• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III or T120 black?

Hey Folks! I'm a prospective v7Iiii owner and I thought this thread might be the appropriate place to ask this. I test rode a V7iii stone and a triumph street twin yesterday. After getting off both bikes, I couldn't help but feeling like the v7iii was the better bike for me. The triumph does objectively have more power and (what seems like) a better aftermarket for parts but there's just something about the Guzzi that I can't shake. This being a Guzzi forum, I'm sure I'm not alone but I was wondering what y'all think? Am I alone in thinking that despite its lower power figures and a smaller dealer network that the Guzzi is a better machine? I don't know.. there's just something about it that I can't explain. I guess I'm just looking for justification/ verification lol. Thanks!

there's just something about the Guzzi that I can't shake.
I think the words you are looking for are soul, character, personality, etc. Other bikes are just that, bikes, mechanical devices to transport you. The Guzzi is something that becomes part of you. I have never once regretted getting my Silky. So many smiles and amazing memories.

I have traded with numerous friends during rides and at the end I cannot wait to get back on my Guzzi, and they do not want to get off.

Thank you for the clarification, Mayakovski! I am curious as to your experience with the maintenance intervals as they are more frequent than other brands (hell even Ducati has longer intervals now). Does that affect you (or anyone) from riding a lot? That might sound like a dumb question but I know of guys who own a bike and never ride them and that baffles me. I plan on commuting as much as I can with whatever bike I choose and I don't want a bike to become a "hassle".

I don't want a bike to become a "hassle".

I commute on my bike 6 months of the year, including weekend trips and such. In the past 2 summers I have about 9000 km on the bike. I do a beginning of the year maintenance, check and change fluids, check plugs, tires, battery, cables, carefully check the bolts and fasteners, etc. Takes a nice afternoon to do and then I ride for the season. I have not needed to add any fluids in all that time. I have of course changed some of them as per the maintenance intervals, but that has been it. Then at seasons end I check it all again, fill up with fuel and add fuel stabilizer, pull the battery (which gets charged monthly) and put her cover on. Then over the winter I pull her out and turn her around a few times to avoid flat spotting the tires. And then sit and make Vroom, vroom noises. That's all for me.

Other bikes I have had including my 1981 Ducati Darmah 900 and 1980 Kawasaki KZ1000 all required a lot more maintenance and time.

Lol thanks Vagrant! Since I’ve posted my question I’ve gotten the opportunity to sit on the SV 650x, and the Ducati scrambler and monster and they still don’t hold a candle to how I felt about the Guzzi. Probably going to go take a look at a Royal Enfield this week just to do my due diligence so we’ll see how that goes.

Just thought I’d post an update.... still haven’t bought a bike, but I’ve narrowed it down! Like I said in my first post, there’s just something about the Guzzi. I come from the Harley world so I have a preference for the v twin because of the character, the sound, the feel. The V7iii feels like a more refined (and better in almost every way) sportster to me so I feel like this is the bike for me! Thanks for all your help!

I own both a '17 Guzzi V7 III Special and a '19 Triumph Bonneville Street twin. The Street Twin, accelerates much quicker, handles much better, and even in stock form has suspension far better then the V7, fueling is spot on( far better then the Guzzi), build quality is excellent and dealer support is much more abundant the with Guzzi. The Street has more comfy ergo's. and more fun to ride. both bi V7 shines with it's looks, shaft drive, and I experience less heat in hot weather. I'm sure many other here may take exception with my comments. all I can say is my comments reflect my experience with both bikes. I'm no fan boy of any marque. In my 60+ years of riding I've owned well over 50 different bike and have likely ride one or more models from all brands available in the US. Ft's about having fun and using the right bike for the task at hand. Currently there are 4 bikes in my garage each one designed for different task, around town, cruising, Sunday fun, and short duration touring.

I suggest you ride them both and buy the one that makes ya smile the most, the one you lay wake at night thinking about. Most importantly buy the one that is most fun for you to ride. For me simply sitting on a bike only brings one factor to a very complex equation. If you don't do these things you may be questioning your buy decision until the day you sell it.

In my garage is a '19 H-D Heritage Special 114. I find it to more refined, and has better it and fit and finish then the Guzzi V7. H-D has come a long long way in the last 15 years since I last owned one.

Paul

Last edited:
Wow thank you Paul that was really helpful! I did get to ride both the Street twin and the V7 a few weeks ago. I enjoyed them both so much that it’s hard for me to choose.

Yeah its unfortunate, however I spoke to another dealer and maybe I could get a test on the Guzzi. Going to try a dealer thats further away for the triumph and see if they have any demos.
I currently own a Rebel 500 but it is too small for me. Not CC's wise, but actual space. I am content with the power it has, but its just too crammed and the 11L gas tank is too small for me.

I have owned 2 bikes before, but have riden R6's, CBR600rr, cb500f, GS500, S40'S, and some adventure style bikes.
I see you are in Toronto. Go see George at Corsa Meccanica, tell him you are serious about a V7iii, and he will give you a bike for the afternoon. He did that for me (twice actually) when i was looking at a V7ii. I rode up to Caledon to find some twisty roads. I bought the bike...

Thanks for all of your insight, y'all! I do have one more question and it's more of a general motorcycle question that might help me to narrow it down!
I'm planning on moving next summer to another town here in Virginia and coincidentally, that'll be the time I will be able to make a purchase. In this new town, there's a BMW, 2 Harley, a KTM, Indian, a Big 4 dealership, plus a huge used bike dealership and there's another Big 4 + Ducati dealership about 30 minutes north. The closest Guzzi dealers or independent shops that can work on them (as far as I know) are an hour south or an hour north. So, that leads me to my question... Would I be better served to get a bike that has a convenient dealership/shop to me or does it really matter?

If it helps any, I would LIKE to do my own maintenance, but realistically, I don't know how much time I would be able to have for that. I will be doing my own mods (within reason), however. Bottom line: I want a bike that will make me smile and that I don't have to worry much about anything except riding.

If it helps any, I would LIKE to do my own maintenance, but realistically, I don't know how much time I would be able to have for that. I will be doing my own mods (within reason), however. Bottom line: I want a bike that will make me smile and that I don't have to worry much about anything except riding.
It does not take much time, nor special tools. Watch the GTM videos, do a bit of googling and you can do it all yourself. That way you get to know your ride better, and save a lot of money. And you will have fun at the same time.

My wife has a 2018 V7iii Special and I have a 2018 T120. The Special is more beautiful, handles better, and is generally more fun. It also blew a main seal (at 3000 miles) and was a $3000 repair. My older 2013 V7 has 13000 miles and already needs fork seals and boots, had a rear final drive seal replaced ($1100 all labor) a half plastic fuel filter that failed, an overcharging rectifier that ruined a battery and cam sensor ($400 in parts, I did my own work) and a check engine light that comes on intermittently.

My T120 has had regular maintenance and no worries in 10,000 miles. It’s smooth and comfortable, great power and gas mileage. It’s also a little boring.

Back