killers in. I haven't started it up yet, trying to hold out until I can reflash the ecu.

I see you are going down the path I did 20 years ago with the big name brands. This is before I started building my own because I tired of poor quality and short service life.
Sooner than later you’ll finally have a GTM exhaust offering fitted. ;)
The best in power, sound, build quality and a lifetime guarantee on workmanship... along with our mapping.

You are right!
I really love your design.
If you can build GTM megs just slightly louder than factory mufflers I would buy them without hesitate.
Some national park here will not allow motorcycle with loud pipe to get in.

You are right! I really love your design.
If you can build GTM megs just slightly louder than factory mufflers I would buy them without hesitate.
Some national park here will not allow motorcycle with loud pipe to get in.
I can, not a problem... would be just a little more $ as they would be built to order.

View attachment 18702 Having toasted my ears with a lifetime of being a mechanic, playing Rock n Roll, and riding motorcycles, I was looking for a quieter exhaust option. I was hoping to fit some MAC Wispertone mufflers that would tuck in tighter and give it that 70's look that I like. Fortunately I talked to Mark Etheridge before I started cutting anything, he pointed out that the side stand location would be problematic for a straight line exhaust, Mark has prevented me from making or bailed me out of bonehead moves before, I truly appreciate that. I know that the GT Meg's have superior build quality but from what I can tell, are a little too boisterous for me. Having just 700 clams left in my pile for mufflers, I went with a set of Mistral mufflers from MG Cycle, I liked the fact that they use the stock hardware and shields and seem to be reasonably quiet with the db killers in. I haven't started it up yet, trying to hold out until I can reflash the ecu.

Today was a nice day so I took the Goose out for a little spin, sounds like a proper Guzzi now, no ride ability issues so far except for being a little ragged on the top end, can't wait to feed it more fuel. Perfect sound level, nice and deep.

Last edited:
Hello, I was hoping to change my V7 III milano exhaust to Zard Zuma version, euro 4 compliant option given that this is the only legal choice over at my country.

Does anyone have experience with this exhaust? i.e. sound improvements. Is it worth the money to change? Thank you in advance for your inputs.

Hello, I was hoping to change my V7 III milano exhaust to Zard Zuma version, euro 4 compliant option given that this is the only legal choice over at my country.

Does anyone have experience with this exhaust? i.e. sound improvements. Is it worth the money to change? Thank you in advance for your inputs.
Anything is better than stock to be honest

Have a look at the Mistral reverse cones out of Italy. They are Euro 4 with db killer in, I believe.
Got them on my V7 III Special - sound great!
gutsibits.co.uk/pr/TheShop/index.php?f=e&Shnew=1&Model=15&ModelName=Breva 750 V7 Small Twins 2004- Nevad&Cat=ACA

... I have to built my own db killer with 1 inch outlet to reduce sound to friendly level(Now I am making 1-1/2" outlet, I want it slightly louder)...

My 1-1/2" db killer is already installed! Remind me of my previous Thruxton R with V&H(US spec) mufflers with db killer on. Very sweet sound. Still missing her until this day except riding position ... that's why I left her.

I will post video soon. Nice reasonable loud. But still not recommend to buy(zard 2-1 exhaust)... ha ha.

Have a look at the Mistral reverse cones out of Italy. They are Euro 4 with db killer in, I believe.
Got them on my V7 III Special - sound great!
gutsibits.co.uk/pr/TheShop/index.php?f=e&Shnew=1&Model=15&ModelName=Breva 750 V7 Small Twins 2004- Nevad&Cat=ACA

Thanks for your inputs... I'm located in Singapore and my exhausts have to go through really stringent inspection so much so that the zard model is the only option thus far..

Anyone with experience on zard zuma please share your experience.

Exhaust sound is not too loud in open area.
I don't notice its sound when drive pass for about 20-30 meter in normal town environment.
Sorry for crappy video from my phone. I have no space to take full view of my bike. There's Royal Enfield 650GT beside.

Thanks for your inputs... I'm located in Singapore and my exhausts have to go through really stringent inspection so much so that the zard model is the only option thus far..

Anyone with experience on zard zuma please share your experience.

Search V-Performance Exhaust Systems Singapore.
5A71EAD6 7385 4A73 9338 85006CAE9ECD

Back