• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Quick release fuel line connector

The Aux Inj relay is the fuel pump relay, has grey/blue, red/black, red/brown, orange/green wires . If pump doesn't prime check 20A fuse
I can hear it pumping up and the bike will start every now and then for some reason. In fact, i went to load test the battery today. I clipped the voltmeter onto the battery. 13.4v. I hit the ignition and then the start button. It started. The voltmeter indicated the min voltage was 10.2V while spinning the engine. The injector on the left side was just hanging there pointed at the port. Not bolted in. I pushed the injector in and the running smoothed out. turned it off and now it won't restart.
I did take the battery to load test. It FAILED. I have a new one in my truck now to try this evening. The fine folks at batteries plus warrantied the battery.
I will keep posting results. I'm not relenting.

The Aux Inj relay is the fuel pump relay, has grey/blue, red/black, red/brown, orange/green wires . If pump doesn't prime check 20A fuse
I checked all of the fuses and do frequently during this ordeal. I can hear the relays clicking. And the crazy thing started while checking the voltage drop at startup. Now won't restart.

Thanks for identifying the relay. I'm going to label the female plug with the purpose for each.

...I did take the battery to load test. It FAILED. I have a new one in my truck now to try this evening. The fine folks at batteries plus warrantied the battery...

I’m fat, not dumb...

Watch the overwhelming number of your problems disappear. I strongly suggest you drain the capacitors like I previously posted by connecting the battery cables together, before you install the new battery.

Good Luck!

FBE0F53B 80B2 47E3 9413 B765C2AFE170

Finally getting somewhere.

This is the kinda stuff makes ya want a drink.
Ha Ha yes it is... It did not start when i put the new battery in. I decided to take the relays all out again and just re-clean the contacts and shuffle them around a bit. Now it starts and everything works except the low beams.
I received notice that my new relays are being shipped so my troubles should be over. The great thing about all this is all of the contacts and connectors are clean and tight. I know where everything is, I now know a simple trick to get the fuel line off. I am good at getting the plastic now. It's got new CPS and oil pressure sensor.
I can ride somewhere and have a drink...

Fused relay(s) from low voltage “bouncing”. New relays and you should be good to go.
Scott, from what i've learned, and tell me if im off base. The low beams will not come on when the alternator is not charging. ??
The alternator is not charging and low beams are not on. Will the new relays (arriving tomorrow) possibly fix this problem?
I read that i can check the voltage on pin 87 and determine if the alternator is working but not reaching the battery. I will look for that narrative on that. That generator is not charging and it's a New one installed only last year. Probably didn't need it and nothing wrong with the other one. Now that i'm beginning to get an understanding of the bike's logic.
Looking forward to riding this beauty again.

Scott, from what i've learned, and tell me if im off base. The low beams will not come on when the alternator is not charging. ??
The alternator is not charging and low beams are not on. Will the new relays (arriving tomorrow) possibly fix this problem?
I read that i can check the voltage on pin 87 and determine if the alternator is working but not reaching the battery. I will look for that narrative on that. That generator is not charging and it's a New one installed only last year. Probably didn't need it and nothing wrong with the other one. Now that i'm beginning to get an understanding of the bike's logic.
Looking forward to riding this beauty again.

I am not aware of that circumstance.

I check the alternator either by going to the voltage display in the dashboard screen, or by connecting a voltmeter to the battery and raising the rpm of the bike to over 2000. The voltage will climb to somewhere between 13.6-14.2 which indicates the alternator is working fine.

If I remember correctly the Alt wires go directly to a 40A or 30A big fuse under your seat. It's a BIG double fuse rubber hung on a thong. By your relays.
It won't charge if blown, even some that look good!!

I am not aware of that circumstance.

I check the alternator either by going to the voltage display in the dashboard screen, or by connecting a voltmeter to the battery and raising the rpm of the bike to over 2000. The voltage will climb to somewhere between 13.6-14.2 which indicates the alternator is working fine.
Scott, the dashboard display indicates the same as the battery, 12.6v but it never changes with rpm and its the same either running or not. I don't have low beam headlights either. From my understanding, that indicates no alternator charging. could it be one of those relays not making contact? The alternator was brand new just a few miles ago. I am going to check the belt if i have time this evening. I don't think the belt is off though. I have a stethoscope and the alternator sound like its spinning. It doesn't sound like it's loaded though.

Onward through the fog!

If I remember correctly the Alt wires go directly to a 40A or 30A big fuse under your seat. It's a BIG double fuse rubber hung on a thong. By your relays.
It won't charge if blown, even some that look good!!
Steve, I see voltage on both sides of all of the fuses. This evening if i get time, i will dig into it again.

Is that a light i see way down at the end of the tunnel?

I've found the easiest way to disconnect that connector is to disconnect the electrical connector to the fuel pump then do a start cycle. That relieves the fuel pressure and the connector is then easy to remove. The design is similar to an air chuck, so pushing on the line while pulling the collar works.
This advice has saved many elbows from being broken, including my B-11. It has been posted by John several times over the years.
May I suggest it is made into a "sticky"?

I am a better person... thanks to all of you folks that have been so kind as to offer your comments and suggestions.
Drawn from deep experience im sure. My Norge is happy I again. Those relays finally arrived today and i carefully labeled each plug and replaced each relay, testing as it went along. I now have low beams, high beams, alternator charging, starts, idles perfectly and i know a lot more about my very fine Guzzi. I went for a ride and wow, sounds great and runs great. I want to say thank you to you all.

Back