• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Quick release fuel line connector

David Powell

2009 Norge 1200
GT Contributor
I am so frustrated now that I could go to the moon. I have taken this gas tank of of my Norge so many times and each time i get more irritated with the difficulty of getting the fuel line disconnected.
I have watched all of the video so i know how easy it is. ....... Whoever deisigned that connector should be forced to travel to wherever the disconnect is needed, and show the person trying to get the the thing to disconnect how easy it is. Looking for an alternative method. Also the two vent tubes.
It wouldn't be so bad if the dang thing would run. I would love this bike if it would be reliable. Iv'e got a code 27 (plug socket) what the hell is that???

No one said you have to like it !! Cut it out and put a different one there. You can also use 5/16" line and hose clamps, inline petcock shut-off. It's your bike, change as you wish.

Code 27 is injector 1 DC ground in the plug

Only 1 vent to cap and other one is cap area drain.

If you drink, have a few shots, if you smoke, have a few puffs. It is a purrdy color though.

Last edited:
No one said you have to like it !! Cut it out and put a different one there. You can also use 5/16" line and hose clamps, inline petcock shut-off. It's your bike, change as you wish.

Code 27 is injector 1 DC ground in the plug
Thank you,
I am ready to set this thing on fire.
I would if i didnt like it so much.
All was good then after i got it all put back together. Code 31 .... wont start ... i am beginning to think the problems are unsolvable.

Get the bike to Mike @ MPH.
Sounds like you may also have a tip-over switch cut off happening or another safety switch item. These are only guesses, and we really can't help unless the bike is in front of us.

Get the bike to Mike @ MPH.
Sounds like you may also have a tip-over switch cut off happening or another safety switch item. These are only guesses, and we really can't help unless the bike is in front of us.
Thank you , I have checked the tip over switch but not replaced. I have checked the side stand switch. I have taken every connector apart and cleaned both sides.
I may end up at Mike's place. It's only a machine and i should be able to find (prove) any problem.
Thanks for your response.

I am so frustrated now that I could go to the moon. I have taken this gas tank of of my Norge so many times and each time i get more irritated with the difficulty of getting the fuel line disconnected.
I have watched all of the video so i know how easy it is. ....... Whoever deisigned that connector should be forced to travel to wherever the disconnect is needed, and show the person trying to get the the thing to disconnect how easy it is. Looking for an alternative method. Also the two vent tubes.
It wouldn't be so bad if the dang thing would run. I would love this bike if it would be reliable. Iv'e got a code 27 (plug socket) what the hell is that???

I've found the easiest way to disconnect that connector is to disconnect the electrical connector to the fuel pump then do a start cycle. That relieves the fuel pressure and the connector is then easy to remove. The design is similar to an air chuck, so pushing on the line while pulling the collar works.

Just an idea. Have you checked the injectors for damage? The little plastic male plug is kind of fragile if moved the wrong way. I know the wires wind around and it's easy to pop the plastic trying to rotate the injector. Just looking at the codes. Both injectors Just trying to think of stuff I have seen & fixed. Make sure the lock wire is on female plug.

I've found the easiest way to disconnect that connector is to disconnect the electrical connector to the fuel pump then do a start cycle. That relieves the fuel pressure and the connector is then easy to remove. The design is similar to an air chuck, so pushing on the line while pulling the collar works.
Thank you , i didn't know that. That will work much better.
Do you know what an ECU error code 31 means?
I had no codes and put the tank back on. Now won't run (again) and i get the !SERVICE alarm and an ECU error code 31.

Just an idea. Have you checked the injectors for damage? The little plastic male plug is kind of fragile if moved the wrong way. I know the wires wind around and it's easy to pop the plastic trying to rotate the injector. Just looking at the codes. Both injectors Just trying to think of stuff I have seen & fixed. Make sure the lock wire is on female plug.
Yes, i have verified both cycl indeed injector connections, connectors and physical wiring. I found no problems.

31 is DC voltage on injector 2
DC Voltage on injector 2..
OH Man! I couildn't find that information anywhere. That is good info. I don't know what the means other than find out which one that is and check it out. I guess it could be that the injector is failing or failed. It could mean that the UCU is not firing it as it should. Thank you again. Now i have something to go on. I may not have the tools to get anywhere with the repairs.. I can take it apart and look for obvious problems. I'm going out there right now to check it out. Thanks again.

David, have you EVER load tested that battery yet?

Every single one of your problems revolves around ELECTRICITY. Every one. You have pulled apart, cleaned, fiddled with, so many things now I cannot even keep count. However, not once, have I ever read that you had LOAD TESTED THAT BATTERY.

I am virtually certain that you have an electrical power source problem, and this is that battery. I'm betting that it is marginal at best.

If you are really that irritated and frustrated with your motorcycle, please do as I have asked you to do time and again. Take the battery and have it load tested by a load tester device at your local auto parts store. That battery is going to fail the test, I'd bet on it.

200.webp

Last edited:
David, have you EVER load tested that battery yet?

Every single one of your problems revolves around ELECTRICITY. Every one. You have pulled apart, cleaned, fiddled with, so many things now I cannot even keep count. However, not once, have I ever read that you had LOAD TESTED THAT BATTERY.

I am virtually certain that you have an electrical power source problem, and this is that battery. I'm betting that it is marginal at best.

If you are really that irritated and frustrated with your motorcycle, please do as I have asked you to do time and again. Take the battery and have it load tested by a load tester device at your local auto parts store. That battery is going to fail the test, I'd bet on it.

I hear you Scott, No i haven't load tested the battery. The voltage is good 13.4. it is fully charged. .... i will get that done today and post results. Thank you for your response. I am getting real good at removing and replacing the fairings.:) :)

DC Voltage on injector 2..
OH Man! I couildn't find that information anywhere. That is good info. I don't know what the means other than find out which one that is and check it out. I guess it could be that the injector is failing or failed. It could mean that the UCU is not firing it as it should. Thank you again. Now i have something to go on. I may not have the tools to get anywhere with the repairs.. I can take it apart and look for obvious problems. I'm going out there right now to check it out. Thanks again.

I checked the injector on the left side and found no problems. Is there an injector relay and a auxiliary injector relay? I only found one relay for injector. I replaced it. I could be that that new one is faulty. With the injector connected to fuel line and electrical connector, will it spray when i try and start the engine? It did not on my bike. I saw on youtube, a BMW boxer tested and fuel sprayed while running the starter motor.
My injector seems to be operating fine. I connected it to a 9v battery and was able to hear it click and spray some cleaner through it.

never give up!

I hear you Scott, No i haven't load tested the battery. The voltage is good 13.4. it is fully charged. .... i will get that done today and post results. Thank you for your response. I am getting real good at removing and replacing the fairings.:) :)

The battery spins the engine real good. strong... That's why i haven't considered the battery as the culprit.

The Aux Inj relay is the fuel pump relay, has grey/blue, red/black, red/brown, orange/green wires . If pump doesn't prime check 20A fuse

Back