• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Registry and pic thread

Congrats! Sorry to hear on the dealer experience, status quo in most areas it seems. I would agree on the highway comments. We shall see what becomes of the small block motor displacement... quite sad to see the big block pushed aside for good. Love to get the rest of the info for the first post of this thread, or you can email it to me if you don't want it published; Info at GuzziTech.com

I agree, it's so close to perfection. If they'd just bump it up to a full liter of displacement I think it would be absolutely perfect. Date of pre-order was Feb 17, 2019 I believe, purchase was on July 16, 2019. Located in Eden Prairie, MN.

If I can't get the highway manners sorted out unfortunately the bike might be a short timer in the stable. There's times where I'm just going to need to pound freeway miles here and I'm just not convinced yet that this bike will do that here in the states.

If I can't get the highway manners sorted out unfortunately the bike might be a short timer in the stable. There's times where I'm just going to need to pound freeway miles here and I'm just not convinced yet that this bike will do that here in the states.
We think precisely the same. I've used nearly those exact words to many when asked what I think of it.
Not sure if you're watching what else I'm doing using big blocks, and it's not a ADV platform, but it's damn good; https://gtmotocycles.com/ -- more pics here; https://www.instagram.com/gtmotocycles/

We think precisely the same. I've used nearly those exact words to many when asked what I think of it.
Not sure if you're watching what else I'm doing using big blocks, and it's not a ADV platform, but it's damn good; https://gtmotocycles.com/ -- more pics here; https://www.instagram.com/gtmotocycles/

Funny enough I dropped you a line on that build last week. They look great but I’m running down a lead on a low mileage stelvio NTX right now.

Traded in my R 1200GS for this Italian beauty last month. After 80 miles, had a grueling week having a rear drive seal repair. After 200 miles, I'm really liking the way this bike handles. Gonna go Loctite the bash plate hardware after lunch. Good times...

Traded in my R 1200GS for this Italian beauty last month. After 80 miles, had a grueling week having a rear drive seal repair. After 200 miles, I'm really liking the way this bike handles. Gonna go Loctite the bash plate hardware after lunch. Good times...

I’m really amazed by the amount of GS owners who converted to this bike.

The thing is just drop dead gorgeous. Had a bunch of magazines I hadn't read, then they closed the library due to this virus thing, so I had nothing to read. Started in on my BMWMOA mags first. Saw an ad with Ewan McGregor standing by this V85tt. Was immediately intrigued by the looks, so I did some research. Nearest MG dealer is 125 miles away, but this bike is, "speaking to me", so I sent them an e-mail. We did the deal over the phone and they delivered it to my house.

ZGUKWU002LM000400- BarryVC - Lebanon, IN, USA DOP 04/21/2020. - pic below.

IMG 0699

Last edited:
We did the deal over the phone and they delivered it to my house. ZGUKWU002LM000400- BarryVC - Lebanon, IN, USA DOP 04/21/2020. - pic below.
Excellent, and congrats! Welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. Hope to see you post here often. Enjoy it!

Hayden

Here is my new baby! Purchased from Cadre in Cincinnati. It was by far the easiest vehicle purchase I've ever made. Even delivered to my door 200 miles away in Evansville Indiana. Once I get through the break in, I am looking forward to doing an IBA ride.

I am looking forward to farkling him up.

ZGUKWU004LM000494.

Last friday morning I got up to find my V85TT was missing. It has the red colors, totebox was not on it. It does have a custom rear brake pedal so I could use it with my artificial leg. It has Oklahoma plates. One is a regular plare, the other is a handicap plate. In OK you have to carry both.
If you happen to see it call the police .
Thanks
Russ

I can't imagine. There was a time when the thought of stealing a Guzzi was laughable. Seems the tables have turned.

Please post your VIN# and related here and I'll add it to the Registry noted as STOLEN. So sorry to hear, hope you were well insured. If you want another, I have mine up for sale. Contact me direct email if interested; Info at GuzziTech.com

Last friday morning I got up to find my V85TT was missing. It has the red colors, totebox was not on it. It does have a custom rear brake pedal so I could use it with my artificial leg. It has Oklahoma plates. One is a regular plare, the other is a handicap plate. In OK you have to carry both.
If you happen to see it call the police .
Thanks
Russ

Sorry to hear. I don't suppose you have a photo of your brake pedal? I've asked about a handicap plate for a motorcycle here and all I get is attitude.

3500 miles so far, and I couldn't imagine a better machine for the kind of riding I enjoy. I smile every time hit the starter
Congrats and welcome Paul! Thanks for posting. Hope you really get to put some miles on it, and I hope to have a ton more product for the V85TT soon on the online STORE tab above.

I also bought lower saddle, it is 20mm lower (0,787") than standard. For me who is only 172cm it made little difference. Now I get my whole foot down in the ground.
How is the comfort? Is it comparable to the stock seat? I don't want to get low if it means I can only sit on it for an hour.

I picked this one up on June 20, 2020. I traded an awesome 2015 Monster 1200S in on it, ending a 25 year run* of buying only Ducatis so it was a bit of a leap of faith. (* I did buy an RSV-R a few years back, but had intended to use it as a parts donor for a hot rod Ducati. That project never got off the ground so instead it's been a track bike and is now for sale)
ZGUKWU007LM000568

Here's a pic after I got it home from the dealer. The bags were taken off five minutes later and haven't been mounted since. I'd post a more recent photo but it's at the dealer for its first service right now.

v85_5719.jpg

So far so good, the plan is to take it West next summer and run a lot of mountain roads with it.

I'm afraid my registration has been temporarily (I hope) suspended.
Dead Goose

Last edited:
Back