• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT air filter.

I haven't replaced mine as yet, but I did buy a K&N (part # MG-1315, this is a good quality brand) to have as a spare and maybe fit at the first service that I DO. My dealer is over 1200k from me so once the warranty is done I will do my own servicing, hopefully by then some one will have worked out how to remove the spanner from the dash. I do have a service agent where I live, but once out of warrant I would rather do my own servicing (I am a qualified mechanical trades person).

I.... hopefully by then some one will have worked out how to remove the spanner from the dash.

Unfortunately, no such luck for the modern Guzzis. Dealers have to pay a considerable subscription to use the software, and they are connected by the interweb to the factory. No connection, no spanner eradication.

I would love someone to tell me I'm wrong, and the procedure how to do this.

I also was wondering about the service reminder. I had a tool to reset my BMW service reminder; nothing like that for my Guzzi yet, I guess. I will be hard pressed to travel 125 miles just to get it reset.

Now about that MoFo who decided that there needed to be a flashing green light just to tell me the cruise was active, now he needs castration!

I've been known to forget that my bike is running on cruise control. I get a little exciteg as I try to throttle off and nothing happens. As a consequence, I seldom use it.

But I'm happy to see a tiny light to tell me I'm in that mode. My memory is fading, but isn't the flashing mean the cruise control is switched on, but not active? When it's active, it's a solid light.

I've been known to forget that my bike is running on cruise control. I get a little exciteg as I try to throttle off and nothing happens. As a consequence, I seldom use it.

But I'm happy to see a tiny light to tell me I'm in that mode. My memory is fading, but isn't the flashing mean the cruise control is switched on, but not active? When it's active, it's a solid light.
Your memory is right on the money Dave, but for me the flashing green light is annoying, why didn't they make it solid amber when on but not active as many other manufactures do.

yes and there actually is another black icon in the screen to say it's on also. I rarely use the cruise either but but when I kick it off I don't want to be constantly trying to turn of the turn signals that the flashing green light says are on. nit picking on an almost perfect bike but ...

Just opened the airbox on my 2021 V85tt for the first time at about 3K miles. Most of the last 2K was off road in the deserts of southern Arizona so thought I might take a look. Not at all impressed by the integrity of the airbox. Looks to me like the only thing protecting the intake is the hard plastic tongue in groove around the edge of the box. Anybody have any experience or commentary here? Corrective action? Thanks, Mike

Just opened the airbox on my 2021 V85tt for the first time at about 3K miles. Most of the last 2K was off road in the deserts of southern Arizona so thought I might take a look. Not at all impressed by the integrity of the airbox. Looks to me like the only thing protecting the intake is the hard plastic tongue in groove around the edge of the box. Anybody have any experience or commentary here? Corrective action? Thanks, Mike
In my city I know of 5 V85tt's 3 of them are always off road and their air boxes are usually full of sand! One has fabricated a thin gasket where the box halfs go together and the other 2 have smeared grease on the box joints at the advice of the Guzzi tech at our dealer

Here is some more fresh V85tt airbox info. The toungue in groove box closure has the groove on the fixed side of the airbox. The tongue is on the cover. There IS a rubber o ring in the groove. The addition of the grease will no doubt help. The culprit is likely the the four snap closures, two on top and one on each side, that hold the box closed. The clean side of the box on my bike was not clean! The contamination was generally pretty fine dust that appears to only have been able to get by the airbox seam at the cover separation. When the first KTM 1290s came on the market (17) the factory bought quite a number of motors due to a poorly engineered airbox lid. While the bikes were no doubt ridden mostly off road and hard, KTM certainly had the chops to know what they were doing off road. In spite of this the airbox lid was flexing and creating gaps. It had six screws holding it down and needed ten. Ultimately a greased foam gasket to just seal the box lid was the solution. The dust in my KTM airbox looked pretty much like my V85. They rebuilt my motor bottom up no charge and there were quite a few. Todd, you might address this to whoever you have access to at the manufacturer. I don’t see a ready or simple fix for those snap clips but would sure like to hear ideas out there. If you’re not off road much it might not be a big deal but otherwise I suggest very diligent attention to air boxes. My best, Mike

Here is some more fresh V85tt airbox info. The toungue in groove box closure has the groove on the fixed side of the airbox. The tongue is on the cover. There IS a rubber o ring in the groove. The addition of the grease will no doubt help. The culprit is likely the the four snap closures, two on top and one on each side, that hold the box closed. The clean side of the box on my bike was not clean! The contamination was generally pretty fine dust that appears to only have been able to get by the airbox seam at the cover separation. When the first KTM 1290s came on the market (17) the factory bought quite a number of motors due to a poorly engineered airbox lid. While the bikes were no doubt ridden mostly off road and hard, KTM certainly had the chops to know what they were doing off road. In spite of this the airbox lid was flexing and creating gaps. It had six screws holding it down and needed ten. Ultimately a greased foam gasket to just seal the box lid was the solution. The dust in my KTM airbox looked pretty much like my V85. They rebuilt my motor bottom up no charge and there were quite a few. Todd, you might address this to whoever you have access to at the manufacturer. I don’t see a ready or simple fix for those snap clips but would sure like to hear ideas out there. If you’re not off road much it might not be a big deal but otherwise I suggest very diligent attention to air boxes. My best, Mike
Good post
Here in Calgary the dealer has had to rebuild 1 2019 travel due to heavy oil consumption due to dust and sand in the air box entering the motor. The owner made a deal and traded up to a 2021 as he did not want the rebuilt bike.

Todd, you might address this to whoever you have access to at the manufacturer.
I can only wish they would even remotely pretend to care about all I’ve handed them on a silver platter. Hell, even if they perused this site on occasion like other OEMs comb the more popular sites. I typically get “we haven’t ever had any type of issue like this to date.” In the case like the post above, shown below and those all listed in this section.

F52F366B 39D6 47DC 9495 CDF777C068D7

Back