• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How to Adjust Side-stand Lever

Mayakovski

GT Reference
GT Famiglia
Hello All;

Quick question, I find that the lever on my V7 III Anniversario tucks so close to the muffler that I cannot deploy it while seated. I have to get off the bike and then wedge my toe onto it to push it down.

How can I adjust this to deploy while seated? The easiest thing it to bend the lever itself down a little but I have no idea how to do that with it being such a stout piece of steel.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Try slipping a stout ring spanner (wrench) at the point where you want it to bend. It might pay to remove it from the bike to do this, and if stubborn apply some heat.
Thanks for the idea. I will try this. I wonder if I could just epoxy a ring nut or something onto the lever to make it stand off the exhaust pipe just a little bit.

How can I adjust this to deploy while seated? The easiest thing it to bend the lever itself down a little but I have no idea how to do that with it being such a stout piece of steel.
You pretty much cannot easily adjust it. I am quite certain you won't get it to bend without flame/torch heat, which will damage the finish, so that one is up to you. My recommendation is to replace the mufflers with a smaller one like the GTM GP Megs. ;) Then it super easy to get to.

You pretty much cannot easily adjust it. I am quite certain you won't get it to bend without flame/torch heat, which will damage the finish, so that one is up to you. My recommendation is to replace the mufflers with a smaller one like the GTM GP Megs. ;) Then it super easy to get to.
I do plan to get your GP Megs, but that is not in my budget this year. So I need to find a simple (cheap) solution for now.

I do plan to get your GP Megs, but that is not in my budget this year. So I need to find a simple (cheap) solution for now.
Understood, I was joking really. There’s no easy fix for this. A very clunky but easily reversible solution would be to slide a piece of thick rubber (gas line or eq) hose over the arm and let it hang out and extra inch or two.

Hello All;

Quick question, I find that the lever on my V7 III Anniversario tucks so close to the muffler that I cannot deploy it while seated. I have to get off the bike and then wedge my toe onto it to push it down.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

I adjusted mine by putting the side stand down holding the weight of the bike and then putting a 3 ft long 3/4" steel pipe over the offending lever and bend it slightly forward to suit.

In my experience, if the side stand boot hook is too close to the muffler, the problem is that the muffler isn't positioned correctly. If you loosen the muffler by the hanger bolts and slip-on clamp, you can rotate it enough to move it away from the hook, then tighten it up again. Of course if the hook got bent in a bike drop or spill, this solution may not work and you'll have to force the hook back to its original bend.

OK, I checked and the muffler is positioned correctly. I did have a thought, I could attach a 2-piece lock ring to the lever and position that to keep the lever itself off the muffler a bit allowing just enough extra room for my toe to connect properly with the end of the lever.

Something like a small version of this: Any suggestions where I could find a small version of this?
Split-Nut.jpg

Split-Nut.jpg" alt="Split-Nut" border="0">

I once bought used sidestand from crashed bike and found it bent and hit muffer when undeployed
I put steel pipe on (Don't forget to protect the finishing)lever and bend it out a little while sidestand deployed.
It is not best way but it's work.

Last edited:
Back