• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Reset Maintenance Icon

Piece of Cake !
Whose got a *Compatible* Diagnostic Tool ?

I do. Todd's ECU Re-Flash Tool.

REALLY !!! I'll have one soon
( Soon being a relative term )

PS: did you drive down the *Lower Aylmer* road a few days ago after 7pm ? ( I saw Some Guzzi )
Posted in Guzzi sightings )

Last edited:
No - just a look just the Engine / head configuration - there was a LeMans I was looking at before I picked up the Honda - Twin plug... I was too slow - humming and hawing...

Last edited:
No, not me. I'm going to look at a LeMans V11 tomorrow in Alcove. Maybe it was him. Was it red?

Cool - mind If I tag along - i have 0% Interest in buying it - NO competition - just Nosey
Not this one for sure
ADB6D2E0 7587 43C9 B7F3 90707B84CADB
( And I know to keep my mouth Shut :) ) until we leave.

Last edited:
As I mentioned before I was going to try and schmooze the former Guzzi dealer about resetting the Maintenance code on my bike.

The guy I talked to said the tool they used needed to "Phone Home" - before they could do anything to the bike.
They tried but because they no longer had access to the Mother Ship - they could not do anything. :eek:

So maybe that was MG's way of tracking the status of each bike.
Maintenance Done - Millage - Codes ??? Who know what they collected.

2019 V7 III Stone, 1K miles, but no maintenance icon on the dashboard

So, I bought the bike brand new with no more than 6 miles on the odometer and the bike appeared brand new, however the service maintenance icon never showed up on the dash at around 1,030 miles (stock ECU map).
The service manager at the dealer told me it should show up at around 900 some miles and he had the technician reset it anyway. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Can you key on and snap a pic of the dash and post it here?
Hey Todd, the Service Manager told me the Technician reset the maintenance icon even though it never appeared on the dash, would you like me to still post a picture of the dash? It would just look like a normal dash.

Hey Todd, the Service Manager told me the Technician reset the maintenance icon even though it never appeared on the dash, would you like me to still post a picture of the dash? It would just look like a normal dash.
OK, no, not needed. I don't have any experience with factory software PADS (yet, hopefully I can finally activate my kit soon), so I can't comment, but typically they cannot be reset until they illuminate. If the dealer says they reset it, then that's interesting. I just asked for a photo to see what it might look like. It's always been a small wrench on screen.

Don't you know it, the user's manual says that the the icon does not show for the first service :oops:
Well, I thought that I read the manual before, but I guess I missed this, just like I missed that there are two Gear Shift indicator threshold settings, one for Low and one for High :giggle:

MI

Last edited:
Back