• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Corbin seat owners, please reassure me!

It appears the passenger back rest is not available for the Cali, even if it is there on the 'build your own' page. Following your post I wrote to Corbin to get ordering information etc and after exchanges of several mails and my references to this post he told me that this was not available unless the bike was taken there for a custom fit!!!!! I did bring his attention to the fact that if the factory has done it once they should be able to do it again but he insisted that this is only possible if the bike was brought into the factory....I can't wrap my head around that one.....if you have contact details of the person who looked after you can you please send it to me in a PM so that I can get in touch with them....Thanks

Sorry for the confusion. I just figured they would save the mold, and since it was an improvement over the existing one, continue to use it. Sorry also I don't have a name for you. I think maybe they treat you different after you take the time to ride a couple hundred miles and bring your bike in. They were great to me.

Do I see a silver color paint on the lower section of the gas tank covers? It looks like silver paint that continues the silver (or gray) color in the seat.

No actualy that is some kind of an illusion. The tank covers are actually chrome and they look black in the picture. Also the top of the seat is just as black as the rest of the bike but looks different in the picture. I don't know what caused that unless it was the lighting.

No worries....which factory did you take it to? Apparently they have two facilities. I could give them a call and find out.....

Hollister location was VERY UNHELPFUL, called Florida's and things were awesome. Hollister wouldn't do passenger backrest. Called Florida location and they did it with no problems. Florida also charged $750.00 less for shipping. Just got seat, quick photos attached. Only issue is mine has "older" covers for backrest holes .

I agree with you completely. This was their customer service off their website....it took an exchange of more than 10 mails to convince the gent to atleast have a look at the photo and Curt's post. He was convinced this wasn't possible. I guess he just cost Corbin atleast one seat's business!

Attachments

• 20200801_180641.jpg
    20200801_180641.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 85
My wife bought a new Corbin saddle for my Le Mans 2 . Looked perfect . 2 months
later we put the bike away and rode my other Guzzi . It was so damn hard and uncomfortable
even after 2 months that we literally have not ridden that bike since . Peter

My buddy complained to Corbin that his was too hard and they told him to bring it in and they would fix it. He did and he is happy now.

So.. my Corbin arrives tomorrow .. no backrest for the passenger which is kind of a problem for me as I also have the MG rack and no longer have a way to apply the sissy bar or any other sissy bar without getting rid of the back rack (which I don't want to). Do you guys can think of any alternative here?

I have their back rest. They have been kinda rude, but the backrest works

So.. my Corbin arrives tomorrow .. no backrest for the passenger which is kind of a problem for me as I also have the MG rack and no longer have a way to apply the sissy bar or any other sissy bar without getting rid of the back rack (which I don't want to). Do you guys can think of any alternative here?

Last edited:
I have their back rest. They have been kinda rude, but the backrest works
How did you do that? did you have to drive to their factory? Or were you able to do that via phone? The bigger question here is: as the seat is already done and will be delivered to me today, can be retrofitted with the extra backrest?

How did you do that? did you have to drive to their factory? Or were you able to do that via phone? The bigger question here is: as the seat is already done and will be delivered to me today, can be retrofitted with the extra backrest?
I'm sorry, I had them make mine like that (I had posted about it above), and assumed yours was made the same. Corbin is hit or miss. The FL branch did the seat with rest no issues. CA wouldn't try unless you were in the factory (CA also wanted $750 more to ship via USPS). I will say if you call (they DO NOT EVER respond to email), try a couple times at both locations--you get different answers depending on who you talk to. They might be able to rework it. Florida has been decent, but the last guy I spoke to was (hopefully) having a bad day...he was ruder than any retailer i've seen in years.

IF that doesn't work, Have you considered putting a top case on? Both the MG Top Cases have back rests. The cheaper one is a fancier version of the Shad SH50 Top Case. Both have cushions. I have both if you need photos. Only concern is i have NOT figured out how to reinforce the rack so it doesn't get its signature break.

Seat arrived... and I 've to say that besides the missing backrest for the passenger.. it's quite nice

Attachments

• IMG_1011.JPG
    IMG_1011.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 38
I have a grey one on my V9 Roamer. It was on the bike when I bought it. I am putting the bike back to original and ordered a stock seat. The Corbin just isnt for me.

Back