• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Evap removal from V7III

I'm of the opinion that a garage should have a smell of fuel present.

Lol, I just read that correctly !

that and an oily , musty smell resulted in my wife referring to the 1990 Miata I purchased in 2008 as “ that stinky little car”
That car thought her how to pack Light - 8 days & 4000 km in what amounted to a large hand bag !

Last edited:
Lol, I just read that correctly !

that and an oily , musty smell resulted in my wife referring to the 1990 Miata I purchased in 2008 as “ that stinky little car”
That car thought her how to pack Light - 8 days & 4000 km in what amounted to a large hand bag !

Garages should have a particular smell IMO.

I don't even think I could fit myself in a Miata let alone my stuff for 8 days. Sounds like quite an adventure.

My bike is a UK spec 2013 V7 Special. I’ve looked at the parts manual and I can see no mention of a “tip valve”. Can somebody please confirm that this actually the check valve in the tube from the tank to the evap canister? If not what and where is it? Thanks.

I was looking under the bike last night and on mine ( V7 III ) that valve is on the tube down by the gearshift on the way to the canister.
On mine The tubes are different diameters, small one comes down from the tank, larger one goes back up to the throttlebody

I was looking under the bike last night and on mine ( V7 III ) that valve is on the tube down by the gearshift on the way to the canister.
On mine The tubes are different diameters, small one comes down from the tank, larger one goes back up to the throttlebody
So it is in the tube from tank to canister?

According to the spare parts list for a 2013 V7 that I found online, the evap canister and the related parts are marked "for USA model".
So, if yours is UK spec, then it should not have them.
Yes that’s my understanding. I’m just trying to identify which part a “tip valve” is. Nobody seems to know.

Yes that’s my understanding. I’m just trying to identify which part a “tip valve” is. Nobody seems to know.
The part very clearly identified in the second post of this thread? I don't understand your question otherwise. Did you look at the top of this thread at all? Just curious.
Evap system earlier this decade were mostly a "North America" requirement. I believe since 2016 or 17 that Guzzi now delivers a global bike with all emission requirements met.

Yes, it is part 7 that you have already pointed out.
That is the location of where it would be. He's saying on his bike it's not there. Read my words above.

Ah, the situations one finds oneself in when purchasing a used bike.
Especially when they buy the bike before getting on forums like this and getting oneself educated.

I have a 2014 V7 stone, with a mostly intact EVAP system except when replacing the fuel tank filter today I noticed the aft vent line is open to the atmosphere. It is literally just dangling back beside the rear tire. Some research revealed this aft vent line is supposed to go down to the evap canister.

I guess I am unsure of whether to...
A) replace this vent hose and hope the rest of the EVAP system works properly (check valves, etc) on a six-year old bike. Do I go ahead and replace the check valves?

or

B) Do the above mentioned "EVAPectomy" procedure. I don't like the notion of spilled fuel or fuel smells in my garage, if that is a factor.

Ah, the situations one finds oneself in when purchasing a used bike.
Especially when they buy the bike before getting on forums like this and getting oneself educated.

I have a 2014 V7 stone, with a mostly intact EVAP system except when replacing the fuel tank filter today I noticed the aft vent line is open to the atmosphere. It is literally just dangling back beside the rear tire. Some research revealed this aft vent line is supposed to go down to the evap canister.

I guess I am unsure of whether to...
A) replace this vent hose and hope the rest of the EVAP system works properly (check valves, etc) on a six-year old bike. Do I go ahead and replace the check valves?

or

B) Do the above mentioned "EVAPectomy" procedure. I don't like the notion of spilled fuel or fuel smells in my garage, if that is a factor.

Yes do it! And get the SAS block off kit as well. I've completed both the Cat removal, SAS block off and added the 2 n 1 brushed exhaust. The block fires up each and every time. No change in gas mileage. Pulls solid thru gears. And with the shorter 2 n 1 exhaust it's a wee bit louder. The HD guys are always impressed with it's throatiness. No issue with smell of gas. My lawnmower is far worse.

The part very clearly identified in the second post of this thread? I don't understand your question otherwise. Did you look at the top of this thread at all? Just curious.
Evap system earlier this decade were mostly a "North America" requirement. I believe since 2016 or 17 that Guzzi now delivers a global bike with all emission requirements met.
I just bought a 2020 Stone S model but it is stored by dealer until March or April so I cannot inspect it. Does my bike have the Carbon canister? Your post suggests it does not, but just checking because I would like to get a Stein Dinse work stand and want to know if this canister will need to be relocated or removed as in this thread. Thanks

I just bought a 2020 Stone S model but it is stored by dealer until March or April so I cannot inspect it. Does my bike have the Carbon canister? Your post suggests it does not, but just checking because I would like to get a Stein Dinse work stand and want to know if this canister will need to be relocated or removed as in this thread. Thanks

I would Imagine it does, but I don’t think you could relocate it ?
Unless you want to put some relatively serious effort into it.

It will have one, yes. Only the 2016 model had it on top of the motor. Most all center-stand manufacturers accommodate for the canister with a bracket, at least the ones I sell and have dealt with. Appreciate the business on the STORE link above.

Back