• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2021 Guzzi Wish List

Not holding my breath for a big-block sport bike out of them, but... would love to see a retro-inspired V85 LeMans. Something with elegant lines, that when you look at it you immediately recognize it at something Italian, and not a futuristic prop from a sci-fi B movie. I prefer my bikes to look like they were inspired by the form of a beautiful woman, and not like some sort of spindly insect.

__Jason

I don’t know If it would “Realy” be rideable...
Pretty to look at art project. Most of these "designer/builders" clearly don't ride. Even if it would run under it's own power... you have 1" of suspension travel before you start to destory body parts, and no one aside from someone with a 24" inseam could sit on the seat and put their feet on the pegs, seat to peg is likely ~12" or less. Top it off with (pretty much) bicycle wheels and tires, and no thanks.

Pretty to look at art project. Most of these "designer/builders" clearly don't ride. Even if it would run under it's own power... you have 1" of suspension travel before you start to destory body parts, and no one aside from someone with a 24" inseam could sit on the seat and put their feet on the pegs, seat to peg is likely ~12" or less. Top it off with (pretty much) bicycle wheels and tires, and no thanks.

I wouldn't say "It's Easy" to make Un-rideable art... It is interesting - but not practical.
Where as - from what Ive seen of your customs - there Clean machines - where less is More !
What could be done with a little V35 ?

I wouldn't say "It's Easy" to make Un-rideable art... It is interesting - but not practical.
Where as - from what Ive seen of your customs - there Clean machines - where less is More !
What could be done with a little V35 ?
I never said easy. Metal-shapers are artisans. My points are all valid. I would put any of my builds up against all of these builds in real world riding any day. The one linked above is not ride-able, unless you count riding around the parking lot as riding. ;)
Anything is possible with whatever model you'd like. Not sure how far you'd get with a V35, or why... but to each their own I guess.

Designers are motorcyclist too. I can’t tell a design is unrideable if I never test them or never have been officially tested.

Designers are motorcyclist too. I can’t tell a design is unrideable if I never test them or never have been officially tested.
Thank you for this. What a wonderful attitude. This is exactly why I got my Anniversario, I did not want the fastest, the sharpest handling or the lightest. I wanted and got the most fun.

All good. Time for me to walk away from this thread. Pic below of myself in between Miguel and his son (I'm ~6') at my shop, behind my supercharged build.
You'll find my bio on this site in the Lounge section if you care to look. Enjoy the site.

MG TE

Consider it my Dondolino or Poltrona ( with less power ) ;)
Gotcha. Back in 2003, I raced (and won with) a very rare Dondolino (pic in my signature below). They are pretty special.
I'll assume you mean an Airone or similar. Honestly you might have close to what an Airone would set you back, and you still have nothing no where as cool. ;)
Anything is possible with $. Nothing I personally would want to tackle.

Just to throw my two cents (tuppence, in real money :rofl: ) into the ring. My ideal build would be a GTM Bellagio, cruiser orientated with the option of dual or single seat, removable luggage such a H&B C-Bow and a detachable screen. Nothing fancy just practical and reliable.

D9D5B33E 8F05 4A7C BDF2 BBD58A8AACE3 Indeed, but in another 20 - 40 years a V35 might be considered something special.

With more power I would just get into trouble faster.

There is an expression - it’s more fun to drive a Slow car fast, than drive a Fast car slow.

What is the reasonable limit of reliable horsepower and torque from the V85 engine? my Ducati 900CR is 75 hp at the rear wheel and is enough to have fun with.
my 2017 Griso is faster and pulls harder, but they are both fun and the Duc has a different feel because it is about 100 lbs or so lighter.
So a new version of the LeMans with a high performance version of the V85 engine and retro sport styling is what would interest me. The Bobber Sport is headed in the right direction but for me, is not there yet.
Sportier (LeMans, retro sport) styling and better suspension/brakes with an uprated version of the existing engine might do it.
Look at how successful Triumph has been with their Bonneville line.

What is the reasonable limit of reliable horsepower and torque from the V85 engine? my Ducati 900CR is 75 hp at the rear wheel and is enough to have fun with.
my 2017 Griso is faster and pulls harder, but they are both fun and the Duc has a different feel because it is about 100 lbs or so lighter.
Are you asking about factory delivered power or aftermarket? Guzzi has maximized the small block about as much as possible, unless the bore is increased... Which is certainly something Guzzi would have the means to do. There’s a few dyno charts online that show ~5 hp gains with exhaust and fueling (below), so 65 stock up to 70 hp at the tire. In the V7 chassis, it would put it where most people want one. So sad to see the big block motor go away, but then there’s my GTM offerings to fill that void. We shall see what the future brings for Guzzi next year.

0F329BA6 DE71 406E BF8F 7CBF28FD9868

Back